• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

G.O.O.

EatChildren said:
In the original it seemed to increase the 'ranged' damage of a finisher. If you did a finisher on one enemy and there were a few in the group, a powered up finisher (with the square triangles) would almost always kill everyone.

I figure its the same here.
It is. And with the double beam, it's sex.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
G.O.O. said:
It is. And with the double beam, it's sex.

HOW ARE YOU PLAYING IT GIVE ME YOUR COPY

We need gifs of Travis taking off his pants to save the game.

Also also need a gif of
Skelter Helter pulling his own head off.

Dascu

Mafro said:
Video Games Plus have allegedly dispatched my copy to the UK. Somehow, I don't believe them -_-
Well, me and other Euro-gaffers have gotten emails from VGPlus confirming shipment too.

ivysaur12 said:
Poor Suda. I don't think anyone really knows that this game is coming out.
I dont think its that really i think its more of a "holy shit all of these games are coming out at the same time which one do i pick!" and as much as i LOVED NMH1, a game which justified my Wii purchase, I love mass effect more :( Oh well ill get it after im satisfied with ME2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dascu said:
I heard this game has a
boss rush mode
. Can anyone who's played it confirm or deny?

That would be a simple but wonderfully welcome addition. I really hope thats true.

About the first "Ally":

As many of you already know, its Shinobu. After Travis attains rank 10, she shows up with Silvia to clean up. She then tells you she is here to help. Travis complains about not needing help, but it is apparently too late. Cut to events previous to the rank 10 battle, and Silvia gives her a mission to kill two of the top 10. I'm now in control of her and she plays great. Super fast combos, she can jump with B, she can do a jump attack with B then A, or another type of jump attack with B then B.

Okay, going back to play now, let me know if you guys have any q's

Edit: A little more about the Ally:
The "pleasuring yourself" motion for her makes her sharpen her blade, as it loses sharpness when she fights. She can also do a long range attack by holding A. She is really awesome :)

robotzombie said:
About the first "Ally":

As many of you already know, its Shinobu. After Travis attains rank 10, she shows up with Silvia to clean up. She then tells you she is here to help. Travis complains about not needing help, but it is apparently too late. Cut to events previous to the rank 10 battle, and Silvia gives her a mission to kill two of the top 10. I'm now in control of her and she plays great. Super fast combos, she can jump with B, she can do a jump attack with B then A, or another type of jump attack with B then B.

Okay, going back to play now, let me know if you guys have any q's

Edit: A little more about the Ally:
The "pleasuring yourself" motion for her makes her sharpen her blade, as it loses sharpness when she fights. She can also do a long range attack by holding A. She is really awesome :)

Out of morbid curiosity... how do you save your game?

About Ally saving:

Saving for Shinobu is awesome. She's in the shower with her back turned and the toilet paper save thing covers her ass

robotzombie said:
About Ally saving:

Saving for Shinobu is awesome. She's in the shower with her back turned and the toilet paper save thing covers her ass

That's kinda hard to imagine.
I mean, the places I see her fight in looks like office buildings and other place without showers installed. Oh well, I guess I'll find out when I get it. Gotta get a Wii first.

Make sure you tell us how Sir Henry Motherfucker saves, too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there really 50 bosses to kill since Travis is ranked 51st at the beginning? Just how long is this game?

Bisnic said:
Is there really 50 bosses to kill since Travis is ranked 51st at the beginning? Just how long is this game?

There are technically 50 bosses, but you fight more than one at a time at certain points.
It's also 10 hours long.

AceBandage said:
There are technically 50 bosses, but you fight more than one at a time at certain points.
It's also 10 hours long.

Not really:
After you get to 23 or so, you have to do a "battle royale". Problem is, by the time you get there, everyone except for one is left standing, so you really only fight that one boss and get dropped down to rank 10 right after. and the cheerleaders + Quarterback guy really isn't fighting multiple people at once, its just one big boss

Also, in terms of weapons:
Dual Wielding is INCREDIBLE, it literally makes you feel like a monster

Nekobo

kiryogi said:
Totally forgot this, but I guess for you press folks playing it now. What firmware does it require?

I believe the latest one. I'm on firmware 3.2 and it prompted me to update.

Poyunch

Threi said:
Probably the same, only
taking a piss instead of taking a shit
:lol
Yeah I asked this before on another forum. What about Shinobu? I know this is No More Heroes I'm talking about but isn't that a bit inappropriate? :lol

edit: Okay saw that it was already mentioned at that Nintendo site where it directed me back here. Some nice GAF -> Internet -> GAF action. Not going to look at the spoilers though. I'm just happy it was mentioned.

MNC said:
I think he is, actually. You see little squares and triangles come up when you use it. I wonder, what is added using this? Is it purely aesthetical?
I only watched a few minutes of the stage for #50 and he wasn't using it very much. I guess he sorta figured it out later.

No it's not!!!

I played Bioshockm 1 NMH 1, and in all honesty, NMH > Bioshock IMO D:

Can't wait to pick this up. Oh my wallet, it cries.

Boney

Banned
Ok, so I broke down... I was going to wait and get the game from USA, but after the trailer, I'm just going to pick it up down here along with Tatsunoko.

My poor wallet though...

Margalis

Banned
NMH is my favorite game of the past few years. I've been purposely avoiding this thread and information about the game so that I can come out the sequel sight unseen.

Agnates

Banned
They said they'd release a T and an M version to choose from in Europe. But who knows what's gonna happen now that any publisher is free to bid for the rights, maybe they'll only care to release one version...

Got my call to pick up my pre-order on Tuesday, won't be able to grab it until Wednesday though. So close to being able to finally play this game, yet so damned far.

Beat the game, Completion time:
Thirteen hours and 41 minutes

Overall I had a blast and I think there are a ton of improvements over the original game. I may have some gripes as well, but I think this is overall a much more refined game with the same unique charm. If you purchased and enjoyed the first one, there is no reason why you shouldn't get and love this one.

Any questions, let me know

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
robotzombie said:
Beat the game
robotzombie said:
Beat the game
robotzombie said:
Beat the game
robotzombie said:
Beat the game
robotzombie said:
Beat the game

1564ps3.jpg

No More Internet. This will be quite a desperate struggle for me. Spoilers will be everywhere. Everywhere!

Fuckers
2v02892.gif

Poyunch

Sort of sad you finished it so soon. I mean I knew the original was short but I was sort of wishing the sequel would be a bit longer.

Hiltz

robotzombie said:

Overall I had a blast and I think there are a ton of improvements over the original game. I may have some gripes as well, but I think this is overall a much more refined game with the same unique charm. If you purchased and enjoyed the first one, there is no reason why you shouldn't get and love this one.

What are the other beam katanas that Travis can buy besides the dual and long beam katanas ?

Are there are decent amount of new wrestling moves ?

Also, does Travis have any new special moves besides the Tiger transformation shown in the trailers ?

Lastly, what does the game have to offer in terms of unlockable content ?

Thanks.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
robotzombie said:

Not so much a question as a demand, but now I want you to leave this thread and not come back until next Sunday. About then is when you're allowed to talk about it.

SaintZ

Fuck, my store is getting the game on the 28th. The wait is unbearable! I've seen the first 3 walkthrough videos already dammit. I'm such a spoiler whore :(

Nekobo

Wow, that was quick robotzombie. I'm only about a 1/3 through. Unfortunately, the press kit spoiled a lot of stuff for me. i.e. the unlockables and the bosses. Try to avoid the spoilers, guys...you'll be treated to a lot of awesome surprises. Wish I could ditch work and marathon through the game tomorrow.

Top Bottom