• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
This system feels so good in my hands, man. So comfortable to hold!

I should just report I am having no issues at all. Joy-Cons pair just fine, no dropped signal. Downloads work, going from dock to handheld mode is seamless, no crashes in games.

Very happy with my purchase right now. Back to more Zelda!

nikos

The rubber pieces on the inside of the dock have already marked up my screen.

This system is proving to be hot garbage already. I have never been so disappointed on a launch day.

Jzero

The update felt almost instant for me. I don't know why it's taking so long for others.

Anyway Zelda is out for delivery. Only thing i can play is the SnipperClips demo.

Chittagong

Gold Member
It still blows my mind that this is actually possible

AxpRcv8.jpg

Hands up, who actually would have believed just a year ago that Nintendo could release such a powerful portable in a year? I remember some NX speculation saying that the portable experience would be like mini games around the home games.

Brannon

I resolved to never lick the cartridge.

And yet the stuff rubs off and gets on your finger. A thing I found out the hard way.

My god, it lingers...

VanWinkle

I put the Joy-Con controllers in the grip and set it down and didn't like how the controller leans forward. It just doesn't look good. It bugs me.

QWGShyT.jpg

And then I realized, hey, it stands up straight with no issue!

BUTt6Pk.jpg

So that's cool.

How would a 3ds or DS game work if it requires both screens to play?

The 2DS is just one big screen with a superficial strip of plastic to separate them. The Wii U plays DS games too. Plus they could always have you turn the system 90 degrees or something. If the Wii U can do it the Switch can!

Question, so I have a Nintendo ID account from my 3ds. I merged that account to something called My Nintendo. When i later open my Switch when out of workplace. I will just nees to put in the My Nintendo thing and all will be good? Or will i need to enter the nintendo id as well?

ekim

really, i thought you were supposed to fully discharge a battery.

I thought that too but a collegue recently mentioned you should never do that and instead have the charge between 20% and 100%. No idea what's correct anymore. Just like with coffee causing cancer or not or being healthy

Posted it at the end of the last page but.. lol

Is there a way to tell if the joycons are charging? I put my Switch into sleep mode while I am grabbing some lunch, so I slid them back into the switch dock with it plugged in. No light is on anywhere though. Are they charging?

bounchfx

My fucking best buy delivery of my switch was delayed until Monday

Not cool best buy. Wouldn't let me opt for store pickup either :(

SHarris78

Is there a way to tell if the joycons are charging? I put my Switch into sleep mode while I am grabbing some lunch, so I slid them back into the switch dock with it plugged in. No light is on anywhere though. Are they charging?

Indeed they are !

shtolky

Yes, they are charging even tough there is no sleep light like there is for the PS4. Pro Controller charges too if plugged in.

Aiii

So not worth it
As an FYI for those interested, my Xiaomi Mi powerbank (20000) has no problems keeling my battery at 100% during Zelda.

It outputs 5.1V/2.1A btw.

Dartastic

My only real gripe so far is that the cords that came with the system are RIDICULOUSLY short. I need to either completely revise where I place my dock, or I need to completely rearrange my entertainment area. Neither of which I really wanna do. :(

Just got mine from TRU, there was virtually no line.

Biggest problem thus far is it won't see my WiFi SSID. Couldn't get it to connect manually either. Anyone else having this issue?

I had that after the update. A restart solved the problem. But still WiFi signal is still pretty weak. And my router is almost next to the Switch.

Anyone else having the issue of a weak WiFi signal?

peakish

Just got mine installed and I gotta say that the preview impressions were not wrong. Purely as a piece of hardware this is miles ahead of the Wii U. The OS is friendly and fast, and most importantly the controllers feel solid whereas the Gamepad always felt like a rattly cheap thing. Gonna get some dinner and let the controllers charge a bit before diving into Zelda.

Sami+

I'm really pleased with how clean the system design and main UI look after the Wii U. The differences between the Switch itself and the Gamepad or the Switch menu and the Wii U's are seriously night and day.

I always felt like my impression of the Wii U was "fuck, I get it, y'all really want to be cute" whereas my impression of the Switch is "ooohhh, this is cute". Hits just the right mix of sleek and silly.

Trago

Anecdotal, but during my break I went to check Best Buy and GameStop. Fucking no one bought 1-2 Switch there either lol.

So I downloaded some games without the microSD in, is there a way to just move them to the SD card without Archiving them and then redownloading them with the microSD inserted?

Does anybody know if there's a way you can wake the Switch up from tabletop mode and only use one joycon? Anytime I wake up the Switch it wants me to press a button on the other controller but I really like using just one for Shovel Knight :(((

When I have my tv turned off completely, and my switch powered down, if I turn the switch on, it turns the tv on with no input needed from the TV remote.

Am I crazy? Did I miss this impression from people / reviewers?

It just confused the hell out of me when my tv turned on by itself. I have a smart 4k tv fwiw.

spekkeh

Banned
The only things that still bug me is that the menu is 720p on the TV and friend codes. Both of these are fucking why. Here's hoping for an update soon.

BTA

My Switch, 1-2-S, and Zelda are out for delivery... but I won't be home till tomorrow night. It's killing me a little.

Meanwhile, my sister managed to get one at a Walmart, which was sorta surprising. Wonder if they're actually in decent stock or if they'll go fast.

Aiii

So not worth it
When I have my tv turned off completely, and my switch powered down, if I turn the switch on, it turns the tv on with no input needed from the TV remote.

It just confused the hell out of me when my tv turned on by itself. I have a smart 4k tv fwiw.

Gratz, you just discovered HDMI-CEC.

spekkeh

Banned

It supports HDMI-CEC? I thought that wasn't on there. PS4 does this for ages already.

Most tvs have HDMI CEC which you can wake the tv from off so you dont need the remote. I use it on my ps4 and theres an option in the menu for it, but no idea about switch.

Citizen K

Just got mine. There is a weird mark below the screen, slightly to the left. Is this normal? It's such a perfect shape like a half circle elongated I thought it's a sensor or something?

Edit - seeing in better light this seems a brightness sensor for sure right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom