• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waji

Yeah, this is a Japanese copy I bought on Play-Asia and I got the custom cover on reddit and ThatsMyTrunks made me a printable format. I just reuploaded it on Abload, so I don't know if it'll keep the same format, but I printed the original file in 8 X 10 and it came out perfect.

And yep, it plays on NA Switch and it's in English. :)
Why do you need to change the cover art ? Is the Japanese one ugly or something ?

mcfly1955

Neo Member
What been the turn around time to sending in and getting back the left joycons for repair? Gotta send 2 of mine in.

Sent in Saturday and got back the next Friday in my case...This was 2 weeks ago.

It also sat at my local UPS store for 2 days before moving, so I bet 3-4 business days is possible.

Superrandy

Neo Member
Anyone run into this problem... bought a pro controller and it will not pair unless the Switch is undocked. If I dock the Switch I can sometimes get it to pair for maybe 2 seconds and it immediately loses connection. At first I thought it was a bad controller so I bought another one, same issue.

It does this whether I am wireless or if I plug in via USB. Is my Switch busted? Sounds like the bluetooth is completely shit.

Chindogg

Anyone know how to shrink the tiles in the OS to add more rows? I've seen pics but no instructions. Unless I'm not seeing something I wish there was an icon like Wii U has.

Superrandy

Neo Member
Anyone run into this problem... bought a pro controller and it will not pair unless the Switch is undocked. If I dock the Switch I can sometimes get it to pair for maybe 2 seconds and it immediately loses connection. At first I thought it was a bad controller so I bought another one, same issue.

It does this whether I am wireless or if I plug in via USB. Is my Switch busted? Sounds like the bluetooth is completely shit.

So just tried some more experiments. If it's undocked I can get it to pair, but if I move more than 6 inches away from the switch the controller disconnects. Sounds like my Switch is a dud.

Seik

Banned
Why do you need to change the cover art ? Is the Japanese one ugly or something ?

No not at all, in fact, it's the exact same cover, except that all the writings, title included, are in Japanese.

I printed the cover mainly so that it fits with my other NA games and to be able to read what's on it. :)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone know how to shrink the tiles in the OS to add more rows? I've seen pics but no instructions. Unless I'm not seeing something I wish there was an icon like Wii U has.

Once you reach enough titles to get to the end of the row another menu item appears at the end allowing you to see the whole library, this is probably the "more rows" pics you've seen. There's no way to alter the main menu itself.

RootCause

My Switch will be coming on Tuesday now!! Amazon were saying 18th but just got an email saying it'll be here on the 11th.

Can't wait to get back into Zelda.

What happened to your previous switch?

It's been a little bit more than a month and...I spent of lot in the thing. I'm always playing it, portable factor is a big plus.

I have a lot of games though, so I'm not suffering any post-Zelda down. (Also have BMZ & Snipperclips DL'd, will probably buy the cool shmup that came out yesterday this week-end too.) :lol

I'm good enough until MK8D comes out!
Name please? :)

Guys do you let the switch on the dock for days? The last four days it's been on the dock but I don't know if its ok for the battery.

Modern batteries don't mind being constantly charged too much as they have internal limiters to stop them being overcharged (in small part for their longevity, but for the large part being because they tend to explode if they overcharge :3 ). Ironically, the old wisdom of it being better to fully drain a battery before charging is only true for the older battery types and for current batteries it's REALLY bad for them and shortens their lifespan more than just about anything else you can do :p

Blues1990

Yeah, this is a Japanese copy I bought on Play-Asia and I got the custom cover on reddit and ThatsMyTrunks made me a printable format. I just reuploaded it on Abload, so I don't know if it'll keep the same format, but I printed the original file in 8 X 10 and it came out perfect.

And yep, it plays on NA Switch and it's in English. :)

Cool. I'll might pick it up, along with printing that slip cover. Also, are there any recommendations for games for the system?

My little brother dropped our switch on the floor. Fortunately the switch is ok, but there are some scratches on the screen.

What can I do? Is it possible to change only the screen?

Firebrand

My little brother dropped our switch on the floor. Fortunately the switch is ok, but there are some scratches on the screen.

What can I do? Is it possible to change only the screen?
Nintendo probably can, but I'm guessing they're not just replacing the plastic outer layer so could cost you if you're being honest about it not being a warranty issue.

Sent a bad Left Blue Joy-Con back to Nintendo for a replacement. The connectivity was not the issue however, it was an issue of my Left Joy-Con not locking in place on the Switch itself. It seems the tab on the side was defective, worn down, or broke off enough to render the locking mechanism useless. It didn't matter if you pushed the button or not, it would slide off the Switch.

Luckily it was my extra set so I won't be without controllers while this gets repaired or replaced. Plus I also have a Pro Controller so I am all good.

Superrandy

Neo Member
Called Nintendo and had to send my console and joy-cons in for repair. My problem was that my Pro Controller would only work with the console undocked and within 6 inches. Same problem with multiple Pro Controllers. I disconnected the Joy Cons and only the right would connect, and it would often disconnect. So something is wrong with the systems bluetooth.

Guys do you let the switch on the dock for days? The last four days it's been on the dock but I don't know if its ok for the battery.

It's designed to do that. Mine stays in there all the time, in sleep mode.

Just like how my 3DS would be in it's cradle all the time.

Poppyseed

Is anybody else's left controller a lil loose? I'm kinda pissed as I just bought the Switch like 2 days ago.

Should I take it back and wait for a new one?

Just do the electrical tape fix. They seem to get loose over time. For me it was the right one, but I tightened up both using a tiny piece of electrical tape on the metal rail bottom square bit.

Tubie

My Pro Controller order from amazon finally shipped today!

CJshoJM.gif

I assume this actually means Monday, cause I think UPS is closed on weekends, but still great news for me.

BDGAME

Finally I see and played a switch. Amazing machine.

The Joycon are small, but not as small as the images made it look. It fill very good in my hand.

But the thing that I like most is the screen.
That thing don't need more resolution than that. It's perfect for that size.

Now I want a switch more than never.

Tubie

Finally I see and played a switch. Amazing machine.

The Joycon are small, but not as small as the images made it look. It fill very good in my hand.

But the thing that I like most is the screen.
That thing don't need more resolution than that. It's perfect for that size.

Now I want a switch more than never.

It made me a believer almost instantly. I impulse bought mine and on the way home I was kinda regretting the purchase, those went away almost instantly when I actually used it.

Tubie

So, in the end, do you like your purchase ?

Absolutely, its just like you said, you have to use it to feel how good it is. I personally love portable mode, but I've also been using docked mode more and more. The versatility of this console makes it quite unlike anything before.

And it will only get better as they add more games and features to it (a youtube app would be insanely good on this).

MK8 is just 3 weeks away, and the last MK game I played was for the N64, so you can imagine my hype lol.

Seik

Banned
Is I am setsuna good?

It's inspired from Chrono Trigger, gameplay-wise. But it's nothing like CT. Overall a nice litte callback to older JRPGs with a soundtrack that's mostly all piano.

I like it, nothing that will shake the earth, but it's enjoyable and it has some charm. I'd suggest watching some videos on youtube to solidify your idea of it.

anyone here import ROTK XIII?
I know its out in Japan and it was a name on the direct of coming to the system but really want this to come out here.

Iced

Went to put my Switch to sleep tonight while docked and got error code 2113-0216. Google isn't being very helpful. Anyone else get this?

AbaFadi

Banned
Yeah, done it twice now.

Did you have any trouble convincing them to let you send in the joy-cons without sending in the system? When I tried they told me that if both my joycons were having problems that I had to send in my system and wouldn't let me just send in the joycons alone.

Anyone one have trouble with certain carts not loading when you insert them? It seems to take about 2-3 times minimum for certain games to load.

BDGAME

Absolutely, its just like you said, you have to use it to feel how good it is. I personally love portable mode, but I've also been using docked mode more and more. The versatility of this console makes it quite unlike anything before.

And it will only get better as they add more games and features to it (a youtube app would be insanely good on this).

MK8 is just 3 weeks away, and the last MK game I played was for the N64, so you can imagine my hype lol.

You will love MK8 then. It's a amazing and beautiful game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom