• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest micro SD supported is 128GB, right? What do I risk by putting a 200GB in this?
Not much... I have a 64GB in my 3ds. Thats double the officially supported size..

Hi all. As all of you are aware it's an amazing feeling to finally get accepted as a Neogaf active member (it's taken about 2 years). To me this is a massive privilege as I have been following as a passive member for several years dreaming of this day to come. This is my first post and I am hoping to be able to contribute value to the discussions. In terms of this thread specifically I for one am I excited about the Nintendo Switch and will definitely get it day one. I believe where Tablets and tablet based gaming has failed to bring a full gaming experience to a true portable form factor, the Nintendo Switch will get it right and will create the next disruption in which other brands will follow suit. I love how Nintendo continue to take risks and to be bold and I wish them all the success in the world with their next platform.
Welcome. I feel the same. I just hope others buy into the concept and it does well.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Thanks BDGAME for the question.

xApHqzO.png

What IOS/Android games can become good switch games?

I'll start with the inevitable Super Mario Run/Pokémon GO/Miitomo etc. (I'd like all Nintendo smartphone titles to be available on the eShop where possible)

Hearthstone would be a fantastic Switch title, and since Bethesda is onboard, I reckon Fallout Shelter still has legs.

All of the GO titles by Squeenix (Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO, Deus Ex GO)

Really Bad Chess

Mini Metro

Pac-Man 256

Downwell

Pasedo

Too many to thank individually but thanks for the warm welcome guys. It certainly was a great way to end a shitty week stumbling into my email after a few drinks at a bar and seeing the 'Account validated at NeoGAF!' email. I thought for a minute I had one too many and was seeing things. I don't think many people appreciate just how much of an honour it is being a member in this extremely exclusive community. I mean top tier media publications quote people from here. The opinion and expertise in Neogaf is so highly valued. Sorry I deviate off the thread. I cant wait to learn more about the Switch after the exclusive Switch presentation early January. Being mainly an on the go gamer these days who enjoys AAA gaming experiences it could be exactly what I need without having to fork out for a gaming laptop. Yes raw graphical power will not compare but if most of the key releases are ported over at decent IQ and frame rates plus obviously access to Nintendo games I seriously cannot justify getting a laptop costing significantly more.

Just a question... Will the 3DS disappear when switch comes out or...?

If you're asking will the 3DS not be supported once the Switch is out, Emily Rogers has said Nintendo plans to continue support until 2018. What level of support, we don't know.

But yes, the Switch will wind up replacing both the Wii U and 3DS.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
While I'm not exactly press (I'm actually on the dev side), I'm excited for these upcoming press events (and the main Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 of course). Hoping to get some reading material in conjunction with these happenings.

Alright, I'm waiting on buying a couple games just in case they get Switch versions:

-Dark Souls 3 DLC (I might wait until a complete edition comes anyway)

-DOOM

What does everyone think are the odds that either will show up on the Switch? And should I wait to get DOOM at least until seeing what they have at the January event?

MoonFrog

I see myself potentially double dipping on, say, Persona 5.

I don't think a Switch version will be announced until a good while after April if it is announced and I'll definitely want to play it in April anyway. That said, I want Switch to be a one-stop Atlus platform for me in the future and would support a version of that game on Switch when it comes out.

With things like DQXI, at least I know already it is coming to Switch and seems likely to come at same time as other versions. I think if any version won't be localized, it'll be 3DS version, but I'm guessing that comes too.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You know what the kickstand and detachable controllers let you do?

They let you play lying on your side, all tucked up in bed, with the system next to your pillow and without you needing to hold the system or even get them out from under your sheets. So comfy.

The ultimate system for lazyasses like myself.

Pachimari

Alright, I'm waiting on buying a couple games just in case they get Switch versions:

-DOOM

What does everyone think are the odds that either will show up on the Switch? And should I wait to get DOOM at least until seeing what they have at the January event?
5% chance.

-DOOM

That's honestly a tough one! Do we have a GOTY edition for either title yet? If not, I could see the Switch getting that version if anything. As far as DOOM goes, I'd say that depends on how you want to play it. If you're just in it for the single player, it's probably better to just buy it now while it's cheap. The Switch version most likely wouldn't launch at a budget price.

I see myself potentially double dipping on, say, Persona 5.

I really want Persona 5, but If there's even a chance of a Switch version I'll wait for that. Games like that are too time consuming for me to only play on the TV, but it would be perfect on the Switch.

That's honestly a tough one! Do we have a GOTY edition for either title yet? If not, I could see the Switch getting that version if anything. As far as DOOM goes, I'd say that depends on how you want to play it. If you're just in it for the single player, it's probably better to just buy it now while it's cheap. The Switch version most likely wouldn't launch at a budget price.

Yeah I bit the bullet for $30 DOOM. I'm not that into shooters but I really like what I've seen from DOOM's single player.

Anyway, I'm thinking there will be something Dark Souls. Maybe a Dark Souls 1 remaster or even a full trilogy. FROM better have an exclusive though!

MAtgS

Thanks BDGAME for the question.

xApHqzO.png

What IOS/Android games can become good switch games?
Comics/ereader apps would be nice, embrace the pseudo tablet functionality to the fullest.

KH Unchained X for the prospect of every KH being playable on Switch between VC and Remixes.

EDarkness

So, what about a Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite?

I hope this comes to the NS. I'll definitely be picking it up if it does. If not, then I might get it for the PS4. I always loved the Marvel Vs. Games. I think I'll go head and fire up Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom to get in the mood for it. :D

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I hope this comes to the NS. I'll definitely be picking it up if it does. If not, then I might get it for the PS4. I always loved the Marvel Vs. Games. I think I'll go head and fire up Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom to get in the mood for it. :D

It is multiplat, so, why not? I believe it could happen
Just hope it would have dlc support and a good online

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes to Switch, wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't. We'll see next month.

This doesn't have the excuse of lacking the audience at least. We'll see.

EDarkness

And Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. There's been NO sign of the word "exclusive" in the slightest. Plus it's Vicarious and Activision. Vicarious made a whole line of Nintendo-exclusive Crash games on the GBA.

I'm pretty sure that Crash is coming out on the NS. I think that's a no brainer. As for the other games, who knows. Without knowing what kind of 3rd party games are even on the table, it could go either way. It would be awesome to have some of them (especially Ys) come out on the NS.

Plum

somehow... i never thought about playing DS1 on this. that would be pretty incredible, that's the one game i could play any time anywhere

The game saving after pretty much everything you do makes it a perfect portable game for me. Really hope we get some form of Souls on the Switch.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Do you think that all these 3rd party games that might get a Switch version will get the proper attention in next month's event, to compensate for the stupid interdiction about mentioning Switch versions?

EDarkness

Do you think that all these 3rd party games that might get a Switch version will get the proper attention in next month's event, to compensate for the stupid interdiction about mentioning Switch versions?

I would hope so, but you never know. If Nintendo is going all out to rent out Tokyo Big Sight, then they much be willing to give quite a few games some attention.

Nope. Nintendo isn't like Sony when it comes to promoting third party games. They'll all get a quick trailer showing some of these third party games coming to Switch and that's about it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I think all these third party games will stay on PS (X box? ) so...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I would hope so, but you never know. If Nintendo is going all out to rent out Tokyo Big Sight, then they much be willing to give quite a few games some attention.

I hope so. My feeling tells me that will be focused on 1st party games and Japanese exclusives plus several key collaborations (Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Take Two). But maybe I'm wrong.

I think all these third party games will stay on PS (X box? ) so...

Marvel vs. Capcom was already announced for Xbone and Steam.

Peru

It's certainly the season for remasters, not only for Nintendo, looking at PSX. In the current climate might as well just go all out. F-Zero GX remaster etc.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope so. My feeling tells me that will be focused on 1st party games and Japanese exclusives plus several key collaborations (Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, Take Two). But maybe I'm wrong.

Marvel vs. Capcom was already announced for Xbone and Steam.

Yes
I just found curious that dev announce games at PSX and people revive this thread with "obvious" switch port begging premonitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom