• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercutio

No, but the Wii U Pro Controller is a good controller in it's own right.

I actually had a major issue with my particular copy of that controller. The down directional sometimes activated the left and right direction, and I couldn't figure out why, even after taking it apart.

Did anyone else ever have that problem?

linkboy

I actually had a major issue with my particular copy of that controller. The down directional sometimes activated the left and right direction, and I couldn't figure out why, even after taking it apart.

Did anyone else ever have that problem?

I've never had that issue with either of the two I own (and I use them as much as I can since I hate the gamepad with a passion, and I use them on my Shield TV and laptop as well).

Coda

Just tried playing Blaster Master Zero with my Pro controller with the system docked and it looks like it doesn't support it yet. :(

OmahaG8

To anyone with the RDS case - can you provide your own insight?

Case is great - the sewing around the zipper is a little uneven. Not a huge deal - I'm just that kind of person who notices these things.

Poppyseed

Random thought: Anyone else notice that the JoyCon (both) rumble just for a millisecond when you wake the system from sleep?

Wonder why...

Hawk269

Anyone have their Switch connected Wired? If so, what Lan to USB adapter did you use? While my Switch is 1 foot away, I get full bars for connection on my 5g signal, but the diagnosis only is reporting a download speed of about 8-10 while my Xbox One, PC show 200+ download speed.

Dartastic

I read somewhere that you can make a profile a default so you don't get asked each time you boot up a game. Where do you get that option? Also, for those who have purchased games from other regions, have any of you deleted the account that you purchased the game from?

gkryhewy

I read somewhere that you can make a profile a default so you don't get asked each time you boot up a game. Where do you get that option? Also, for those who have purchased games from other regions, have any of you deleted the account that you purchased the game from?

I did- deleted the mexican account after buying shovel knight, which resulted in the game no longer launching. So I re-added the account, and all was well.

Anyone have their Switch connected Wired? If so, what Lan to USB adapter did you use? While my Switch is 1 foot away, I get full bars for connection on my 5g signal, but the diagnosis only is reporting a download speed of about 8-10 while my Xbox One, PC show 200+ download speed.

I bought the following on Saturday and got it on Sunday. It works.
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Gigabit-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B00MYTSN18/ref=pd_ybh_a_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ENTRM8VVXXDQQ23MMD8F

linkboy

It's under users, turn skip selection on.

Deleting the other account will prevent any games you purchased from working.

SiDCrAzY

Really loving my Switch, I'm actually shocked at how much I love it. I haven't really liked a Nintendo system since the original DS. I already liked my Vita, but this has the potential to be so much more.

untitled-1765d6sgw.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I cannot get enough Breath of the Wild. I am absolutely in love with the build of the tablet. I also have found that I am not bothered at all by the grip that comes with the system.

Bakkus

I'm so glad I bought the Pro Controller. This original pack in one is so embarrassingly shit, it actually makes me quite sickened that lots of family households will never play it any other way.

These joycons seem like they should be charged by now. The bars have been full for a long time, but in green, and with a lightning bolt next to them, though the system finished charging long ago.

me0wish

Loving my Switch, but I don't understand the deal with the Wi-Fi, why is it so bad? It's really annoying.

I can also see the left joycon connection problems can be an issue for some, but thankfully, it isn't an issue for me right now.

I can't figure out exactly why, but goddamn I love the sticks on the Pro Controller so much. They just feel so good for some reason.

Perfect height, perfect amount of resistance.

The X1 controller has been my favorite up to this point and I'm shocked that the Pro controller has surpassed it. I thought I'd play my Switch mostly in handheld mode, but the comfort of the Pro controller has single-handedly made me play more in docked mode then I originally anticipated.

Its just so. Damn. Good.

Persona7

Banned
I haven't been keeping up but which screen protector is the best? I had a premium hori protector but sent it back to amazon before I even opened it. I won't be docking my Switch often and if I do it will be with a extension cable in the hori play stand.

Dartastic

I just created another account, it won't let you use that option if you have more then one account credit (which kinda makes sense if you think about it).
Eh, it feels like you should be able to designate a default account to skip all that nonsense.

It still sucks that you can't remove stories from the news feed from other regions. I don't know why but it bothers me having the Japanese on the lock screen.

This annoys the crap out of me. I removed the JP account because of it, so I'm hoping that as more US news filters in, then JP news will be pushed out and won't repopulate.

TheFuzz

Is it normal for one or both joycons to have a slight 'play' when docked to the tablet? I wouldn't say it's a wiggle, but if I apply pressure there is a tiny bit of give. I think it was designed to prevent breaks but anyone else have any insight?

It doesn't wobble or anything, just something I noticed when picking it up a certain way.

Durock

Need some help guys. Friend just picked up his Switch and can't get it to connect to the TV. He has a Samsung Smart TV. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! :)

jb1234

Just got mine and I already HATE the controller, either used as a portable or in the group. The buttons are too small for my hands. I feel trapped by it.

(And I can't afford the Pro controller right now. :()

Caelus

Anyone know how to connect to a Wi-Fi network that requires both username and password? The Switch UI just asks for a password.

Arkage

Banned
Sorry for asking but I don't feel like digging through this giant thread. Is anybody else having issues with the WiFi? Specifically, when I have it docked it eventually disconnects during sleep mode, and refuses to connect again when I start it up until I restart the system, requiring me to physically remove it from the dock since Nintendo, in it's wisdom, decided to not give you the option to restart when docked. Any comments or solutions?

Just got mine and I already HATE the controller, either used as a portable or in the group. The buttons are too small for my hands. I feel trapped by it.

(And I can't afford the Pro controller right now. :()

I guess I have big hands but Jesus those tiny controllers suck, especially the right one. Pro is worth it.

duckroll

Need some help guys. Friend just picked up his Switch and can't get it to connect to the TV. He has a Samsung Smart TV. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! :)

That's kinda vague. What's the problem? You just plug the Dock in, and erm.... put the Switch on it.

Sorry for asking but I don't feel like digging through this giant thread. Is anybody else having issues with the WiFi? Specifically, when I have it docked it eventually disconnects during sleep mode, and refuses to connect again when I start it up until I restart the system, requiring me to physically remove it from the dock since Nintendo, in it's wisdom, decided to not give you the option to restart when docked. Any comments or solutions?

WiFi quality is spotty in general. If you are using 5Ghz, it's really, really, really bad, even in the same room, in my experience. 2.4Ghz seems to be actually usable, but it's not a great signal either.

Having the same problem :/

Kyzer

Banned
I honestly really fucking love this system.

I started having joycon connectivity issues while playing zelda though 😐 major latency and sometimes missing inputs. Faded in and out a couple times. That and potential scratches from docking have me a little nervous

But I still love the system anyways. Big fan of the hardware and UI, and have faith that Nintendo will flesh it out further. Zelda and the switch both feel so much more "modern" than past nintendo output

TheFuzz

Is it normal for one or both joycons to have a slight 'play' when docked to the tablet? I wouldn't say it's a wiggle, but if I apply pressure there is a tiny bit of give. I think it was designed to prevent breaks but anyone else have any insight?

It doesn't wobble or anything, just something I noticed when picking it up a certain way.

Anyone at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom