• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlaphor

Arrgghh. Really shouldn't be reading this thread right now. I want to wait till next year to get a Switch (since the only games that I'll be wanting this year are Zelda and Mario and I have a Wii U)...but I have plenty of money right now and could totally walk into a store and buy a Switch with Zelda and a Pro Controller and be fine.

I wont however, but I am tempted.

PSFan

12Switch not exactly flying off the shelves
1fdz6GZ.jpg

LOL! Guess it's going to be NintendoLand 2.0 instead of the next Wii sports.

Airbar

Neo Member
It's too expensive for what it offers. I already regret buying it.
It was already down to 35 before release in Europe
Also a guy was buying a Switch for his two daughters and asked for a good game, Zelda already sold out so the clerk went into storage and got him Bomberman lol

ZeroPain

Neo Member
BestBuy sent me an email over night saying my Switch has been delayed... Now it says scheduled delivery isn't until Monday... This is definitely the last time I order anything from them.

mjc

Has anyone else had an issue during setup where you can't see the User avatar options? It's like it's bugging out.

Jedi2016

What options are there for getting sceencaps off of the unit?

Also, in terms of cases, I have a Hyperkin case I got from Amazon a couple days ago. I'll report back with how well the system fits in a couple hours once I've got my system.

KSweeley

12Switch not exactly flying off the shelves
1fdz6GZ.jpg

Nintendo not bundling 1-2 Switch with the system itself is clearly not a smart move on Nintendo's part.

There were so many people on YouTube (in videos that were reactions to the January 2017 Nintendo Switch presentation) saying 1-2 Switch would be a bundled game with the Switch itself and now the Switch comes with no games bundled, I wonder what their reactions are now.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anyone know if we get My Nintendo points for the system itself? Club Nintendo used to give points for purchasing the hardware and it would be a bummer if Switch didn't.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This thing gets kinda hot after some handheld play! I guess I'll get used to that, but definitely a distraction so far.

Hmm my Switch doesn't want to display anything on my monitor, on my TV it's fine but I prefer my monitor. It might be the cheap Hama HDMI switch I'm using but my PS3, PS4 and Wii U never had an issue with it :/

Decided to try my luck at Target this morning. I rolled up, got a ticket, and I was good to go. They had 19.

I also got Zelda too of course!

Going to finish Horizon tonight and then dig in. Super pumped!

Nesther

Ugh, no matter what I do the micro sd card is displayed as not inserted. Even formatted (tried both exfat and NTFS) and no chance. Laptop recognizes it fine.

Hope I didn't buy a bum card or something.

Gurrry

I got it last night at best buy after telling myself id wait. Screw you zeitgeist!

Anyways, im happy with the purchase and holy shit zelda looks like a world im gonna get lost into.

So did people hit the sync issue before even being able to setup the device, or is it a TV only thing?

Was surprised walked into target and they had couple pro controllers on shelf so bought that. Thanks to the Best Buy midnight launch, I could pick up my switch and zelda with only one person ahead (buying wii u zelda)

Cashier said best buy queue started yesterday at 3PM

How long were people waiting at best buy at the midnight launch?

Probably mentioned already but you CAN wake up your docked console while in sleep mode by pressing the home button 3 times.

Also works with the Pro Controller.

And question. How does one format its micro SD card?

Edit 1: Nevermind it detected it now. Have to restart the console. But I still don't know where to go to format it.

Edit: 2: Ah, in the initialize section.

Kaelan

Starbucks uses a web sign in, right? You need the update to use the web applet so I don't think you can set it up.

That sucks. I live on campus and it requires us to login before we get full access. Guess I can use my phones hotspot to download the update first? No idea..

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Anecdotal as hell, but its sold out in the city centre of Bergen, second biggest city of Norway. I stood five minutes and six people asked for it, so seems launch is going decent here.

Gurrry

I have a question though, last night when I tried to sign in to my old wiiU account, it said I didnt have an nintendo account with that email. Anyone know if im doing something wrong or if theres a way to link my wiiU nnid to this?

Also - how do you turn it off and how do you know if the thing is charging while in the dock? That green light wasnt on for me when I went to sleep last night.

Bate

Accessed the eshop and wanted to jump on Fast RMX, but no loyalty discount for owning it on Wiiu. That would have made it really easy to double dip

Acheteedo

Anyone else hear a low level hiss/buzz when using earphones on the switch? It's drowned out when other sounds are happening but it's there when it's otherwise quiet.

One other weird question, anyone find the console super wobbly in the dock when trying to do things like detach joycons and put in a game card? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Console itself is beautiful.

I'm jealous, I just can't afford this right now. Hopefully in a year we'll see a price drop and a great collection of games waiting for me.

I just got my Nintendo Switch! Also got an extra pair of joy-con neon, pro controller, bomber R, and LoZ:BTW.

I was going to camp out in front of my local Target, but then my friend got sick so I had no one to take me, so then today I went to my local best buy which didnt have a midnight opening, so when I got there they still had a couple of Switches left.

Someone else in line said that the Target that I was going to be camping out in front of had a really long line and apparently they sold out of all their switches, that being around 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom