• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

G.O.O.

Hiltz said:
What are the other beam katanas that Travis can buy besides the dual and long beam katanas ?

Are there are decent amount of new wrestling moves ?

Also, does Travis have any new special moves besides the Tiger transformation shown in the trailers ?

Lastly, what does the game have to offer in terms of unlockable content ?

Thanks.
I'd appreciate uncomplete answers to this, with teasing. :lol

AniHawk

Hey guys:

Mass Effect 2, TVC, and this game coming out on the same day is a fucking stupid idea. I just wanted to say that I hate everyone involved with that decision.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wtf, this game launches this week?

why was I not informed?

seady

AniHawk said:
Hey guys:

Mass Effect 2, TVC, and this game coming out on the same day is a fucking stupid idea. I just wanted to say that I hate everyone involved with that decision.

I think the game that will be affected the most is No More Heroes 2 :(
Mass Effect has the marketing behind it, Tatsunoko is a totally different breed of game.

AniHawk said:
Hey guys:

On the plus side, you can get TvC and NMH2 for $85 from TRU

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
AniHawk said:
Hey guys:

Here here. I was thinking of checking out TvC, but there's simply too much stuff coming out right now. Hopefully it doesn't become too rare down the line.

AniHawk

ShockingAlberto said:
On the plus side, you can get TvC and NMH2 for $85 from TRU

Yeah, I saw that. I might jump on that and get the $20 for ME2 too for something else in the future. I'm thinking Heavy Rain.

Sir Johnny

Neo Member
There must be some conspiracy regards to Wii games.
Why on Earth must ALL publishers try their best to send their Wii games to die the saddest humanely conceivable death?!
We europeans will save the day again, though. No matter the hazards.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
jaundicejuice said:
Ubisoft's master plan for success; no advertising, cluttered release day (launch window for that matter), ???, profit.
Well, the 27th IS 2 years to date of the last game...

Hiltz

jaundicejuice said:
Ubisoft's master plan for success; no advertising, cluttered release day (launch window for that matter), ???, profit.

I feel really bad for Grasshopper Manufacture. Here they are with their first big sequel and Ubisoft goes and screws things up yet again for the developer by not doing its job to advertise the game.

Well, the game's release date was pretty much set in stone back in late 2008 when it was announced that the game is expected to be released in January 2010. Besides, even if the game were to launch in February, it wouldn't matter much since there's some big titles coming out then such as Heavy Rain and BioShock 2.

hellclerk

Hiltz said:
I feel really bad for Grasshopper Manufacture. Here they are with their first big sequel and Ubisoft goes and screws things up yet again for the developer by not doing its job to advertise the game.

Well, the game's release date was pretty much set in stone back in late 2008 when it was announced that the game is expected to be released in January 2010. Besides, even if the game were to launch in February, it wouldn't matter much since there's some big titles coming out then such as Heavy Rain and BioShock 2.
Funny, I think NMH2 is the only game that going to hit its original release date that I've bought day one in the last year.

Also, some ad time would be ideal if Ubisoft would do it. I don't see why they can't, I mean, they have a ton of great material for it...

Hiltz

doomed1 said:
Funny, I think NMH2 is the only game that going to hit its original release date that I've bought day one in the last year.

Also, some ad time would be ideal if Ubisoft would do it. I don't see why they can't, I mean, they have a ton of great material for it...

Well, I can't wait to hear the idiotic excuse Ubisoft will have cooked up if NMH 2 potentially sells poorly. Hopefully, the Toys R Us $15 off deal will help promote good sales of NMH 2. I mean, I don't think it is a coincidence that the retailer chose this perfect time to offer such a deal since both Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and NMH 2 happen to come out on the same day.

hellclerk

Hiltz said:
Well, I can't wait to hear the idiotic excuse Ubisoft will have cooked up if NMH 2 potentially sells poorly. Hopefully, the Toys R Us $15 off deal will help promote good sales of NMH 2. I mean, I don't think it is a coincidence that the retailer chose this perfect time to offer such a deal since both Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and NMH 2 happen to come out on the same day.
Well considering Ubisoft's actual investment in the game, I don't think they'll say anything. They'll probably get their money back. It's Marvelous I'm worried about...

Hiltz said:
What are the other beam katanas that Travis can buy besides the dual and long beam katanas ?

Are there are decent amount of new wrestling moves ?

Also, does Travis have any new special moves besides the Tiger transformation shown in the trailers ?

Lastly, what does the game have to offer in terms of unlockable content ?

Thanks.

There are only 4 beam katanas, pretty disappointing. Travis's starter, the quick samurai one, the longsword, and the duals. You only have to buy the samurai and longsword. I'm not sure if there are any secret ones that can be unlocked.

There are 10 magazines that teach you one new move each. They appear either automatically from the story, or maybe from picking up items during missions.

I forget which ones were in the first one, but from the slots you can get, super fast killing, shooting fireballs that kill in 1 or 2 hits, tiger, big explosion. I think thats it. You can also manually turn on the super fast killing mode if you get a lot of hits and avoid damage by pressing minus when the tiger icon is red and has a white border around it

I honestly don't know. I beat the game and it dumped me right back into the story mode, where I was now able to pick the hardest difficulty. I got to keep my katanas and clothes though, but I didn't start playing enough to see if anything else was unlocked. I only beat Skelter Helter and saved. I'm afraid I may have missed some collectibles during the revenge missions, cuz I never searched out chests during those. That might be stopping me from unlocking things

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
AniHawk said:
Yeah, I saw that. I might jump on that and get the $20 for ME2 too for something else in the future. I'm thinking Heavy Rain.

$20 for ME2? Where are all these crazy deals

Vdragoon

Ubishit really does not deserve any sort of profit from this debacle.

Where is the advertisement for the game when the first one did good and the 2nd one has such a good chance at selling even more?

I mean, you'd really think that Ubisoft execs would be all like,

"Wow, we did absolutely nothing for the first game aside from the cost of printing the disks, and we made a pretty tidy profit on this retarded game that doesn't even have Tom Clancy in the title! I bet if we actually let people know this awesome sequel existed, we'd make even more profit!"

"lolz, just shit it out in stores the same day as a capcom fighting game and mass effect, and let's just hope it does the same as the first. And if if doesn't, we can just blame Nintendo."

Volcynika

Vdragoon said:
Ubishit really does not deserve any sort of profit from this debacle.

Where is the advertisement for the game when the first one did good and the 2nd one has such a good chance at selling even more?

Makes it even more amusing that the back of the box mentions "Game of the Year strikes back" or something :lol

(At least that's what I remember from a pic)

This game really did just sneak up and its pretty sad thinking it may be completely wiped out by Tatsunoko and ME2. Hopefully at least everyone who got the first one will get this one, because it is well worth it.

I feel really bad about saying this, but I might wait till the price drops on this. I bought the first day 1 and loved it and am really hyped for the sequel, but like others have said ME2 comes out the same day. I can't justify buying two games at once with what little free time I have and by the time I beat ME2 about five others games I want will be on shelves or around the corner. I'm sorry NMH2 but I must wait on you.

GillianSeed79 said:
I feel really bad about saying this, but I might wait till the price drops on this. I bought the first day 1 and loved it and am really hyped for the sequel, but like others have said ME2 comes out the same day. I can't justify buying two games at once with what little free time I have and by the time I beat ME2 about five others games I want will be on shelves or around the corner. I'm sorry NMH2 but I must wait on you.

Yeah, because ME2 will sell REAL bad, and Bioware is never given enough spotlight and exposure by their shitty publisher, right?

evil ways

doomed1 said:
GOD DAMNIT! WHAT DID I TELL YOU!

And damnit! This wait is killing me! And Amazon won't get it to me til the 29th and I have 1 day shipping!

Yeah it fucking sucks. I have this and TvsC on pre-order, so if amazon delays NMH2 for a few days, TvsC suffers as well.

Volcynika

I was hoping Amazon wouldn't let me down. Says it'll be released the 27th...I have two day shipping, and not here till Feb 1st (at least from their current estimate I see)

Maybe I'll still have it to come home to Friday! D:

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just so you guys know, don't let the GameStop advertising fool you. They can sell you any game street-dated for the 26th at tonight's Mass Effect 2/MAG midnight launch. This includes No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

ZealousD said:
Just so you guys know, don't let the GameStop advertising fool you. They can sell you any game street-dated for the 26th at tonight's Mass Effect 2/MAG midnight launch. This includes No More Heroes 2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
Yeah, I actually asked about that last time I was there, and I was told that the store was just open for business in general, so I could reasonably buy anything I wanted.

Hiltz

robotzombie said:
There are only 4 beam katanas, pretty disappointing. Travis's starter, the quick samurai one, the longsword, and the duals. You only have to buy the samurai and longsword. I'm not sure if there are any secret ones that can be unlocked.

There are 10 magazines that teach you one new move each. They appear either automatically from the story, or maybe from picking up items during missions.

I forget which ones were in the first one, but from the slots you can get, super fast killing, shooting fireballs that kill in 1 or 2 hits, tiger, big explosion. I think thats it. You can also manually turn on the super fast killing mode if you get a lot of hits and avoid damage by pressing minus when the tiger icon is red and has a white border around it

I honestly don't know. I beat the game and it dumped me right back into the story mode, where I was now able to pick the hardest difficulty. I got to keep my katanas and clothes though, but I didn't start playing enough to see if anything else was unlocked. I only beat Skelter Helter and saved. I'm afraid I may have missed some collectibles during the revenge missions, cuz I never searched out chests during those. That might be stopping me from unlocking things

Thanks for answering.

Oh, I found the Toys R Us $15 off deal. Unfortunately, you can only choose from a select amount of Wii titles so if you were planning on getting TvC with NMH 2, it doesn't look like the deal will apply to it.

The games you can choose from include titles such as New SMB Wii, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Galaxy, Rabbids Go Home, Smash Bros. Brawl, COD: MW Reflex, Animal Crossing: CF, Dead Space: Extraction, Final Fantasy: Crystal Bears, Need For Speed: Nitro and more than a handful lot of licensed games.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3991724&view=all

As of posting only 8 hours and 30 mins(EST) until the madness. Seeing as I have to work tonight it'll be interesting to see how many people are picking up NMH2 as I am here.

It's not alot that's for sure

A tip before anyone starts the game for those getting it tomorrow (I put a spoiler tag in case people want to know NOTHING, but there's really no spoilers):
Between each stage, "Revenge Missions" sometimes pop up. Once you do them they are gone, so make sure you open every chest in each one, in case there are collectible items in any of them. I found one in the last Revenge Mission, which made me realize I probably missed a bunch. I don't know if they do anything, but they may have some effect on end game unlockables, hidden ending, or whatever. I just wanted to let you guys know that before you started so you dont miss out.

Kapwan

Neo Member
I got this and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom from my local game store last Friday. I am really loving this game. They definitely improved things a lot but I feel like the many of bosses from the first game were more interesting the most of the ones I've faced so far. I haven't beat the game yet, I've just gotten to the section where you play as Shinobu. The reason for the delay is that I got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom as well which took up a good deal of my time. I would definitely recommend that if you haven't played the first game to go pick it up for $10 then play No More Heroes 2. You'll appreciate some of the in-jokes a lot more.

EzLink

Banned
I'm ranked 2 now in my replay of NMH... man the game flies by when you do NG+. I had enough money from the get go to where I didn't even have to do any jobs until I was ranked 4th. But yeah, they get tedious and I'm very glad this one is going to address that.

Also I forgot how much I loved the Bad Girl fight. There's some great dialogue there. Hell, the whole game is packed with awesome dialogue

Picking this up as soon as I get off work Wednesday. Can't fucking wait

Top Bottom