• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugoo18

I'll mix. Games like Zelda, MH, Splatoon or Overwatch (if it happens) I'll buy digital. A game like Skyrim I'll buy retail, so I can sell it again someday.

I've never sold a game, traded in if i didn't like it yes but once i enjoy it that game has a home for life lol.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I mean Overwatch is entirely online. You can't always guarantee a good wifi connection.

DQX is also entirely online, still it will be released in japan on the switch.

I don't understand that line of thinking. people know what an online only game is. they'll then only play them at home or in a hotel or something like that.

Meesh

Yes, an hour and or 55 minutes ish.

I mean yes thats online only. But it severely limits the playability of that game, in my eyes. I play portable games out of my house a lot.
Nice!!! Sounds like there'll be a lot of info packed into that hour, or at least I hope. So freaking hype for this!!!!

Dmax3901

My predictions:

From Software's Beserk: The game is real and is a Switch exclusive. Far more cinematic that either Dark Souls or Bloodborne.

Breath of the Wild: The Switch version runs at 1080p and 60 FPS. Handheld version has sections that can be played in Link to the Past era graphics ala DQ 11 on 3DS.

Metroid Switch (the actual name not a placeholder): Uses the Switch Handheld in all the ways we imagined a Wii U Metroid would. Touchscreen morph ball puzzles, scanning etc.

Mario Globalisation: Mario visits various business hub cities around the world tripping balls on Mushrooms, phenomenal platforming ensues.

Mario Kart Switch: Uses 8 as a foundation but has 6 new cups, 12 new racers and adds planes as well like Diddy Kong Racing. It's actually Diddy Kong Racing.

Oh yeah I forgot one:

Mystical Ninja 3: Goemon Makes the Switch: The sequel you've always dreamed of, plays just like you'd expect but with prettier graphics and 200% more puuuulassiimaaaaaaaa.

Yep 1h15-1h30 would be perfect IMO. Want some teasers even for some 2018 games, a few seconds will be enough

Yeah, it looks like BG&E2 will probably be one 2018 game teased. I believe Retros games releases this year so I'm hoping Monoliths game is teased.

-BG&E2
-Monolith Softs game
-Retro? Could be 2018 game, but I doubt it
-Next Level Games? Luigis Mansion 3?
-Platinum game
-big third party exclusive

I wonder who will be doing the English talk over the Japanese? lol I hope that person doesn't come off very monotone.

I already have a feeling the presentation will lean more to the low key side. The info is what matters to me. I don't care if the presentation is dry.

I wonder who will be doing the English talk over the Japanese? lol I hope that person doesn't come off very monotone.

I already have a feeling the presentation will lean more to the low key side. The info is what matters to me. I don't care if the presentation is dry.

Exactly, I just want to see games.

A Direct would be more fun but the fact that we don't know how it will go is kind of exciting.

Planet

Most thought it was pretty dreadful, even big fans.
Like I said, too few explosions, too much tech talk. Sony tried to explain what they could not possibly show via low bitrate streams. I think they just about half succeeded.

Well, fear not, Nintendo doesn't do tech talk, because that surely is not what they want you to focus on.

El Topo

Like I said, too few explosions, too much tech talk.

No. Too much convoluted stuff, narrated in a weird way. When you basically go "This is what HDR would look like if we could show it to you", you kind of lose your audience. Talking about specs is fine, no need to drag that out for 40 minutes.

new_Mario_Game.gif

SOON

Bert

Great, my schedule this week has been:

- Monday: up till midnight for assignment hand in
- Tuesday: Work, Exam & revision
- Wednesday: Exam
- Thurdsay: Work& assignment hand in
- Friday: Up early for Switch, work.

I'm gonna sleeeeeep this weekend.

mingo

I hope there is no talk of what's inside the switch and let the games do the talking. Who cares what's inside it if the games look and play great!

Matbtz

Think the game will be THAT or you think it's kind of a placeholder???

I dig the Mexican whatever village vibe but the other part seems a bit ordinary.

I think there is far too much details on such short presentation of the game for it not to be true (check gamexplain's analysis).
I'm almost as hyped as for BotW for this, if this turns out to be the real successor of 64/Sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom