• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky |OT2| Maths Effect

Wok

I have landed on a planet with mushroom buildings...

3DF0E5EA9C880EC7765A1AF7CFA6553C434F0322
3B9A78C997044F73FBFC935968F3B1852123F893

and jumping mushroom-like creatures.

Dying on the planet and refreshing the save fixed the crashing for warp.

That helped it not crash when you warp? I've had warp crashes maybe 40% of the warps i've done after say warp 20ish. NEVER crashed before then (estimates) but since it's all the time. So much that i've stopped warping now and have spent 30-60 minutes here and there in my current system exploring the few planets hoping for patches. I've died on the planets multiple times so maybe i'll try a warp. That's shitty if that's the way to make it not crash on warps though :/

E92 M3

That helped it not crash when you warp? I've had warp crashes maybe 40% of the warps i've done after say warp 20ish. NEVER crashed before then (estimates) but since it's all the time. So much that i've stopped warping now and have spent 30-60 minutes here and there in my current system exploring the few planets hoping for patches. I've died on the planets multiple times so maybe i'll try a warp. That's shitty if that's the way to make it not crash on warps though :/

Yeah it fixed it for the warp crashing which happened 3 times in a row.

This seems like the weirdest fix. I wonder what the fundamental issue is.

Yes, and I won't pretend to know the underlying problems lol.

Here's a question!

I came across some RADNOX a while ago, only 30 units of it. It's "very rare".

Has anyone found a use for this? I've been keeping it in my cargo hold for a while now and not sure if I should sell it or hang on to it just in case.

I needed 100 of those for the theta damage mod for ship's laser.

EDIT: nm, just remembered it was Omegon I needed.

Handy Fake

This seems like the weirdest fix. I wonder what the fundamental issue is.

When they sent out the original day one patch, you had to delete any saves you had from playing before it had released to be able to access the "new" game.
I wonder if it's just the way the save file is. That after a patch you need to update it to the current version before you go titting about in space. It might cause a glitch.

mokeyjoe

When they sent out the original day one patch, you had to delete any saves you had from playing before it had released to be able to access the "new" game.
I wonder if it's just the way the save file is. That after a patch you need to update it to the current version before you go titting about in space. It might cause a glitch.

That was only for the paths though. You could continue playing your game with the patch if you wanted.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
They didn't fix the launching into space glitch with 1.04 on PS4.

Happened twice in a row.

Fucking hell HG, fix this. No excuse for something so simple to be broken.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Here's a question!

I came across some RADNOX a while ago, only 30 units of it. It's "very rare".

Has anyone found a use for this? I've been keeping it in my cargo hold for a while now and not sure if I should sell it or hang on to it just in case.
Definitely hang onto Very Rare materials unless you're desperate for the cargo space. They are needed for some high level upgrades and (at least for the moment) legit hard to find.

Wok, I'm in need of Omegon too- apparently our best best is to check trade inventories at stations and trading posts. Remember that individual ships may have different items than the galactic trade network.

muteki

On the upside I guess I have a bit more time to find a Gek planet.

though I plan on getting another 2mil in gravity balls before I move on.

E92 M3

On the upside I guess I have a bit more time to find a Gek planet.

though I plan on getting another 2mil in gravity balls before I move on.

I'll be hoarding gravity balls tonight. Build up the bankroll after my ship purchase.

--

On another note, I am wondering why HG took out the ability to name ships. Would have been really fun.

Embearded

Okay i think my gane is bugged to the core.
Every second save i make it doesn't register.
Tried dying and restarting the console.
Fuck me...

Ferr986

The game won't save my progress after the patch. It just freezes for a couple of seconds and then it continues normally but if i go to options then the current save isn't the one i just did.

This shit already happened to me pre-patch, seems like the patch made it more common lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On another note, I am wondering why HG took out the ability to name ships. Would have been really fun.
Yeah, definitely high on my list of stuff I want personally, they were clearly meant to be discoveries. Hopefully won't be too long.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Yeah, definitely high on my list of stuff I want personally, they were clearly meant to be discoveries. Hopefully won't be too long.

I rather it come in as naming it personally. He talked about naming the class of ship that everyone would then see. there would be numerous amounts of people flying in Dickbutt class cruisers

this post is brand new and very positive and i love all of the people sharing their gear and their findings, but im compelled do drop a link to....

lol why are you "compelled"? This is the NMS OT. We know about the reddit post, about crowbcat's super edgy roast vid, about the jurassic park "viral sensation of the week", etc... as there are separate threads already for each of those things here on GAF. Nobody here is in some sort of denial bubble. The game's got issues; some technical, some QoL, etc.. but in general people here are focused on playing the game (or trying to) instead of spending bandwidth on message board talking about how proud they are of themselves for not playing it.

Now this. This shit I love. Every time I pop into the OT or photo thread I see things I haven't come across yet. Really great shot here.

.... well, shit.

Haha don't feel bad! I 100% my first planet by scanning 3 different flying species while they were flying because I didn't realize you could scan corpses. It took soooo long. Now the first thing I do is kill those things.

I went to an Outpost, didn't see a landing pad so I just landed and behold it was hidden underground. If I walked off the landing pad I fell into watery nothingness. I was able to reload and grenade my way out and take off with no problem.

That shot of the hidden landing pad looks pretty awesome. Sometimes the game just generates basic shit in really odd ways that make it a lot cooler. On the ocean planet I was on yesterday, I found some pretty strange things that had been generated underwater:

One of the few times I've felt that the "abandoned facility with gooey alien stuff" contextually made a lot of sense. There was even a weird tentacle/vine thing that was spewing some toxic cloud, hanging from the ceiling of the building, but I couldn't kill it for some reason, nor could I scan it because I was inside the building and it would just highlight the building as if I was trying to mark it. It looked like one of those land plants that whips out at you, but I had never seen one (or noticed) spit out a toxic substance before.

I just purposely downgraded my multitool slots because the setup in the smaller one was waaay better. Anyone ever do that?

Yeah, the slot configuration on the MT definitely makes choosing one more strategic than simply "this one can fit more stuff", especially if you are trying to synergize similar items.

I think after a few more jumps I'll see about upgrading my 30 slot ship to a 48 slot and go for something cooler looking than the space-truck I've got now.

What was the ~20MB update on Steam? I'm not in the experimental branch so just curious if it's the same but now pushed to the live branch?

Oh, and I saw another predator chasing prey. I recorded it, because it was pretty funny.
https://youtu.be/H2jGkZ4p13E

haha Yeah the only predator I've come across to actually kill what it was chasing are crab creatures, as those things jam; a weird squirrel-insect-beaver thing I named "Geoff"; and I found a shark-like ocean predator that would just maul through groups of peaceful blobby monstrosities. But for the most part I haven't come across many straight up "predator" class creatures. Plenty with unstable temperament that'll attack you as well as others though.

Stoze

What was the ~20MB update on Steam? I'm not in the experimental branch so just curious if it's the same but now pushed to the live branch?

I believe it's the same, yeah. I had gotten everything running and looking really well previously so it didn't do much for me though (the alt-tab is fixed which is nice).

somme

Only installed the update 20 minutes ago but it's stayed connected to the server the whole time since... fingers crossed.

Had no crashes from pressing options either.

besada

Banned
haha Yeah the only predator I've come across to actually kill what it was chasing are crab creatures, as those things jam; a weird squirrel-insect-beaver thing I named "Geoff"; and I found a shark-like ocean predator that would just maul through groups of peaceful blobby monstrosities. But for the most part I haven't come across many straight up "predator" class creatures. Plenty with unstable temperament that'll attack you as well as others though.

I literally fell into a pack of horrific spider-like predators. I wasn't paying attention and overshot a cliff while jetpacking, fell, took damage, looked up and was being swarmed by three of the little fuckers. I couldn't nuke the area with grenades fast enough.

I literally fell into a pack of horrific spider-like predators. I wasn't paying attention and overshot a cliff while jetpacking, fell, took damage, looked up and was being swarmed by three of the little fuckers. I couldn't nuke the area with grenades fast enough.

Oh man I haven't come into anything spider-like yet, thank goodness. I'm starting to run into planets with a little more life in cave networks-- most of it not friendly-- so now I'm going to be on the lookout for spiders too. Sweet.

Do you know what would extend the life of this game (for me atleast)?

Let me build settlements on planets for other players to find. Maybe even donating items in my inventory as things for them to find.

Holy shit... I'd be at this too long then.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I got one crash after the patch but then restarted the console and everything was pretty smooth since then. I didn't plan to play at all today, just loaded it up to see if anything obvious changed in the patch. Ended up visiting 5 planets and did 4 more jumps.

Griss

Is there a way to make the game recalculate your route to the center while taking your upgraded hyperdrive into account? Currently I'm just eyeballing systems roughly 1500ly away that appear to be in a straight line between my current location and the center, but it always ends up only getting me like 400ly closer to the center. Is there a more efficient way? At 162k away that's a shitload of jumps at only 300-400ly a pop.

Seriously, can anyone explain this? I point at the centre in free look, travel in a linear line towards the centre, pick a system about 1,600ly away, then find out I'm not actually 1,600ly closer.

What's happening here?

Also the 'trip to the centre' grind is insane either way.

Finally upgraded from a 12 slot multitool to an 18 one. Once you craft Grenade Impact Theta every animal and sentinel in the game is just pure toast.

Same here, Korvax. Different systems produce different races, then?

I imagine different regions of space are carved out as "Korvax territory", "Gek territory", etc... until you start moving jumping further inward, where those territories overlap? Given the lore I've been getting for Korvax monoliths,
I wouldn't be surprised to run across some Gek soon though, seeing as how they invaded and enslaved the Korvax in the past.

Mossybrew

I haven't checked out any spoilers - but I'm starting to think the Atlas path is just going to slowly fill my inventory with Stones for very little reward in the end. Confirm/Deny?

Top Bottom