• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any grips for when you have it in tablet mode? Playing Zelda and my right hand kind of cramps up (where the controllers are still connected) Kind of like the grips for the Vita?

I have found it happens to me when i dock it after putting it in sleep mode while in handheld mode. Only fix i have found is after i dock it turn it back on in tv mode and then re put it back into sleep mode its a hassle but its the only fix i have found.

Yeah, that's actually what I have been having to do. It still occurs from time to time though. Maybe my dock is defective? For what it is, I can't believe that thing is $89. I feels and looks janky as hell.

BizzyBum

Okay, so got my gooseneck holder to work and damn is it pretty amazing to lay down on the couch / bed and play. I know this was possible with the Wii U and obviously 3DS but with the holder I have the tablet floating in front of my face as I play with the wireless Pro Controller. So good. Zelda also looks better on the tablet than my gaming monitor. I played for a few hours too at around 50% screen brightness and battery was about 30% so not too shabby.

Two gripes though. I do kinda wish the tablet's screen was a bit bigger and the concept of playing with split joy cons sounds awesome but they are just way too small to play with comfortably. Thankfully the Pro Controller is wireless and has an incredible battery life. Once you get the Pro, I see no reason to use the joy cons.

So are photos you take lossy? Also parental controls are a super let down. You can set time limits based on days but not by users. Like what the fuck is the point if you can't set it individual to users?

ZZMitch

Finally was able to unpack my Switch after getting it in the mail this afternoon. I was struck by how hefty it felt and really love the pro controller. Really feels like an impressive piece of hardware (the Switch). I also enjoy going through the menus with the joy cons in each hand haha. Excited to get into Zelda after work tomorrow!

My dock seems a little bent like some have mentioned in the other thread which is a little unfortunate but I will see if I can do something about that. Wifi and everything works great and both my joycons worked flawlessly behind my back while in the kitchen a room away from the Switch so I guess that's not a problem for me lol

Really impressed so far!

Finally was able to unpack my Switch after getting it in the mail this afternoon. I was struck by how hefty it felt and really love the pro controller. Really feels like an impressive piece of hardware (the Switch). I also enjoy going through the menus with the joy cons in each hand haha. Excited to get into Zelda after work tomorrow!

My dock seems a little bent like some have mentioned in the other thread which is a little unfortunate but I will see if I can do something about that. Wifi and everything works great and both my joycons worked flawlessly behind my back while in the kitchen a room away from the Switch so I guess that's not a problem for me lol

Really impressed so far!

The build quality is great.

BossRush

So, my hands get sweaty when I play, and I try washing my hands vigorously before playing, but I still get sweat on my switch. Is there anyway I can prevent this? I'm worried it will affect the buttons down the line

Probably been answered already but dont want to search 105 pages so quick question. Do I need to format the MicroSD card before I put it in the Switch or can I just plop it in no problem?

_Clash_

So, my hands get sweaty when I play, and I try washing my hands vigorously before playing, but I still get sweat on my switch. Is there anyway I can prevent this? I'm worried it will affect the buttons down the line

Just own it.

Nintendo usually do alright at building a workhorse

or get a silicon cover

Pokemaniac

Probably been answered already but dont want to search 105 pages so quick question. Do I need to format the MicroSD card before I put it in the Switch or can I just plop it in no problem?

You probably don't need to format it. The Switch can handle formatting if it is necessary, though.

I am so happy that the Wii LAN Adapter also works with the Switch.

Best purchase I made back in 2008, didn't expect to also be able to use it on the Wii U and the Switch lol.

BizzyBum

I just put mine in with the system off but it probably doesn't even matter. The system will prompt you to do a system update in order to utilize the card.

mlclmtckr

Banned

Do you mean like the letters rubbing off? Because that won't happen; the letters go all the way through the face buttons. They're not painted on or anything, they're moulded into the plastic.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Anyone have a 4K Samsung KS8000? The hdmi input on the tv automatically changes to which ever console powers on. The Switch has been randomly kicking me off whatever hdmi input I am currently using while still being off/sleep mode. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Same tv same thing. Seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Anyone have a 4K Samsung KS8000? The hdmi input on the tv automatically changes to which ever console powers on. The Switch has been randomly kicking me off whatever hdmi input I am currently using while still being off/sleep mode. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Same thing is happening to me on my BenQ monitor. It shares an HDMI Switch with my laptop's HDMI out and in the middle of just browsing GAF, watching YouTube, or whatever I do on my laptop, it will occasionally butt in briefly. Sometimes results in a YouTube playback error that crashes the video, too. :/

Quite annoying. Turned the feature off on my monitor so it doesn't interrupt my PS4 (which has its own separate HDMI port on the monitor), but my HDMI switch can't turn auto switching off, so it still interrupts my laptop.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Silly question but how do you turn the system completely off while the Switch is docked? I know how to turn it off when using it out of the dock but when I place the turned off(completely off, not in sleep mode) Switch in the dock it automatically starts up. I then try and power it completely off but I cannot move the cursor so my only option is to put it in sleep mode. Hopefully I'm making a little sense, its been a bit annoying.

1. Dock the system.
2. Detach the right Joycon (or both, but you can fully control the menu with just the right one).
3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
4. Select "Power Off".

(Yeah, it's stupid that it wakes up if you dock it when turned off. If I explicitly pick the OFF option that obviously means I want it to stay off.)

BTW, the system does not charge the Joycon when turned off, it needs to be on or in sleep mode.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I just received the carry case and it's really nice. It has also a stand inside which I didn't know about and it's fitting perfectly.

TheJoRu

Has anyone else the problem that one of the analog sticks on the Joy-Con is looser than the other? My right stick feels considerably easier to move around while the left is more stiff (which I like better).

Is it common to get this differentiation? Can't say I've experienced this on other dual-stick controllers I've had in the past.

Kudo

So are photos you take lossy? Also parental controls are a super let down. You can set time limits based on days but not by users. Like what the fuck is the point if you can't set it individual to users?

At least in Zelda the photos you take are 1 280px × 720px lossy .JPGs, really grainy quality.

The controls ruin it. Even in singleplayer the controls are sloppy, laggy, and sap the fun out of the game.

Controls have input delay even offline. Online is usually unplayable due to lag. Might get patched though.

Shit that sucks. I could live with bad online since I mainly wanted it for local play, but delay even offline is... well ): Meh, I might still get it, but that's not cool.

At least in Zelda the photos you take are 1 280px × 720px lossy .JPGs, really grainy quality.

Ew so even worse than PS4's? Same as Miiverse?

Kudo

Ew so even worse than PS4's? Same as Miiverse?

Yeah, actually worse than PS4's initial .JPG option, they updated .PNG few months back so here's hoping they'll do that here too.

Image straight uploaded to Imgur, leaving it as link as it's NPC from Zelda Main Quest line, minor one but don't want to spoil anyone if someone cares that much:
http://i.imgur.com/rfdqcPF.jpg
As you can see the quality is pretty bad, lots of artifacts. I checked that the filesize didn't change during upload.

Black Storm

Neo Member
I know it's stupid question, but it's really important

I got multi travel adapter, the voltage is 110~250v , my Switch is the US version and the AC adapter with the console is 100~240v

is this gonna work if I plug the US Switch AC adapter in the travel plug that I had?

Bendo

I know it's stupid question, but it's really important

I got multi travel adapter, the voltage is 110~250v , my Switch is the US version and the AC adapter with the console is 100~240v

is this gonna work if I plug the US Switch AC adapter in the travel plug that I had?

By travel adapter do you mean voltage converter or plug adapter? You can plug the Switch power adapter into any outlet it will fit into since it's 110-240v, so all you really need is a plug adapter for whichever country you go to.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ummmmm I'm kinda annoyed with the eShop right now.

My Nintendo account is tied to Belgium, which is where I live and I prefer my system language to be English. However when I access the eShop it defaults to French without an option to change it... Am I doing something wrong? If I put my Switch to Dutch, the eShop is Dutch. Any other language, it defaults to French. What? This is frustrating.

You're doing nothing wrong, it's like that for everyone. If you like your system language English, you get a French shop (in Belgium). It's unfortunate but I can deal with it. It's better than the alternative: setting system language to Dutch and getting Dutch subs in Zelda. I need/want everything in English.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You're doing nothing wrong, it's like that for everyone. If you like your system language English, you get a French shop (in Belgium). It's unfortunate but I can deal with it. It's better than the alternative: setting system language to Dutch and getting Dutch subs in Zelda. I need/want everything in English.

I'm pretty happy to be living in a country Nintendo doesn't care enough about to translate anything (Sweden), so everything is simply in English.

tsumineko

We've come so far in such a short time...

yFAOUjMh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom