• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ein Bear

Just got mine. First impressions are very positive, the screen is much sharper than I was expecting it to be, and the whole UI is a slick godsend compared to the fucking garbage that was the Wii U. The dashboard being 720p on the TV is a shame though, hope that gets fixed in a future update.

I've just bought Snipperclips and Shovel Knight on the eShop and am left with a question. Can you not save payment details? I had to enter my card details both times for each game. I'm wondering if I've missed a setting somewhere, since you've been able to do so on all previous Nintendo systems.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Great start, me. I've managed to put a wriststrap on upside down.

It seems pretty wedged, and the release button isn't doing a great deal. Any suggestions?

The white thing near the strap is a lock. Make sure you unlock it and push the strap.

RaidenZR

It seems pretty wedged, and the release button isn't doing a great deal. Any suggestions?

Did you put it on the wrong way? I think I've always seen the strap pictured hanging down.

_Clash_

I'm just putting it out there. I have a few nice controllers and felt like not buying the switch prp controller.

And it feels good just going joy con and split controller setup, I don't bother with the wrist straps and just reconnect to base when done.

The grip is passable

Buy a pro controller only if you know you need one imo

Caayn

I'd hope it'd be fine, remember the joy cons are docked in portable mode too, so you'd have to expect that Nintendo has put a shutoff mechanism in place to avoid them being constantly charged.
Yeah, that's true. It's my mind going to "what if" scenarios.

Just did this. The lock can be pulled a bit farther than it seems, and I just pulled it off with a bit of force. Joycons still work perfectly. I put the straps back in the box and will never touch them again.

I scratched the code on my eshop card too hard some how... can this be replaced? I'm gonna try my retailer I got it from later. I have the receipt still. Or if Nintendo can send me a new one. Fuck :/
Not the worst thing but still

molnizzle

Is there no way to import the Mii associated with my Nintendo account?

It just shows up in Mario Run, but I'm not seeing it here on the Switch.

MrNelson

Banned
I scratched the code on my eshop card too hard some how... can this be replaced? I'm gonna try my retailer I got it from later. I have the receipt still. Or if Nintendo can send me a new one. Fuck :/
Not the worst thing but still
Retailers in the US don't accept returns or exchanges on gift cards of any kind.

Ein Bear

You can import a Mii from an Amiibo if that's an option available to you? I copied mine from my Wii U using Waluigi this morning.

molnizzle

You can import a Mii from an Amiibo if that's an option available to you? I copied mine from my Wii U using Waluigi this morning.

Under no circumstances will an Amiibo ever be present in my home.

Blows my mind that when I log in to my Nintendo account online I see my Mii... but log in on the Switch, nothing. lol

Chao

My joycons are dropping signal like a motherfucker, I'm not even sitting far away, like 1,5m/5 feet.

Is the wifi or the Bluetooth on other devices causing this fuck up?, it's definitely not normal.

PSFan

All my stuff is out for delivery.

Switch and Zelda games with USPS, should be waiting for me when I get home.

Pro Controller and Amiibos, UPS, usually UPS comes after 6pm so may have to wait for those.

Charging Grip, FedEx, crapshoot, could get delivered anytime today.

Wow, this is Nintendo's best piece of tech ever. No question. Everything is crisp, clean, smooth. Zelda controls like a dream in free balling joy con mode. Feels unbelievably natural.

I can't believe this is Nintendo hardware tbh. Its like night and day to me.

mclem

Yeah, I don't have the system so I can't speak with confidence but it looks like the wrong way:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20170113061241&path-prefix=en

I already knew it was wrong - I realised after doing it there's + and - on the straps and they're meant to line up with the ones on the unit. The problem is that it's not moving.

The white thing near the strap is a lock. Make sure you unlock it and push the strap.
I've pulled it out a fair way - at least, enough that the cable is freed. It's not shifting yet. I tried it with the other joy-con and there was an audible click on moving the lock

Edit: FREE! It would have helped if I was trying to remove it the right way!

I'm going to pick up my Switch at bestbuy today but I saw someone in another thread post their Switch Friendcode. Does this system really have friendcodes again? And they're going to make us pay for online later in the year? Seems like a poor combo

Airbar

Neo Member
12Switch not exactly flying off the shelves
1fdz6GZ.jpg

Shame there's no direct audio output from the stand, I only have a monitor availble and said monitor does not have speakers included, so the stand is a bit useless to me.

If I put an audiocable directly in the switch, does it output volume from that?

I had to order a HDMI audio extractor this morning.

AgeEighty

In case anyone besides me wanted a rundown of what they've added to the Mii editor compared with previous versions:

As far as new pieces, it looks like the only ones they added were new glasses. There are no new pieces for face, hair, eyes, nose, mouth, or facial hair as far as I can see. The new glasses include some new frames as well as options with opaque lenses.

The big difference is in color options: most things you can pick a color for now have 100 different options to choose from, which is a more than tenfold increase in every case. It gives you the default options from before, and then a selectable expanded palette that has the new ones. So finally you can give a Mii white hair, blue hair, or a ton of other options.

They also slightly expanded the sliders for height and weight, so you can make a Mii a little bigger or smaller than before.

As far as I can tell, that's all. I'll report back if I notice anything else.

Kindekuma

Banned
My Switch came in the mail! Zelda will arrive like 3 hours later ;_;.

I love love love the feel of the joycons and overall build quality. Haven't booted it up yet. Gonna do updates and DL Snipperclips in the meantime.

My Switch is waiting for me at Best buy. No doubt it's getting manhandled by all the employees, if not already sold and given away.

I can't bear to think about it. C'mon 2:00PM!

benjammin

Well, I was finally able to order a system through best buy after weeks of trying. I was wildly disappointed with the Wii U, but I'm incredibly hyped about the Switch and Zelda. Both should be here Tuesday along with a few accessories. You got me Nintendo, and I'm thrilled about it. Really can't wait until some more first party titles come out.

Ninja Dom

Not from what I can tell. I also asked earlier but this thread is moving too fast.

Seems like you're gonna have to use an Amiibo to import your Mii.

I managed to do the same... For whatever reason, I have to use quite a lot of force to get the wriststrap off from the joycon. But this is true for both joycons/writstrapthingys (in both the wrong and the right orientation).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom