• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered mine on Play-Asia, didn't arrive yet but I never had any problem with them.

A bunch of GAFers ordered theirs on Amazon.jp as well, so that's a case of 'it's your choice because both are solid.''.

I wouldnt order from play asia.

Still remember the psp release. My psp came with 15 dead pixels and there was nothing they could do. Not to mention I payed a much higher price than the retail

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Thanks, that mean I wasted 5 hours for nothing, because it was turned off!

Yep, I did the same the first time one of my Joycon was giving my low battery warnings. Thought it would charge with the Switch turned off, left it like that overnight, and came back the next day to a still uncharged controller.

Thanks, that mean I wasted 5 hours for nothing, because it was turned off!

Yep, I did the same the first time one of my Joycon was giving my low battery warnings. Thought it would charge with the Switch turned off, left it like that overnight, and came back the next day to a still uncharged controller.

Every other console works the same way though, not sure why you guys expected Switch to behave differently?

Zero148

I have a question, is there some magic trick involved in opening the kickstand? I can't open it, not even using my keys (I'm onle damaging the plasic -.-).

Anybody else with the same problem? Any tipps are really appreciated, I can't use my 200GB SD card this way...

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Every other console works the same way though, not sure why you guys expected Switch to behave differently?

I guess I just sort of assumed that since the Switch itself is charged while turned off and docked (wait, is it?) it would also charge any attached Joycon.

XgorreKrusadeX

Neo Member
Doesnt beat the Wii U cover!

ZELDA-WII_20U_original.jpg

The Switch is crazy expensive here in Sweden compared to other nations. $410 (incl sales tax) €388 or £333.

So no thanks for a console with 1 viable game with that price tag. :) $442 for Switch, Zelda bundle that some store chain runs with.

Here in colombia, South America, Switch costs $568. If you think $410 is expensive, now wonder $568 in a country with waaaayyy less minumum wage than yours. Don´t know what´s exactly wrong with Nintendo in Latin America, that they don´t distribute directly their products on this region.

Here in colombia, South America, Switch costs $568. If you think $410 is expensive, now wonder $568 in a country with waaaayyy less minumum wage than yours. Don´t know what´s exactly wrong with Nintendo in Latin America, that they don´t distribute directly their products on this region.

Hey

Atleast you get to enjoy higher salary. Here in sweden, the national average salary is only 2700 euros a month

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Yes you are right, however the pro controller is actually charging while the system turned off, and the tablet itself, only the Joy Con's not charging

The Switch dock doesn't really have an "on" or "off" option though, it's always piping power out to the USB connections.

Black Storm

Neo Member
The Switch dock doesn't really have an "on" or "off" option though, it's always piping power out to the USB connections.
And that's one of the console advantages, because I don't have to put the console in sleep mode in order to charge the tablet or the pro controller, I can't say the same for the Joy Con, but l would play using the pro controller more than using Joy Con

btw, who else think that the Switch pro controller is one of the best controller's in consoles history, very high quality and very comfortable, I prefer it over the rest of this generation controller's.

Seik

Banned
I wouldnt order from play asia.

Still remember the psp release. My psp came with 15 dead pixels and there was nothing they could do. Not to mention I payed a much higher price than the retail

Damn, yeah, I only bought games there, no hardware.

I didn't know their return policy was bad though, thanks for the info.

EDIT: Also, grats on the lottery! :D

JGCD

Neo Member
Recall how they have those phone "holder" for like a DS4 so you could play emulators or games with a full controller? The switch joycons work well for me but I wonder if anyone will make a attachment like that for the pro controller (so it can hold a switch that has no joycons attach)

Yikes! Well that just ain't gonna fly, is it?

How are you guys shelving or displaying your Switch cases? Anything cool or fancy? Don't care that they sink into the shelf space further than DVD/Blu-rays?

You can only have your account active on one Switch. Once you activate your account on your second Switch you have to deactive your account on your daughters Switch with the result that any downloaded games tied to your account are no longer playable.

10-4, thanks for the reply. So I'll keep my simple (Dad) profile on my daughters and Link my Nintendo account to my future switch, just to keep it simple.

Kudo

How are you guys shelving or displaying your Switch cases? Anything cool or fancy? Don't care that they sink into the shelf space further than DVD/Blu-rays?

Wish I had enough shelf space to even display my games, they're currently just behind other stuff and The Last Guardian collectors ed is suffering the sentence under my bed.
If I do get more space in future I'd prolly just put each platform on their own shelf so it doesn't look too weird.

Mine are on a seperate shelf that doesn't have any bigger cases on it, so it doesn't look weird at all.

corin7

Neo Member
I ordered mine on Play-Asia, didn't arrive yet but I never had any problem with them.

A bunch of GAFers ordered theirs on Amazon.jp as well, so that's a case of 'it's your choice because both are solid.''.

Lol turned out to be a non-issue everyone is sold out.

killroy87

That screen scratching thread is long as fuck. Does anyone have a read on how many people are actually effected? Is it just a case of hundreds of people being paranoid from one anomaly, or is is actually recurring?

Symphonic

General consensus for best graphics out of the launch games? Fast RMX? Not counting Zelda because it takes a hit from being open world (still looks beautiful tho, cel shading is the way to go).

That screen scratching thread is long as fuck. Does anyone have a read on how many people are actually effected? Is it just a case of hundreds of people being paranoid from one anomaly, or is is actually recurring?

The thread gives me bend-gate vibes from iPhone 6.

I can't wait for a Monster Hunter on the Switch. Kind of hope we get a Dark Souls type of game too. Playing Zelda and being able to put the game into sleep and pick it up at work, then at home, all without having to reload or whatever is awesome.

Monster Hunter will be amazing on the Switch.

No idea on how many people are actually affected there. Sites like this make that really hard to judge. That being said, I've hopped in there a time or two and the vast majority of posts were people being paranoid. I only saw one or two instances of people who were affected and the rest were just people trying to guard against it.

vsbizarro

Banned

Man, this caue u didnt see in Brazil, its costing almost $800.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

Less than 1%, if were to guess. It's a lot of paranoia more than anything. If scratching was a serious issue you'd hear about it more widely reported than a NeoGAF thread.

Otnopolit

Be warned,

when sleeping/power down my Switch, I've been leveraging to hit the power button by pushing it down with my left hand on the left joycon, and I think I've weakened the locking mechanism. Now it can move up a couple of mm, but with enough force it'll come completely off. Upset that it took a week of use to loosen it. Anybody have a similar happening?

_DrMario_

So I just picked up my switch from the post office. It's a really nice piece of tech. I don't have any dead pixels on the screen so that's good. Everything feels like it's built pretty well, except for the stand. What a piece of crap that thing is. Why the hell is the tablet so wobbly when in the dock? Mine is bent a little bit inwards but honestly I really don't care if the bezel get's scratched a little bit. It's going to be staying in there 90% of the time anyway.

I played about 20 minutes of Zelda with the Joy-Cons detached and it felt OK. I have small hands and for once that's actually helpful. I'm going to try it for about a couple of hours and then decide if I want a Pro controller. Connection wise I have no issues (sitting about 9 feet away). The Joy-Cons work fine even behind my leg or if I cover them up with one hand.

WiFi is full bars but the router is only one room away and it's a pretty good one (ASUS Dark Knight).

Overall I don't regret my decision to buy it at launch and I'm looking forward to playing Arms and Splatoon 2 in the near future.

//DEVIL//

Ok i have a question and i really need help in this as I do not think it's worth a new thread.

I have a 64gig sd card. Iput it kn the switch and it recognized it. Updated the firmware and everything. It reads it. But i cant download to the sd card. I was trying to download this demo available ( only demo from this silly game i forgot what its called that cut to match shapes etc) . It starts to download. When it reach the end, i get a flashing x and i get an error

I dont have another sd card but this is kinda annoying

Can anyone confirm for me Metal Slug 3 on Switch isn't censored milk blood rubbish?

There is an option to enable blood on the English side of the game. I had an instance where it didn't stick upon starting the game back up (it's supposed to save settings) so you might have to restart to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom