• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

I think the opposite XD
The mexican part seems so large and boring in terms of platforming challenge

I agree, the mexican village looks like either a mini hub or an unfinished area. The other part is actually a mario level

I'm still curious about that floating heart

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm expecting a teaser for monolith's and a trailer for Retro's. I cannot wait. I'm going to watch it in the car before work and be so overstimulated when I get in there with nobody to talk about it to :(

saskuatch

I think the real problem with overwatch on the switch would be with all the new skins voice lines etc being introduced to sell loot boxes it would need to constantly get patched and use up all of the meager storage available.

Retrobox

new_Mario_Game.gif

SOON

The reflection on that bullet bill makes me happy in the pants everytime

Why are people bringing up Overwatch? Was there a rumor/leak?

It's in the same vein of 'popular third party title that previously couldn't be conceived of as being portable' as Skyrim. It also has the benefits of A) Not being an especially demanding game - minimum spec is a GTX 460 - and B) Being bright and colourful, and so people kinda feel it would fit well among Nintendo's other offerings. It's pure speculation of course, and I doubt it happening any time soon, mainly because Nintendo's listed third parties has Activision on it, not Activision Blizzard or Blizzard Entertainment. That's more Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, and maybe Skylanders, rather than Overwatch or Diablo.

Retrobox

- Mario opening his arms after long jump

It may be a huge stretch, but I think this may indicate that momentum plays a big role in this game. Think back to the SMB3 speed meter. Actually now that I think about it, Mario opens his arms in that game as well.

Really? You don't think we'll say anything of Retros game or Monolith?

Retro has been in the dark for 3 years now.

One E3 I was 99% sure Retro would show what they were working on as they had been quiet for so long.

They were a no-show.

I'll never make that mistake again.

If they are even mentioned, my bladder will do backflips.

Alrus

The Mario footage makes me really hyped because it looks like we're back to actual 3D mario camera position and movements (hopefully the run button is a goner too). I really did not enjoy the 3D Land style.

There is E3 for Retro
I see E3 to fully reveal Retros game for people to play, but all of Nintendos chips are in the Switch and it's a worldwide presentation- something of Retros game should be there.

One E3 I was 99% sure Retro would show what they were working on as they had been quiet for so long.

They were a no-show.

I'll never make that mistake again.

If they are even mentioned, my bladder will do backflips.

Bladder doing backflips and ovulating as a man lol! There's something wrong with your body.

I don't think it's ready

I see E3 to fully reveal Retros game for people to play, but all of Nintendos chips are in the Switch and it's a worldwide presentation- something of Retros game should be there.

Bladder doing backflips and ovulating as a man lol! There's something wrong with your body.

I don't think it's ready

At least someone likel Keighley will ask Reggie about Retro and he will say they are working on a fantastic new project.

I am ready for Retro's game, but i understand if it's not shown thursday. Do you guys think that we will see some kind of teaser for sakurai's next project? Will he revive an old IP or create a new one? also, i am just kidding, but what if....

faa.png

Trevelyan

Banned
I am ready for Retro's game, but i understand if it's not shown thursday. Do you guys think that we will see some kind of teaser for sakurai's next project? Will he revive an old IP or create a new one? also, i am just kidding, but what if....

316xhg9.jpg
I'd really love a new Kid Icarus. It's been 5 years since Uprising, so I hope we'd get one in 2018.

marmoka

Banned
This will be a very long week.

I remember those days between October 17th and 20th. Those were horrible as well because of rumors and our feelings of the imminent Switch reveal.

I feel the same way again: nervous, ultrahyped,... The difference is that this time we know the exact date and time.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I want Mario to be on the same wavelength as Galaxy and Galaxy 2, fully utilising 3D space and unique gravity based platforming physics. It's 3D Mario at its absolute best as far as I'm concerned. But it won't happen. I think Nintendo is done with Galaxy as a series and after Galaxy 2, aka gold standard of all 3D platfomers ever, I can't blame them for wanting to try something new.

It doesn't look like 3D World which is great to me. I liked 3D World but that's just it; I liked it, not loved it. Its excessively rigid perspective and play space design felt like a massive step backwards from the 3D Mario identity no matter how fun it was, acting as a hybrid of 2D and 3D Mario conventions.

I like Mario 64 too but I'm not overly big on the HUGE OPEN HUB IS BEST YOU GUYS philosophy some seem to cherish. I can see the appeal, but to me it's just wasted space, something Galaxy/Galaxy 2 did a far better job of pacing and balancing.

We'll see.

Kurt

And you purposely pick a picture of arguably the single ugliest, flattest section in the entire game to demonstrate your point? Go you!

Here, let me pick the prettiest one to even things out:

bowser_land_by_stone_hedgehog-d6vqizg.jpg

The new mario has also a huge field to walk around, that's the only reason why i picked that image. Because it's the only huge field in the game that i can remember.
I think you missed my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom