• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beepos

God dammit, screwed up my screen protector placement. Man I so hate putting these things on. Now I'm super paranoid I;m going to scratch the screen by bumping it as I dock it in and out until I go get more to 'practice' with.

Bla I might just say hell to it and see how it goes...

mindatlarge

What are gaffers experience with the day one patch and the joycon issues? Still a problem? Or overblown?
It still exists post patch, but I didn't have any issues unless forcing the issue. Definitely something worth reporting but I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whelp, my issue was that I'm using a US credit card and address on the US store but live in Germany. I don't have a German credit card (just debit) and don't want to use the German store anyways (since I can't read it particularly easily). The solution? Just buy eShop codes on Amazon. Tested it and it works great.

Levondrious

Neo Member
PLEASE.HELP! CANNOT.UNBOX! TOO.BEAUTIFUL!

fullsizerender270k5d.jpg

Belakor

Banned
Not needed, however the game could use 60FPS and 1080p and some extra Anti Aliasing of course, well we will have to wait for another generation 'till Nintendo finally steps into the 1080p era...

We are close though, and imagining that you can play an AAA-Zelda on the go is just mindblowing.

That's what bothers me most.1080p and some basic anti aliasing should be a standard in 2017.

I have no problem with the cartoonish art direction,but man.They should have made a powerful docked console and another portable one and just port the game.

This middle ground,I'm not that fond of to be honest

mindatlarge

God dammit, screwed up my screen protector placement. Man I so hate putting these things on. Now I'm super paranoid I;m going to scratch the screen by bumping it as I dock it in and out until I go get more to 'practice' with.

Bla I might just say hell to it and see how it goes...
Same here, man...I suck at putting screen protectors on. There is ALWAYS a piece of dust or fuzz that I miss after I get it properly aligned. There's a big bubble and piece of fuzz right on the middle my Switch screen, under the screen protector. I'm contemplating taking it off and trying again with the extra screen protector that came with my carrying case. I feel your pain.

Aiii

So not worth it
Whoever said the Switch didn't have enough launch titles was so wrong. I already got Zelda, Disgaea 5, Shovel Knight Spectre of Torment, Snipperclips, Bomberman R and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

No games lol. :D

I'm not too sure about the stability of the stand. My cats are going to murder my Switch, I just know it.

Thank you! I was having a lot of trouble with the wrist straps. I guess I did it the proper way, but I was really worried I'd break something.

I'm so worried about my cats that I just ordered a HDMI audio extractor and I'm just going to hook it up to my 27' PC monitor in the office which stays shut. Feel like they would easily knock it over or chew the analog sticks.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So the joycons held sideways are more uncomfortable than people have been saying. Cant imagine playing a game like that. But maybe it feels better when actually playing or something.

Yah I'm totally happy with the launch titles.

Launches are never great title-wise and it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to front-load their library rather than have some titles interspersed throughout the rest of the year.

Question about the multiple region account! I'm in europe, I managed to create an US account, but my credit card doesn't work in there, any ideas?

is my only option nintendo cards like on playstation?

Kjellson

I'm going nuts here. When I go into the eShop the screen goes black all the time and the resolution keeps changing. Does anyone who knows just a bit about technology know what to do?

I searched this thread and on Twitter, and so far I seem to be the only one with this problem. :(

Well, forget what I said. I just turned the TV off and on, lol.

That's what bothers me most.1080p and some basic anti aliasing should be a standard in 2017.

I have no problem with the cartoonish art direction,but man.They should have made a powerful docked console and another portable one and just port the game.

This middle ground,I'm not that fond of to be honest

This. I'm holding out hoping they do a revision or make a proper home console. Zelda on the WiiU for now and going to see what happens.

Tom_Cody

In line at Harlem Target (NYC). They had 92 systems and there are only 32 in line. 60 systems left for anyone in NYC that needs one. Only black left.

bman94

Whoever said the Switch didn't have enough launch titles was so wrong. I already got Zelda, Disgaea 5, Shovel Knight Spectre of Torment, Snipperclips, Bomberman R and Puyo Puyo Tetris.

No games lol. :D

To be fair, 2 of those games aren't available outside of Japan without importing.

Jaagen

Any tips on getting LAN-adapters to work? I've tried using my Surface-branded USB adapter, but it says it won't connect.

Joqu

I'm so worried about my cats that I just ordered a HDMI audio extractor and I'm just going to hook it up to my 27' PC monitor in the office which stays shut. Feel like they would easily knock it over or chew the analog sticks.

Yeah, hooking it up to my monitor would work for me too, I guess I should consider doing that. Once Nintendo makes docks available for purchase I might get myself a second one though. I'd have to store my Switch somewhere else after using it in my living room but I'd like to be able to use my TV and I'm sure the dock itself will be fine with my cats.

Seriously though, this thing ain't cat proof. My Wii U got scratched up badly but I was never worried there. Fortunately mine don't chew. Unless it's paper. :L

Soooo I sold my wiiu to get a nintendo switch so now I can't get my virtual console games from my wiiu registered to my account???

Also we don't get any tokens (silver or gold) for buying a switch?

I think the system is beautiful - easily their best effort since GameCube ( punch me for being silly, but I really dug that system ). The fact that me and my girlfriend travel a lot ( to her hometown, to mine, etc. ), this system will be a godsend, as it is the only portable gaming-device I own ( I don't have a tablet and I don't like to play on my phone ). Now I can play anywhere!

The bad thing is, that Zelda didn't arrive in the mail today. Will have to wait until Monday. Ah well - at least I got Fast RMX to keep me occupied.

AGoodODST

No joy con issues so far.

I REALLY like the joy cons. I'm glad I held off buying a Pro as the grip is super comfy. Played some Bomberman with them side ways and it was fine too.

Speaking of Bomberman, graphics look slightly better in person.

Zelda is incredible.

I tried out the online in fast rmx and it seemed pretty good tbh. that game is fast af and it kept up well

also if you wanna pick up some easy wins go play fast rmx online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom