• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Threads after the event:

So this is it?

Who's preordering?

I'm convinced

I'm not convinced

Anyone else think the Wii U presentation was better?

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo dropped the ball?

I just sold off all my other consoles for Switch

Nintendo's back

Nintendo's doomed

"Who's trading in [insert console] for a Switch?"

tebunker

Banned
Threads after the event:

So this is it?

Who's preordering?

I'm convinced

I'm not convinced

Anyone else think the Wii U presentation was better?

Am I the only one who thinks Nintendo dropped the ball?

I just sold off all my other consoles for Switch

Nintendo's back

Nintendo's doomed

You forgot, yo my fake gf just preordered me a switch but I had to sell my Ps4 pro before she came over, who else sold their Ps4?

Is this the same Matt that people discussed the multiplatform port issue over the summer?

I don't know, but NeoGaf Matt said @ end of november 2016, that Switch could run the likes of Assassins Creed Unity.

hard to say for sure without actual specs, but based on assumptions and limitations of the hardware due to form factor, look at anything where demands on the hardware are large because of things outside of graphical effects. Shadows of Mordor and its Nemesis system, Assassin's Creed Unity and its civilian density I very much doubt could run on switch hardware.

Of course they both could. Maybe not as dense for Unity, I don't know, but it certainly wouldn't be a night and day difference.

What is your stance to this at the moment?

Scum

I bet we get "I'm canceling my Switch preorder" threads within the next 60 days.

An example of an OP a week after launch:

"Now that the honeymoon period is over, who's regretting their Switch purchase?"

uUu9hwp.png

I absolutely hate these opinion threads. Not just for nintendo, but for every company, it's always a thread being made way too soon, like the honeymoon one for example, or something completely stupid that could be discussed in any other thread about a system.

My Bingo card!

Hadn't thought about Miiverse. I'm split. I want them to keep it, but with no stylus and if everything has to work in console mode, maybe they will do away with it. It would be a shame, because a message board integrated into the OS was a brilliant idea.

Posting my predictions:

First Party
  • Breath of the Wild is indeed a launch title, in NA. EU is delayed 1-2 weeks. Please understand.
  • Mario Switch is very similar to 3D World; Wario appears as a character this time.
  • Splatoon is not quite a sequel, but is a massively updated port. Octolings are finally playable.
  • Smash is shown; at least one newcomer will be revealed.
  • Mario Kart is MK8 with 4 additional cups, more characters, and classic Battle Mode. Called Mario Kart Infinite and will be updated for the Switch's lifespan.
  • A bizarre new IP, even stranger than Splatoon is revealed.
  • Pikmin 4 is revealed.
  • Pokemon Stars is not mentioned.
  • A brief sizzle reel teases games to be elaborated on during the Treehouse stream.
  • MOTHER 3
  • Rabbids Kingdom Battle is revealed to little applause.
  • New Mario Strikers revealed; gritty Rosalina quickly proves a fan favorite.

Third Party
  • Skyrim Remastered is confirmed, obviously. Launch day.
  • Sonic Mania is confirmed; Project 2017 gets a new teaser.
  • Monster Hunter is shown in some capacity.
  • Marvel VS Capcom Infinite shown off; one new Marvel and one new Capcom fighter revealed.
  • Tecmo shows off a new Nintendo-themed Warriors game. Fire Emblem?
  • Tekken 7.
  • Dark Souls Trilogy confirmed.
  • Dragon Quest incoming.
  • Indie sizzle reel that contains conspicuous UNDERTALE footage, with no comment on Nintendo's part.

TLZ

Banned
What do you think Mario Switch will be called?

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Super Mario Universe
Super Mario Switch
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Super Mario [Something Random]

I'd go Universe as a safe bet.

That or either something totally new, Trek? Adventures?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I tried to put some riské ones, but with everything that leaked...

I just realized I didn't even put Xenoblade, Monolith and Beyond Good and Evil 2 in there.

I think the Mario at Launch and no Miiverse ones are riské?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Alright... any reasons?

The commonality between Trump and brexit is a surge in white nationalism and anti immigrant scapegoatism fueled in part by dissatisfaction of a disappearing middle class resulting from neoliberalism and crony capitalism. Some people in comfortable wealthy or liberal bubbles didn't see it coming or where too dissatisfied with politics to care enough to fight against it.

Switch disruption the potentially stagnating AAA industry has nothing to do with the above.

A thread regarding the current state of AAA gaming and what could disrupt said industry would be interesting.

Comparing it to politics would be a distraction from any interesting discussion. It's a terrible thread idea.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Everyone's so laser focused on the twitter circle, that they are missing what should be obvious. A new project from the Wii Sports / Nintendo Land team.

Trevelyan

Banned
Everyone's so laser focused on the twitter circle, that they are missing what should be obvious. A new project from the Wii Sports / Nintendo Land team.
This is what makes me excited. I would absolutely love a new Nintendo Land, but I know we won't get one, so I'll take a new IP from them.

Kinsei

Banned
My predictions.

Main Presentation
$249.99 USD base price
$299.99 USD bundle price
Launch date
Launch line up (including BotW and Splatoon)
Dark Souls trilogy with all DLC included releasing late 2017/early 2018
Monster Hunter XX
BG&E2
Pikmin
New Nintendo Musou
Metroid 5/Metroid Prime 4 (plz)
Retro's new game (plz)
Mother 3 VC (plz)
Gamecube VC
Specs and stuff
A close looks at the system itself

Treehouse Stream
At least one new game announcement
A close look at the OS
Games Games Games

KingBroly

Banned
Mario Switch will be called "Super Mario World Tour" because...yeah, it feels right.

I HOPE Sonic Mania's going to be on Switch. It'd be terrible if it wasn't.

WILD CARD PREDICTION: Metroid...by...Ninja Theory

Hydrus

What do you think Mario Switch will be called?

Super Mario Galaxy 3
Super Mario Universe
Super Mario Switch
Super Mario Sunshine 2
Super Mario [Something Random]

Super Mario Switch. Its simple, catchy and rolls off the tongue nicely.

Atheerios

People should stop expecting Nintendo to reveal specs at the presentation. They never do that. The only thing that I could see them mentioning is the RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom