• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrell

For real?
TEu8Cna.jpg

Faked by someone on 2ch.

Seriously guys, we need to stop giving fakes any oxygen. The likelihood of something being real is very VERY slim at this point.

Net

(assuming it's salvageable, and MS are cold dicks) what value do you place on the reputation and mind share bonus a move like this would get Nintendo on forums like this?

And (repeating, sorry) it's a Kamiya fantasy epic at a discount.

hope they look at it.
Nintendo is not going to want to pay Microsoft millions of dollars for any reason, let alone a niche title.

Furthermore Nintendo can probably attain similar prestige and goodwill with far more influence over the IP and future of the series by just ordering up Bayonetta 3.

If Platinum found another company willing to fund and publish it exclusively on Xbox that would be the only remotely plausible scenario I could imagine, but even that seems very farfetched.

I want some of the first GameCube VC games announced and released to be Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 so they can finally fucking finish the trilogy on Switch.

Or pull a Bayonetta 2 and just port 1 & 2 and include them with 3. Or have them be on VC but have codes for 1 & 2 be a preorder bonus or just included with the game.

Basically I just want Viewtiful Joe back and a conclusion to the story.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Nintendo:
3D Mario, Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, New game from Nintendoland/Wii Sports team, and a few other smaller titles like Mario Superstars Mix, and collaborations with Monster games and good feel. I could see them tease a game that is still far out like Retro's new game or a new metroid.

Square Enix:
Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest Builders

Capcom:
Monster Hunter XX
SF5
Resident Evil Revelations 2

Namco:
Pokken tournament
Anime licensed games such as One piece, dragon ball, Gundam, etc.

From Software:
Dark Souls- whether the trilogy or something else. I doubt From is working on an original series for Switch.

Atlus:
SMT

Activision:
Call of Duty
Skylanders

Ubisoft:
Rabbids X Mario RPG
Watch Dogs 2
Assassin's Creed

EA:
NBA
Madden
Fifa
Mass Effect

Bethesda:
Skyrim

Sega:
Sonic

Warner Bros.
Batman: Arkham
Injustice 2
Legos

Koei Tecmo:
Hyrule Warriors
Ninja Gaiden

Konami:
Winning Eleven

Platinum:
Bayonetta
possibly new ip or sequel to some of their older series like W101

Indie:
Minecraft, Shovelknight, original titles, etc.

VC: GCN titles anounced. Luigi's Mansion is shown off when announcing GCN VC.

Uh...SFV? The game Sony paid for? Ok...

I hope that if/when the Switch gets Homebrew, that someone is able to port over Moonlight, the PC game streaming app that uses the Nvidia streaming tech.

It would be great to able to play my PC games on this thing, I think the screen will probably be a little larger than my Nvidia Shield Portable, even if it probably isn't a higher resolution.

I think the Wii U controller was tweaked to let it stream PC games at some point, so I'm sure someone will figure out for the Switch eventually.

I guess I'll post my predictions as well, though I'm not going to have super high expectations so I'm just going to list a few stuff.

What I expect the most
  • Mario Kart
  • Breath of The Wild
  • NSMB ...Because it simply sells. You can't deny that.
  • Skyrim

What I sort of expect. It'd definitely be nice to see;
  • EA Sports
  • 3D Mario. Miyamoto said that we would see it E3 2017, but it could also be ahead of schedule. Maybe we'll get a teaser.
  • Monster Hunter
  • Yooka Laylee
  • NVIDIA CEO on stage talking about specs. Because of Treehouse the next morning to really show off the games in depth, it'd be nice to have spec talk at the presentation, and Jen-Hsun Huang would definitely be the best one to do it.

What I absolutely do NOT expect that should be mentioned
  • Pokemon. It literally just came out for 3DS. The game still has many more copies to sell before releasing a 3rd Switch version if that's to be assumed. Announcing it Thursday would make people wait and end up pitting two of Nintendo's own systems against each other.

What would make my shit myself if we saw
  • Dark Souls. Dear fucking God. I LOVE this franchise and I got hyped from the rumor. FromSoft on board was a huge surprise to me since they mocked the WiiU when asked about a DSII port. It'd be a great place to reveal the new IP though.

NateDrake

Honestly, I think NSMB isn't going to do much unless they really changed the template and graphics.

With Mario Maker out there, there really isn't a rush or dire need for a NSMB entry. I agree they would need to change the graphics and such before releasing a new 2D Mario game.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I was just looking through some old Miyamoto interviews, and at E3 2016 he specifically said that the new 3D Mario would not launch alongside the NX, but he is hoping to reveal it at E3 2017 and it was a "new type of Mario".

So how dissapointed would you be if the Mario shown in the Switch reveal wasn't even fully revealed this Thursday?

JoeM86

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pokémon here, but probably not Stars.

Part of me fully expects Detective Pikachu Part 2 on Switch launch in Japan. It has been a year since the first part ended with this:
00599.png

It had really high quality graphics, some of the best on the 3DS in general and never really used the dual screens much. Focus was always one screen over the other. It wouldn't be hard. They could even port the first one across too.

I also fully expect an enhanced port/second version of Pokkén Tournament to hit the Switch during year one. With the arcade version having 4 more characters than the Wii U one, and the Wii U one still saying "no DLC" on the official site, it makes sense. Pokkén Tournament sold 1 million units on the Wii U which is solid. It also has a small competitive circuit (though it could have been better if TPCi hadn't botched it at every conceivable turn). I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all to see it appear. If not here then at some point this year.

Pokémon Shuffle is another thing that I wouldn't be surprised to see in the first year. Hopefully with a way to move your progress across but that shouldn't be hard seeing as you check in with your NNID every day. They can patch in a transfer method if necessary. Shuffle has been downloaded over 8 million times on the 3DS and 15 million times on mobile. It has a significant audience.

Note: The above is speculation and not indicative of insider knowledge

Net

Yes we should

What do you do when a gift horse is staring you in the face,Ninty?

A. Buy the rights.
If the rights were for sale, which they probably aren't, Microsoft would demand probably no less than the full cost of development so far.

Nintendo will not pay that.

Let's just pray for Bayonetta 3.

_Clash_

If the rights were for sale, which they probably aren't, Microsoft would demand probably no less than the full cost of development so far.

Nintendo will not pay that.

Let's just pray for Bayonetta 3.

Nintendo are pretty much all in with Switch, I hope they ask the question. Low hanging fruit and all that.

random25

With Atlus opening up a 25th anniversary website for Shin Megami Tensei, the possibility of getting that SMTV goodness this year on the Switch jumps up. Please Atlus!

Net

Nintendo are pretty much all in with Switch, I hope they ask the question. Low hanging fruit and all that.

You call it low hanging fruit but what I'm getting at is that the fruit is really high, like if you attached it to a rocket and shot it into the stratosphere it would be about that high.

I was just looking through some old Miyamoto interviews, and at E3 2016 he specifically said that the new 3D Mario would not launch alongside the NX, but he is hoping to reveal it at E3 2017 and it was a "new type of Mario".

So how dissapointed would you be if the Mario shown in the Switch reveal wasn't even fully revealed this Thursday?
Pretty disappointed, Nintendo holding back information on key titles like that until after the system is out would be a terrible decision.

Shiggy

Considering it's already fully localised and was already briefly shown, chances are high that we will see it on Friday.

ReyVGM

Nintendo is inviting a ton of people for the Switch event, are hosting a lot of events worldwide, and are even having a treehouse event the next day for the Switch's big reveal. So we can be sure that they will have enough big games or big surprises on that day.

Remember how everyone bitched and moaned how BotW was the only game at E3 2016, and once E3 came and we saw the game, we didn't really care about anything else?

I think this will be another one of those situations.

Oersted

NSMB ...Because it simply sells. You can't deny that.

3D Mario. Miyamoto said that we would see it E3 2017, but it could also be ahead of schedule. Maybe we'll get a teaser.

We have believable rumors that a 3D Mario game is close to be finished or already finished.

There is jackshit about NSMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom