• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

nxt5r5x.png

Such a nice piece of hardware. Also setting up a Japan account and getting games early is what's up on this thing. The region free functionality is great on this console, love how as long as your region is set the console knows to translate most of the Japanese games on the eShop currently; just absolutely brilliant.

Yo wait what?!?!?!

So if I make a japanese account right now, I can get blaster master??? And it translates it into english!??!

NimbusD

Best buy on 23rd st in nyc had plenty of pro controllers as of 11am this mornig.

too bad for me I got antsy and ordered from amazon japan, have to wait til next week.

Futaba

Thought the Digital Foundary review said they wouldn't.

They did not specify the type of adapter they tried, as you can get various types, from their wording it sounds like they tried a straight usb-c to hdmi adapter, which would not work (needs power supplied at the same time).

what-ok

It was easy to walk in and get all I wanted out here in Portland OR. Unfortunately I had to head off to work right away and can't wait to get home to see what's up with this new system and ZELDA!

rec0ded1

So do I load up my eshop account with cash, then switch to jpn region and it'll allow me to spend it there?

Edit: nvm found a guide.

Kaelan

Happened me and another guy on here. Undock, reboot and re-connect to the wifi and it should improve vastly.

Thanks man! 7 minutes remaining now. A bit surprised I was able to do anything without having to login like normally for my campus's wifi (which I wouldn't even be able to do since web applet support is only on the update)

Cindro

When the console is docked and powered off or in sleep mode, is there a light anywhere indicating the machine is charging? I don't see anything, and it's making me think it's sitting there doing nothing instead of refueling.

Hey guys, i havent been able to read the entire thread due to being excited to play Zelda on the Switch, but has anyone else had issues transferring a Mii using amiibo?

I have tried 4 different amiibo's, all of them successfully have a mii registered to them from the WiiU menu (and one i tried in Smash too) but when i hold it up to the right joycon on the Switch it says... "No Mii registered with this amiibo".

It's really frustrating as i have no idea what could be causing it and i am successfully registering the owner from the WiiU.

I've tried reseting the amiibos and everything... any ideas?

My roommate wasn't home to receive my UPS package from BestBuy (containing my Switch). He works at night but usually is up until 3p. So I don't know what happened.

They now say estimated delivery is on Monday. I said screw that, I want my package TODAY. So I'm hopeful I can pick it up later today at the UPS facility when the truck gets back from doing its rounds. Would suck if I had to wait 'til Monday.

Happy Switch day everyone! Hope you guys are all enjoying the console. I'll probably look to pick one up once there's more games out and maybe some new colors too.

The Joy-Cons feel fucking GREAT when split in your hands!!!!

That's all I've wanted.

Otherwise, flawless start-up for me and right into Zelda!

Yeah def glad to have picked one up in target. Feels way more natural than the grip mode that comes with the console.

KingBroly

Banned
Nintendo has A LOT of bugs to work out with this thing

Some wi-fi networks simply won't connect it seems.

I'm also not sure how to change the order of the games on Menu

conpfreak

Who would have guessed that a bunch of silly pack in games wouldn't sell @ $50.

Honestly, all they need to do is port Wii Sports again and rebrand it, make it free to play (again), and preload it. The Switch will continue to fly off the shelves to casuals during the holiday if they do that.

Wii Sports is a cultural phenomenon. I know people to this day that still have their Wii hooked up to play Wii Tennis. Maybe they can prepare a better successor than 1,2 Switch for next year.

brinstar

Wow the hardware itself is really impressive, I haven't even put a game in yet lol

The dpad buttons don't bother me as much as I was expecting!

When the console is docked and powered off or in sleep mode, is there a light anywhere indicating the machine is charging? I don't see anything, and it's making me think it's sitting there doing nothing instead of refueling.
When it goes to sleep mode a little battery image pops up at the top of the screen to let you know it's charging I think. Then it goes dark. It continues to charge though.

ktroopa

Nintendo has A LOT of bugs to work out with this thing

Some wi-fi networks simply won't connect it seems.

I'm also not sure how to change the order of the games on Menu

Yep the wifi is def broke, needs a patch and menu sorting. I thought drag and drop shud work but right now nadda :.

SHarris78

In sleep mode it does charge, also charges a pro controller if you plug one into it👍

I feel your paid, bud. See my post above.

That's brutal, I'm sorry. Hopefully you should be able to pick it up at the end of the day like you mentioned; I was able to do that a few weeks ago when the UPS driver was unable to find the right building and ended up not delivering it. Customer center hours make it kind of tight but possible.

Really wish I had preordered at a physical location at this point. I could have just bought a neon one at Target this morning and I only got there 30 minutes early lol.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Did anyone try a sony gold headset on the system yet? We know the system is not bt ready but what about headsets coming with USB wireless pen?

Neoweee

So how many people are disheartened over the lack of a Virtual Console at launch? I was hoping that it would have most of the recent Wii U VC titles available at the start, because that is the only reality where Nintendo's Wii U VC strategy makes the remotest ounce of sense, but I guess I was wrong.

I wanted a better way to play the GBA Fire Emblem games =(

xsarien

daedsiluap
Took a quick walk for lunch and it inevitably takes me past Nintendo World. There's *still* a line out there going about halfway towards 6th ave. I don't think people even know what they're waiting for anymore, although I'd think Nintendo would at least tell them if there are no more systems.

It's also cold af outside, so, you know, more power to those people.

Damn, getting those JoyCon wrist straps off is a bit of an ordeal. But other that, really like what Nintendo has done here. For some reason it's more portable/smaller than I imagined.

tanuki

Omg the wrist straps are so hard to take off, how did they manage to get past QC? Thought I was going to break something trying to take them off. Doesn't make sense, considering that removing the joy-cons from the grip and the tablet is relatively easy. Oh well, the joy cons are fine to hold without them.

Jeels

Wish it were possible to have the wrist straps on all the time, like including when you have the joycons plugged into the switch. It's so much work switching between playstyles right now.

Peltz

Damn, getting those JoyCon wrist straps off is a bit of an ordeal. But other that, really like what Nintendo has done here. For some reason it's more portable/smaller than I imagined.

The first time I thought I was going to break them. They really need to make them easier to slide off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom