• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else's right joycon a bit wobbly when attached to the tablet?

Like, if I hold the switch by the left side it's completely stable but if I noticed when holding it by the right side I could feel the joycon moving ever so slightly. So after testing things more it does seem like the right side one is just ever so.. wobbly? It's not terrible but a little weird that it's only on the right side. Anyone know if this is normal? I have the Neon.

Also, has anyone felt the joysticks doing a weird clicky thing? Can't really explain it but my right one has like this weird sticky clicky feeling to it sometimes when moving it. I can almost perfectly replicate it if I put my thumb over it and move it very gently from left to right or vice versa just a little bit.

Probably nothing horrible but thought Id' report/inquire about it.
This looks like you copy pasted my post from a week ago tbh

Same issue here

What's a reliable MicroSD card that people are going with?

I'd be going for a 128GB one and a lot are either out of stock or going for a lot more than normal (gotta love price gougers)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I'd be going for a 128GB one and a lot are either out of stock or going for a lot more than normal (gotta love price gougers)

Curious about if you can buy a smaller card and switch to a larger card later without much issue? I have a 64GB card sitting around that I want to use until bigger capacities go on sale.

got a question..really strange thing just happened..so I turned on my Switch(Using the pro controller, maybe it wasn't synced right to the console who knows) I wanted to format my microsd card that I just got..so right when the switch turned on, every few seconds, the screen would go black, back and forth that kept on happening I thought maybe the HDMI cable was messed up..so I formatted the card, which asked for an update before doing that..and I turned off the console after wards, rebooted, and I synced the controller again thinking that was the problem and all seems fine now.not sure what happened I have a KS8000 TV just want to make sure its not the console itself that is the problem
When I say the screen goes black..I mean the TV screen Im using the switch on dock mode

I know that Digital Foundry spoke about how great the implementation was in RMX but to me it just feels like a pretty crappy buzz. Right now I'd rather take normal rumble over that.
No offense to DF bit they were basically just regurgitating a press release. Sure, generating the HD rumble frequencies from the sound effects sounds cool, but it's not like they're letting us feel the height of bumps on the track.

killroy87

Anyone else in the "I don't know if I have Joycon connection issues because I've never used it wirelessly" camp?

I bought a Pro Controller at launch, and while I've used the Switch in handheld mode quite a bit, I've never had the need to take the joycons out.

It may or may not be a rude awakening when I finally want to play some SNipperclips or something, and I get connection issues haha

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Really loving my Switch a week plus from launch. Only issue I get is the input switching when docked in sleep mode as I just have an HDMI auto switcher on my gaming TV. I just undock when I want to use something else on that switcher (PS4, PC and Apple TV, TiVo is hooked up to the other HDMI port on the TV) so it's only a mild annoyance.

I really like the pro controller. Glad I got one as the joycons on grip are too cramped for me and I wasn't a fan of the small clicky buttons or the buttons being above the stick. Perfectly serviceable, and fine in portable mode, but Pro controller is much better for long sessions IMO.

jonno394

I knew I probably couldn't but I Just tried earning Gold Nintendo points with my I am Setsuna card, suffice to say I couldn't.'

Are games only going to be added to the store every Thursday???

I need more games dammit.

Binding of Isaac will be added this coming week, outside of that i'm not sure.

Hitmeneer

After a week of using the Switch in handheld mode I wanted to try docked mode, but I don't get a signal. My main TV sees that something is connected to the HDMI but doesnt receive the signal (or to weak?). I tried it on my monitor and an old mini HDTV, but those both worked. Anyone got a clue what it might be with my main TV?

Self-quote. No one? I also tried to put the Switch output forced to 720p and limited RBG, but still my TV still does not register a signal. I have a Samsung UE32D4003bw.

OmahaG8

Alright, so - do I have this right concerning the dock light?

Dock light turns on for brief period when docking Switch to show it is charging, but turns off if you're not outputting to TV, but remains charging with light off?

Dock light turns on and stays on when outputting to TV (while obviously continuing to charge)?

Or is the dock light supposed to stay on when the dock is charging regardless of TV output?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
A while ago someone posted that the WiiU gamepad cradle is a good option for a Switch stand, but then I saw something else lying around that also came in that box, the smaller stand that doesn't have a plug:

71pQBbXfwyL._SL1500_.jpg

Chances are you never even took this out of the box, so it could be still in there. I just tried it and it's a perfect fit, so you can keep the bigger cradle for the WiiU pad.

SteveWD40

Considering picking one up assuming I can get one in the coming weeks (UK), but just wondering:

- Has there been any word on an ETA for the VC / Online app?

- Do we think cloud saves might come with said app / online? I know it's been hinted at (and it's shocking for a handheld with deep games to have none).

- Is the e-shop now using more of an account system? not tied to the hardware?

Theswweet

Considering picking one up assuming I can get one in the coming weeks (UK), but just wondering:

- Has there been any word on an ETA for the VC / Online app?

- Do we think cloud saves might come with said app / online? I know it's been hinted at (and it's shocking for a handheld with deep games to have none).

- Is the e-shop now using more of an account system? not tied to the hardware?

Summer (I actually reported this a few days ago, after noticing the info in a Japanese news update in the system's news app)‚ your guess is as good as ours, and yeah it's an account system.

SiDCrAzY

My right joy con is a bit creaky in handheld mode. Still works, but still disappointing. I might check with Nintendo if they can replace just the right one.

So update on my right joy con problem, I contacted Amazon to see if I could just return my right joy con and not my whole Switch for a replacement and Amazon is sending me a free right joy con replacement and I don't even have to send my creaky wobbly one back.

I'm really happy since my right joy con feels even worse now than it was a couple of days ago. I felt like it disconnected once on me while swimming in Zelda, but I haven't been able to replicate it. Thank you Amazon :)

crazyprac

Don't know if this right place to ask or have been answered.

Any info on those gel covers for the joycons? I just saw them as preorder on Amazon while browsing. Bought one because I feel the cons feel kinda cheap compared to the console itself.

goldenpp72

They were saying it looks like shit and has an audio delay in the Neo Geo thread. Patch is on the way, allegedly.

Totally sucks as I was gonna buy a few of them.

This is what it looks like

C6v1HrqVsAAEdge.jpg:large

This is what it is supposed to look like

metal-slug-3-b.jpg

Though on my laptop screen, it seems darker, rather than too bright, but still washed out.

sugarless

Anyone else in the "I don't know if I have Joycon connection issues because I've never used it wirelessly" camp?

I bought a Pro Controller at launch, and while I've used the Switch in handheld mode quite a bit, I've never had the need to take the joycons out.

It may or may not be a rude awakening when I finally want to play some SNipperclips or something, and I get connection issues haha

I am more or less in the same camp but I also have Snipperclips. And I did get one moment during that when the Joy-Con I was using (left) was unresponsive. My partner and I completed puzzle mode though which took a few hours and this only happened once during one of the play sessions. I have a router by the sofa, but I wasn't particularly blocking between the controller and the TV with any part of my body. I don't have an aquarium.

jrcbandit

I got this one off Amazon and seems reliable so far and load times are good. I paid $42 for it nearly a year ago, has MicroSD prices not gone down or did they raise because of the Switch lol?

About the Joycon disconnect issues - it works fine behind my back at 12 feet, and it has never disconnected from me while playing Zelda at ~5-6 ft over many hours with me purposefully blocking line of sight with my knees. Just seems weird that the left joycon can be so flaky for some people and not cause any problems for others (knock on wood).

gdt

Quick question.

I know there's a mega thread around, but I just need quick info on what kind of charging cable to buy. Anything with USB c is ok? Will a USB c to regular USB adapter work (to plug that into a phone wall charger thing)?

Can I get these like at RadioShack or GameStop or something.

Jerm411

This console and more importantly, Nintendo again, have taken over my gaming life.

The Switch is so well done and I'm obsessed with Zelda...Shovel Knight on the Switch is the best it's ever been IMO and Snipperclips is a blast to play with my wife, daughter, and other family.

Binding of Isaac drops this week and I CANNOT wait to jump back into it..MK8 Deluxe is right around the corner too.

I haven't touched Horizon in days....don't even have the urge to turn my PS4 on. Persona and Mass Effect, etc. are hitting soon....and I could really care less.

The Nintendo rabbit hole has captured me yet again.....

Is the Switch wifi range horrible for everyone or just me?

It's the same distance as all my other consoles but it constantly doesn't have connection until I walk it to the room with the router.

cyba89

A while ago someone posted that the WiiU gamepad cradle is a good option for a Switch stand, but then I saw something else lying around that also came in that box, the smaller stand that doesn't have a plug:

Chances are you never even took this out of the box, so it could be still in there. I just tried it and it's a perfect fit, so you can keep the bigger cradle for the WiiU pad.

Remember that Kid Icarus Uprising stand you probably never used?
It works as a Switch stand too and you can even charge the Switch while playing.

sleepnaught

Is the Switch wifi range horrible for everyone or just me?

It's the same distance as all my other consoles but it constantly doesn't have connection until I walk it to the room with the router.

Same with me on 2.4ghz. I've honestly never seen a wireless device with such poor wifi reception before tbh. I love the Switch, but its unacceptable how bad the reception is. I'll have to take my Switch to the same room as the router just to check the eShop or News.

Mr Swine

Banned
So guys, are there any games coming out now for Switch during March and April other than Mario Kart 8? Or will Nintendo wait for E3 to announce tons of games for it?

Theswweet

So guys, are there any games coming out now for Switch during March and April other than Mario Kart 8? Or will Nintendo wait for E3 to announce tons of games for it?

Just indies until the end of next month, really. I'm hoping we get a new Nintendo direct sometime this month for more information on VC, maybe something for ARMS too?

jonno394

There's a handful between now and end of April:

Retail:

Binding of Isaac
Has Been Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
Puyo Puyo Tetris

Digital:

Snake Pass
Pocket Rumble
Wonder boy: the dragons trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Mr Shifty

May have missed a couple.

I'll be buying 6-8 of these. Most of them at launch.

Was wondering..is it better to have the console(When docked since mine is always docked) on sleep mode or powered off completely..I have both my pro controller and joycons both paired with the console. I notice if I turn on the console using the pro controller..when I go to controller setting it only shows the pro controller..is that how it works..if I use the joycons to turn it on that is what will appear and vise versa. I guess Im a always powered off kind of gal when Im not playing a game but if its better to keep it on sleep mode that is what I will do just dont want it to overheat

Mr Swine

Banned
Just indies until the end of next month, really. I'm hoping we get a new Nintendo direct sometime this month for more information on VC, maybe something for ARMS too?

There's a handful between now and end of April:

Retail:

Binding of Isaac
Has Been Heroes
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart 8
Puyo Puyo Tetris

Digital:

Snake Pass
Pocket Rumble
Wonder boy: the dragons trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Mr Shifty

May have missed a couple.

I'll be buying 6-8 of these. Most of them at launch.

Thanks, a few games look interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom