• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Akainu

robotzombie said:
5 hours in, the game really did improve on the original in pretty much every aspect.

Story is great so far with funny scenes, unique bosses, etc. I'm not missing the free roam map in the slightest. Playing with Jeane is fun, but the jobs to make money are kind of too long to be very fun. It seems like the pizza one is the easiest for me to make cash on so far. Fighting is as good as ever. I also cant help myself from playing that damn vertical shooter every time i go back to the motel, it is damn addicting.

Let me know if you guys have any questions
How far are you in? Are there any good money making jobs like the, I think, second to last assassin mission in the alley? I'd like to upgarde the katana as fast as soon as possible. That jacking off charging was never cute to me.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Akainu said:
How far are you in? Are there any good money making jobs like the, I think, second to last assassin mission in the alley? I'd like to upgarde the katana as fast as soon as possible. That jacking off charging was never cute to me.
2weyiy1.jpg

Nekobo

Totally agree with robotzombie. I'm only three hours in, but it outdoes the first game. It's even more absurd and wacky than I expected. The first batch of stages are a bit short, but I guess that has something to do with all those additional bosses.

As for the side jobs, they give you more money than the ones in the first NMH. They are certainly more fun, IMO. I was able to buy my first beam katana after doing one side job for a few minutes. It also helps that you don't have to pay a registration fee for the ranked fights, too.

I also noticed the game uses tracks from the No More Heroes Dark Side arrange cd. It's good music, but I was hoping for more original Masafumi Takada tunes.

Nekobo said:
Totally agree with robotzombie. I'm only three hours in, but it outdoes the first game. It's even more absurd and wacky than I expected. The first batch of stages are a bit short, but I guess that has something to do with all those additional bosses.

As for the side jobs, they give you more money than the ones in the first NMH. They are certainly more fun, IMO. I was able to buy my first beam katana after doing one side job for a few minutes. It also helps that you don't have to pay a registration fee for the ranked fights, too.

I also noticed the game uses tracks from the No More Heroes Dark Side arrange cd. It's good music, but I was hoping for more original Masafumi Takada tunes.

That's the best part! The game should be all bosses, no levels.

hellclerk

akachan ningen said:
No, because that would remove the OTHER fantastic part about the game, killing waves and waves of cannon-fodder minions. Seriously, the combat system for NMH is top notch...

Kevtones

As excited as I am for the NMH2, I really, really hope Suda reverts towards his more deliberate style ala Killer 7/Michigan. Not saying the latterest is great, but he's the closest thing we have to Lynch in this medium and JFuck, it's time for some push towards something greater.

doomed1 said:
No, because that would remove the OTHER fantastic part about the game, killing waves and waves of cannon-fodder minions. Seriously, the combat system for NMH is top notch...

You actually liked that? okay...

hellclerk

akachan ningen said:
You actually liked that? okay...
Fuck yeah. It was absolutely brilliant. Repetitive action combined with a violent motion to provide a split second of adrenaline and the physically impossible screams of the fallen. That's why the combat was able to hold its own so well. You DIDN'T like it? Okay...

doomed1 said:
Fuck yeah. It was absolutely brilliant. Repetitive action combined with a violent motion to provide a split second of adrenaline and the physically impossible screams of the fallen. That's why the combat was able to hold its own so well. You DIDN'T like it? Okay...

No, probably because I don't get an adrenaline rush from something like repetitive action. It would be nice if it was that easy.

hellclerk

akachan ningen said:
No, probably because I don't get an adrenaline rush from something like repetitive action. It would be nice if it was that easy.
no, you get the adrenaline rush from the violent movement. The repetitive action simply builds up to that point. It's the finishers that are truly the key. That's why the combat is so fantastic.

Arde5643

doomed1 said:
no, you get the adrenaline rush from the violent movement. The repetitive action simply builds up to that point. It's the finishers that are truly the key. That's why the combat is so fantastic.
+1

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can you still customise Travis' clothing? That was a great feature of the first game.

I Push Fat Kids said:
As excited as I am for the NMH2, I really, really hope Suda reverts towards his more deliberate style ala Killer 7/Michigan. Not saying the latterest is great, but he's the closest thing we have to Lynch in this medium and JFuck, it's time for some push towards something greater.

Yeah, as much as I like NMH, I would have preferred another game like Killer7.

G.O.O.

I Push Fat Kids said:
Problem is that Killer 7 got cut because of its megalomaniac ambitions (which still made a fantastic game, as it made you closer to the "simple pawn in a huge machine", I'm replaying it now btw). It's great, but I think the market needs something more accessible to move forward.

... if it does, as NMH isn't exactly recognized for its writing (and God knows that it should be...)

Maybe his EA project ?

doomed1 said:

I'm aware you fully responded but I have to say I've never fully agreed with someone more so than this with No More Heroes. I remember replaying the killing missions to purchase tsubaki(sp?) mk. III and I had forgoten about the time and was merely doing it for the above mentioned. 3-4 grunts with 1 finishing blow? Truly delightful & entertaining pure poetry in motion.

Dascu said:
Jackets, t-shirts, pants, shoes, sunglasses and belts.

Perhaps its me solely but I greatly appreciate now that we will be able to dress Travis in hoodies. Purely aesthetic sure but highly welcomed nonetheless.

Nekobo said:
Ubisoft went cheap with the instruction booklet...8 pages, black and white. NMH deserves better! Oh well, time to get my moe on...

Of course they did.
This is really why I wish XSeed had picked up the series instead.
It would get better treatment and probably a bit more advertising.

Urban Scholar said:
Perhaps its me solely but I greatly appreciate now that we will be able to dress Travis in hoodies. Purely aesthetic sure but highly welcomed nonetheless.

I think they look pretty bad though. Only the PS3 can give Travis's clothes the physics they need. :p

ILikeFeet

Banned
What's the word on the music? I see some Darkside tracks are on there, but how's the new ones? and the Bizarre Jelly anime (sans spoilers of course)?

EzLink

Banned
I just started replaying NMH, and I totally forgot their was New Game +. I'm tearing up fools so easily, its awesome. And I already have lots of money so I don't have to do all the side jobs

I definately should have it completed by tuesday

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Biolink said:
Pic of some concept work

Speaking of, I really hope I can unlock concept art again. I really enjoyed doing that the first time around.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So, was it an exaggeration when it was said there were upwards of fifty boss characters in the game? or
are like thirty of them that one cheerleader squad we saw in a trailer
?

Hag

So I have a question from the people who's playing early about the soundtrack. Any catchy songs like Stop Hanging DJ's? I can't wait to see the work of Masafumi Takada on this one :D

Nicktals

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
So, was it an exaggeration when it was said there were upwards of fifty boss characters in the game? or
are like thirty of them that one cheerleader squad we saw in a trailer
?

I think it's closer to the former, and being a bit of an exaggeration. I think the IGN review or preview said that about half of them are cut out near the beginning. If someone who got this early and beats it can share the total number of boss fights, I'd appreciate it!

Quick and simple question: the original NMH JP version had some differences to the NA version - mainly censored blood and some different music. The NA version retained the blood that was cut for the JP release, and replaces some music.

Is this trend the same for NMH2? Any additional changes?

Luigi87

jetsetfluken said:
Quick and simple question: the original NMH JP version had some differences to the NA version - mainly censored blood and some different music. The NA version retained the blood that was cut for the JP release, and replaces some music.

Is this trend the same for NMH2? Any additional changes?

The game isn't out in Japan as of yet (nor does it have a release date).

Luigi87 said:
The game isn't out in Japan as of yet (nor does it have a release date).

Oh. Strange. I guess it's safe to assume the NA release will retain everything and have nothing changed then (blood, music, etc).

Nekobo

ILikeFeet said:
What's the word on the music? I see some Darkside tracks are on there, but how's the new ones? and the Bizarre Jelly anime (sans spoilers of course)?

I'm still in the beginning, but I'm digging the overworld music and the music that plays when you play with Jeanne. It's very soothing.

The Bizarre Jelly anime opening is just...ridiculous. I'm glad nobody was in the room when I watched it.

Akainu said:

Err, the charging portion is a big part of the overall challenge and general franticness of the boss fights. You aren't taking it out because you don't think it is funny, you are taking it out because it makes the game easier.

akachan ningen said:

No.

ILikeFeet

Banned
Nekobo said:
I'm still in the beginning, but I'm digging the overworld music and the music that plays when you play with Jeanne. It's very soothing.

The Bizarre Jelly anime opening is just...ridiculous. I'm glad nobody was in the room when I watched it.

thanks. the anime would have been weird if it wasn't, well, weird.

cant wait

Hiltz

Nekobo said:

Good gravy, that's what I was in fear of. It's bad enough that I find the whole half-naked loli anime to be creepy, but I don't want other people in my house to see it while I'm playing. So embarrising. :lol

Question: Does Travis have any new attack moves and special moves besides the Tiger transformation and the new wrestling techniques ?

Hiltz said:
Good gravy, that's what I was in fear of. It's bad enough that I find the whole half-naked loli anime to be creepy, but I don't want other people in my house to see it while I'm playing. So embarrising. :lol

Question: Does Travis have any new attack moves and special moves besides the Tiger transformation and the new wrestling techniques ?

Just explain that you're playing a game based on Japanese culture.

About the cheerleader squad and boss numbers:

Yes the cheerleaders each count as a boss, even though its one boss fight. You go instantly from rank 50 to rank 25. However, I've gone one by one since then, so unless you fight some kind of twins or another group boss, it may be roughly 27 bosses or so.

Also about the jobs:

Frankly, I find the jobs kind of annoying. They take a little bit TOO long to go through. They are all fun on their own, but if you are playing them just to make money, I believe they could get pretty annoying pretty fast.

I think the easiest one for money is the steak cooking game. I get about 30,000+ from it consistently, and all you gotta do is hold A to cook the meat to the same color as what the guy asks for. The bug game is fun but a little too much for just a money making game. I HATE the road rash type game, but then again I hate road rash. The coconut game isn't anything special either way. The pipe game is pretty much pipedream, so if you like that game, you know what to do. The space garbage collecting game sucks and is really frustrating because you constantly get bounced around by meteors. Theres a tile game which can be quick or very annoying depending on you, and doesn't seem to give much money (unless you do it super fast maybe). If I'm leaving any out, its probably because I just don't care for them.

Any other questions, let me know

Poyunch

To those who have played the game, how many Dark Side Remixes have you noticed?

For some reason I feel like the remixes fit the sequel much more than they would have in the original. Do they fit the overall feel of the game?

theluma

If I import this, and play it with Gecko OS, will my save file work when I buy the PAL version (if it happens)?

Anyone done anything like this before?

G.O.O.

theluma said:
If I import this, and play it with Gecko OS, will my save file work when I buy the PAL version (if it happens)?

Anyone done anything like this before?
Doesn't work (at least it didn't with guitar hero metallica).

Top Bottom