• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened the other day a spanish podcast. One of the hosts is a teacher. He said that right after the unveil video all kids were excited about the switch.

I have a feeling that The moment that kids show up at school playing "serious games" like skyrim or whatever... That's it... home run for Nintendo.

There was a verge interview with miyamoto during super mario run marketing run where he said the following:

I don't know why they'd make a Nintendogs exclusive to mobile devices when they could just put it on the eShop as well. With Super Mario Run, I get it. The gameplay relies on tapping the screen. But with Nintendogs, don't you just have to navigate the UI?

Neoxon

I really want to like this guy, who every time he talks about Nintendo and/or Zelda he just becomes so cynical I can't stand it.

And btw, the Wii U isn't the price of a PS4 Pro...
He isn't the biggest fan of Skyward Sword & is worried about BotW since the director from SS is involved. In previous videos, he's been advocating for the Mario guys to take over Zelda from Anouma.

Also, supposedly he's been hearing from his sources that the Switch likely won't be able to run most multiplatform games (check his previous videos & the comments of this videos). He's been hearing this even before the Eurogamer clock speeds leaked.

But to be fair to Matt, he never said PS4 Pro, just PS4.

NateDrake

He isn't the biggest fan of Skyward Sword & is worried about BotW since the director from SS is involved. In previous videos, he's been advocating for the Mario guys to take over Zelda from Anouma.

Also, supposedly he's been hearing from his sources that the Switch likely won't be able to run most multiplatform games (check his previous videos & the comments of this videos). He's been hearing this even before the Eurogamer clock speeds leaked.

Is this the same Matt that people discussed the multiplatform port issue over the summer?

Skyward Sword is a good game tho.

Neoxon

Is this the same Matt that people discussed the multiplatform port issue over the summer?
I don't think this Matt has a GAF account (Maximilian does, though), but he mentioned that his sources told him about how weak the Switch is after the reveal.

NateDrake

I don't think this Matt has a GAF account (Maximilian does, though), but he mentioned that his sources told him about how weak the Switch is after the reveal.

I remember a Youtube video from around the summer that expressed concerns about the NX's power for multiplatform releases. My memory is hazy since that time was loaded with turmoil, but I remember the video causing a lot of extreme reactions. I thought the presenter was named Matt, but I may be mistaken.

So I am playing through several Nintendo games in my anticipation for the Nintendo Switch.

I just beat Super Mario 3D World. It was okay. If it weren't for 3D Land, this would be the weakest 3D Mario game. It really lacks the sense of grand scale 64, Sunshine, and the two Galaxy games had. Hopefully Super Mario Switch is more in that direction.

Net

What do you think Mario Switch will be called?

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Super Mario Universe
Super Mario Switch
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Super Mario [Something Random]

jdstorm

Banned
Ok so I'm pretty sold on buying a Switch at launch (my first launch console ever!) but I'm trying to figure out what would be the best place to preorder? Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc. Any suggestions? The only reason I'm asking is I'm worried about how many will be available. Wound be terrible if Amazon cancelled my preorder prior to launch or if there's some kind of long term shortage like the Wii had. Where do you guys plan on preordering from?

If you regularly shop at gamestop its a great way to level up in their rewards program, and their console prices are usually reasonable. Unlike most new games

Edit. If you are really worried about it Gamestop only needs 10 dollars to confirm a preorder and you can cancel them. (Did it with my Launch WiiU) so having that as a Backup PreOrder is a solid idea

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Super Mario Universe
Super Mario Switch
Super Mario Sunshine 2

Mario 3D Run? Theres something about the way the camera is angled that makes me think they might be trying something different.

Now Im getting flashes of 3D onrails sonic games.

Jumpman23

What do you think the chances are of the Switch being able to play/connect with the 3DS? I could see things like Street Pass crossing over between platforms as an example. I'd personally love an update to Street Pass and its content on the Switch. Given the portable nature of the Switch it seems like a perfect fit.

Anth0ny

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Super Mario Universe
Super Mario Switch
Super Mario Sunshine 2

hopefully something random that sounds cool

it's been 10 years. every mainline mario since galaxy has had a lame ass name.

I'd be really sad if Bill misses the main presentation. Reggie eh.

Yeah. Bill being fluent in Japanese, he could just have a segment at the presentation with no issue, but I guess he will be on Treehouse Live instead. They may have Japanese developers in need of a translator.

killroy87

So often I find myself daydreaming of the new Mario having a structure similar to 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, and I just get so happy.

Please, please let this game lean more towards larger levels to explore.

hopefully something random that sounds cool

it's been 10 years. every mainline mario since galaxy has had a lame ass name.
Only 3D world has come out for mainline tho.

I'm guess your referring to 2D as well?
sadly this, most boring title ever.

I just wish it doesn't take place in the mushroom kingdom, I want new places like Island Delfino and the difference ferent Galaxies.

Mushroom kingdom and "exciting couch multiplayer!" = I discard it immediately
Well 3D world didn't take place in Mushroom Kingdom. In fact. Last 3D game that took exclusively there was 64

NSESN

I think this Matt has some nice ideas, but sometimes he seems a bit obnoxious. Like i totally agree with him about FFXV and RDR2, but his reasons about FF7R not coming are weak at best. And no way BOTW for Wii U is released that much time after the Switch version, if Nintendo did that, it would be better to just cancel it and cut losses.

oti

Banned
So often I find myself daydreaming of the new Mario having a structure similar to 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy, and I just get so happy.

Nah. Give me Galaxy 2 level selection.

Net

I'm leaning towards it being open world.

oti

Banned
Can't wait for "So.. are you going to buy the Switch?" Thread after Jan12th.

Threads after the event:

So this is it?

Who's preordering?

I'm convinced

I'm not convinced

Anyone else think the Wii U presentation was better?

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo dropped the ball?

I just sold off all my other consoles for Switch

Nintendo's back

Nintendo's doomed

Hip Hop

Threads after the event:

So this is it?

Who's preordering?

I'm convinced

I'm not convinced

Anyone else think the Wii U presentation was better?

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo dropped the ball?

I just sold off all my other consoles for Switch

Nintendo's back

Nintendo's doomed

And all will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom