• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for one or both joycons to have a slight 'play' when docked to the tablet? I wouldn't say it's a wiggle, but if I apply pressure there is a tiny bit of give. I think it was designed to prevent breaks but anyone else have any insight?

It doesn't wobble or anything, just something I noticed when picking it up a certain way.

Mine will flex backwards a bit when i am holding it.

TheFuzz

Mine fit snug and are not loose, but if I try I can get them to wiggle some. However, if I just hold tablet and shake It, the joy cons are not loose enough to rattle on their own.

I've done nothing but set-up, downloading, and charging (joy-cons have been charging for hours even though they appeared to be 3/4 out of the box?), but I definitely feel a little bit of flex on the joy-cons. I assume that's fairly normal.

Thanks guys, that's more of what I was thinking people might say as well. Just a check. New-console-paranoia perhaps.

Anyone at all?

Mine doesn't have any give at all. I was actually shaking the system by the joycons to show a coworker how sturdy it is.

I did notice when I first put it together out of the box that my left joycon is slightly uneven with the switch itself, compared to the right one which is perfectly flush. It has started to bother me quite a bit, since I can feel it while holding it naturally.

Nintendo is actively discouraging headsets when docked. No jacks on Joycons or Pro Controller. No bluetooth support. Voice chat on smartphone. They MUST be different! Unique Selling Point! Rofl.

This is fucking dumb. I use headsets on all my systems at night so as not to wake my daughter. I'm sure Nintendo saved a dollar a unit removing it though so I'm glad they had a few hundred thousand more in the bank!

Zim

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the last 100 pages but anyone having issues trying to transfer their Mii from the WiiU to Switch?? The owner (me) shows up with the amiibo on WiiU and n3DS, but says "There is no Mii registered to this amiibo" on the Switch. Anyway around this issue??

Durock

Thanks all for the response! Turns out the Switch itself won't charge for some reason. First Nintendo console he's purchased since the Wii first released in 06. Not a good start.

Silly question but how do you turn the system completely off while the Switch is docked? I know how to turn it off when using it out of the dock but when I place the turned off(completely off, not in sleep mode) Switch in the dock it automatically starts up. I then try and power it completely off but I cannot move the cursor so my only option is to put it in sleep mode. Hopefully I'm making a little sense, its been a bit annoying.

bumpkin

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere in the last 100 pages but anyone having issues trying to transfer their Mii from the WiiU to Switch?? The owner (me) shows up with the amiibo on WiiU and n3DS, but says "There is no Mii registered to this amiibo" on the Switch. Anyway around this issue??
I did the transfer using an amiibo with no issues whatsoever. Are you absolutely positive that you registered the Mii you want brought over as the Creator on your Wii U or N3DS first? I followed this video and the process worked flawlessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxvtCpCHIg&t=180s

Zim

I did the transfer using an amiibo with no issues whatsoever. Are you absolutely positive that you registered the Mii you want brought over as the Creator on your Wii U or N3DS first? I followed this video and the process worked flawlessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxvtCpCHIg&t=180s
lol I watched that video right before posting in here. Not workin for me ):

Edit!!: Interesting, I had to erase the amiibo data. Set it up again, and it transferred flawlessly. Success!!

Ursn

I played Zelda in table top mode while getting a haircut today. It was great. I've never had joycon connectivity issues either.

OmahaG8

I read the thread and I see I'm not the only one with the problem, but good god, the volume with my earbuds on this thing is embarrassingly low. Even with the set from my PS VR, which is great for the VR headset, is almost half the max volume I would expect any device to be.

Persona7

Banned
I read the thread and I see I'm not the only one with the problem, but good god, the volume with my earbuds on this thing is embarrassingly low. Even with the set from my PS VR, which is great for the VR headset, is almost half the max volume I would expect any device to be.

Yeah, it sucks. Same thing with the 3DS. I just use the speakers because they are louder.

fionel

The connectivity between the tablet and the docking station was iffy for me last night. It wouldn't charge the console unless I tilt the docking station at a certain angle. After fiddling around with it a bit it seems to be ok again when I let the docking station sit flat on my shelf. Anyone having this problem? Hoping it was a one-off thing...

Edit!!: Interesting, I had to erase the amiibo data. Set it up again, and it transferred flawlessly. Success!!

What'd you do exactly? I had the same problem. Just rebuilt mine on the switch.

Now he looks weird.

Cyanity

Banned
The connectivity between the tablet and the docking station was iffy for me last night. It wouldn't charge the console unless I tilt the docking station at a certain angle. After fiddling around with it a bit it seems to be ok again when I let the docking station sit flat on my shelf. Anyone having this problem? Hoping it was a one-off thing...

...is your room level?

rec0ded1

Same problem and I erased the amiibo data and redid the process, didn't work for me.

Just wondering has Nintendo got all their devs working on switch, or are they split with the 3DS? I thought that was the point of the switch.

daxy

I really wish there were a setting to prevent the Switch from waking up from sleep when you take it out of the dock

Turning it off would do that.

Just wondering has Nintendo got all their devs working on switch, or are they split with the 3DS? I thought that was the point of the switch.

There have been some statements made to the effect that they are still going to be developing for the 3DS and don't intend to merge development. We'll see how that changes in a year or so.

Amazon finally delivered it today and I've been playing Zelda for a few hours. I'm really liking it so far. As long as Nintendo can get some good software on it, this thing is going to be a hit. This is what the Wii U should have been.

I found a lone Pro Controller at Meijer today and scooped it up, and I must say it's a great controller, I was totally happy with the joy-cons in the grip but this brings it to a whole other level.

I'm trying to figure out the details of how the Switch's account system/digital licenses work, in hopes of making a thread compiling all of it, and I need the help of another Switch owner. If anyone's willing to help me out, PM me. Thanks!

So whats looking like the go to carry case? Looking at amazon almost all the cases seem to be sold out for a very long time. Want to take it to Pax East this weekend but not sure if I should without a case.

Why? Just curious.

Usually the Switch wakes up due to me accidentally slightly raising the Switch out of the dock while trying to remove the joycons, and it'll get really confused about controller sync in the half-removed controllers state. Almost always I have to resync the controllers as a result and about half the time some weird shit happens where it doesn't Just Work

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'll just casually repost my question...

Is it normal for the Switch to stop playing audio on the main menu if you don't do anything for a little while? In docked mode, if I stop fiddling with the controls for like a second, when I start navigating the menu again, it takes like 3 seconds for audio to start playing again. A little concerned my shit is fucked, but who knows.

It's kinda inconsistent as to when it does it, but it almost seems like an HDMI handshake issue... which, given how shitty HDMI tends to be, wouldn't surprise me.

Anyone have a 4K Samsung KS8000? The hdmi input on the tv automatically changes to which ever console powers on. The Switch has been randomly kicking me off whatever hdmi input I am currently using while still being off/sleep mode. Anyone else have a problem with this?

Do it Blizz. Do it now.

Actually kinda surprised they didn't have Hearthstone ready at launch.
Did I miss some news that Blizzard is even aware of the Switch's existence? Because if you're surprised that any Blizzard software would appear on modern Nintendo hardware then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Anyone have a 4K Samsung KS8000? The hdmi input on the tv automatically changes to which ever console powers on. The Switch has been randomly kicking me off whatever hdmi input I am currently using while still being off/sleep mode. Anyone else have a problem with this?

I have found it happens to me when i dock it after putting it in sleep mode while in handheld mode. Only fix i have found is after i dock it turn it back on in tv mode and then re put it back into sleep mode its a hassle but its the only fix i have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom