• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iYgIXNG.png

What Nintendo IP(s) would you like to see getting revived?

F-Zero
Golden Sun
Advance Wars

Does Famicom Detective Club count? I'm not sure if that's an ongoing IP or something that's been dead for a while.

Peru

iYgIXNG.png

Joke (but serious) answer: Metroid Prime. Would just love to see them go first person with gorgeous visuals but still all the things that make Metroid so unique over FPSes.

Real dead IP: Personally I love arcade racers like Wave Race and F-zero but don't see it happening in full scale games. So maybe something like Star Tropics, not so much for the mechanics of that game as the setting.

deleted

I'd love a new Mario Strikers - the first one didn't reach to the heights of Sega Soccer Slam, but the second one... Uh boy.

Would love a new one on the Switch.

AND F-ZERO!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Not sure if something like this would warrant a thread but $200-$250 is looking more and more likely as the probable launch price which is more than ok for me.

I tend not to trust placeholder prices or pricing rumors in general, but this does line up with what LKD reported not long ago.

Sounds pretty reasonable, hopefully it's true!

iYgIXNG.png

Star Tropics! I had so much fun with that game as a kid. Dipping the manual in water to reveal secrets was so awesome at the time. The game was so bright and colorful, and different than anything I was used to at the time. There is so much potential here for a reboot.F-Zero, while a great IP, I think would just be more of the same game we have gotten since SNES. When I imagine another entry in that series, I just imagine the Gamecube game with HD graphics...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
To clarify a bit, the rumored UK pricing translates to about $250 for what is probably the "basic" SKU.

I think the difference in VAT might change that £ to $ translation a bit but, admittedly, I'm not sure how that usually goes with consoles. Isn't the price listed on a UK retailer the post-tax price? Would the US pre-tax pricing be directly equal to the UK post-tax pricing?

iYgIXNG.png

Can't remember the actual publisher and can't be bothered to look right now but, if Eternal Darkness came back in some form, I'd cry tears of happy.

JustenP88

The Publisher was Nintendo.

wikipedia said:
While a direct follow-up was cancelled by the copyrights holder Nintendo, and Silicon Knights bankrupted and disbanded, the game's writer and director Denis Dyack has been attempting to make a spiritual successor titled Shadow of the Eternals.

Go get my man Dennis Nintendo plz

Steph_E.

I'm actually fine with Switch releasing on March 17. I got plenty of games to play until then. Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege and I just bought Titanfall 2. And with the usual games of FIFA 17 and Final Fantasy XIV, and Final Fantasy XV releasing next week, I think I'm covered until the Switch release. I'm not even looking for too many releases at launch. I think Splatoon and 3D Mario will do just fine until Breath of the Wild and Smash Bros. comes out in the Fall.

Same here. Excluding everything else, just for the Wii U:
Not even touched Metroid Trilogy I bought when it was half price at launch on Wii U
I still have to buy Deus Ex, AC: Black Flag, Rayman Legends
Need to finish last few levels of DKCR:TF and Captain Toad

I think the difference in VAT might change that £ to $ translation a bit but, admittedly, I'm not sure how that usually goes with consoles. Isn't the price listed on a UK retailer the post-tax price? Would the US pre-tax pricing be directly equal to the UK post-tax pricing?

Hm... Not sure if it's the best comparison but I'm looking at Amazon US vs Amazon UK for the PS4 Pro. Amazon US lists it for $399.99, which is about $423 after tax with a 6% tax rate. Amazon UK lists it for £332.49 which according to Google is about $412 in US dollars. There are no additional taxes added at the point of purchase.

So... The UK after tax price is about $11 cheaper than the US after-tax price once converted. Using the same logic for the Switch pricing we have...

£198 on Gameseek which translates to about $246 USD. Assuming the US pricing would be $249.99, after tax we would pay $264. So... about an $18 difference between the two. I don't think this is definitive proof, but it definitely seems to add up.

javadoze

iYgIXNG.png

F-Zero
Custom Robo
The Frog for Whom the Bell Tolls
2D Metroid [Prime 4 would be nice, but a return to form seems like the logical step after Federation Force and Other M.]
WarioWare (WarioWare DIY) [Kinda counts. DIY released 6-7 years ago while Smooth Moves was arguably almost a decade ago for the last mainline game. No, Game & Wario doesn't count.]

Pastry

Banned
I would be fine with Breath of the Wild releasing on June 16. I mean, I probably won't even have completed the 3D Mario game before then. It seems to spread out the releases nicely. I'll have Splatoon and Mario for launch, Zelda for Summer and Pokémon Stars for Fall. I really don't need any more games for Nintendo Switch for that first year. Of course Smash Bros and Mario Kart will be nice bonuses.

Yeah that's kind of how I'm looking at it. I've got Battlefield 1 for my FPS fix and I don't think I'll need much else. With my limited gaming time in a year that will keep me plenty occupied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom