• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
No doubt UbiSot forgot to send out review copies to everybody but IGN.

tmarques

ME2 *was* higher than this on my list, but NMH2 obviously needs the support, so I took one for the team. You guys owe me one.

ILikeFeet

Banned
just saw the Bizarre Jelly teaser. god. damn. o_O

EDIT:
tmarques said:
ME2 *was* higher than this on my list, but NMH2 obviously needs the support, so I took one for the team. You guys owe me one.

no we dont. you brought it on your own accord

tmarques said:

No, you owe us one for making you get such an awesome game.

yoopoo

Banned
Message from Gamefly: We've Shipped: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Wooo I shall play this game till Amazon ships ME2.

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
EatChildren said:
No doubt UbiSot forgot to send out review copies to everybody but IGN.

I got my review copy on Friday and barreled through it over the weekend. Embargoes lift tomorrow at noon EST, expect a flood of reviews then.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
JohnnyPanda said:
I got my review copy on Friday and barreled through it over the weekend. Embargoes lift tomorrow at noon EST, expect a flood of reviews then.

Who's cock did IGN suck to get theirs out early?

DaveKap

Banned
doomed1 said:
GOD DAMNIT! WHAT DID I TELL YOU!

And damnit! This wait is killing me! And Amazon won't get it to me til the 29th and I have 1 day shipping!

I have 2 day shipping and I'm getting it Feb. 1st. Either Amazon is slowly becoming a mediocre service (please god no) or NMH2 is actually selling out Amazon's warehouses... which I really hope is true considering how long it took them just to get me NSMB Wii.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add... Kotaku.com is completely covered in NMH2 advertising. Perhaps Ubisoft decided instead of TV airtime to a generic audience, they'd just plaster the thing all over game sites in order to target the audience the game is meant for anyway... core gamers. I dunno, seems logical to me.. despite the kind of attention I wish No More Heroes would get.

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
EatChildren said:

I dunno, but man, I want this embargo up right now. I wanna share my feeeeelings.

DaveKap said:
Either Amazon is slowly becoming a mediocre service (please god no) or NMH2 is actually selling out Amazon's warehouses... which I really hope is true

Kinda makes you wonder how many copies they got in in the first place, no?

EatChildren said:

IGN does this a lot, actually.
They promise the game more publicity in order to get the first review.
Too bad Ubisoft doesn't get that this game needs more than one site with a few ads in order to get it to sell....

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
EatChildren said:
Does it matter? They suck so much cock anyway that it would be difficult to pick out the particular cock. Seriously, they put this game an entire point up on the last game, and from what I can tell, the minigame problems haven't subsided. Do you know what showed up in the last two years? The popularity of the game despite its flaws. These guys can't look past the technical and honestly only gave this game a decent score because they were either payed off by Ubisoft, wanted to save some face after bukkakeing themselves with a recent rash of horrid content, wanted to be the cool guys this time, or a combination of any of those. It doesn't really matter though, because they're sucking the cock anyway. Call me when they get some journalistic integrity. I would say when they get it back, but I have the sneaking suspicion that they never had any in the first place.

/END RAGE

DaveKap said:
I have 2 day shipping and I'm getting it Feb. 1st. Either Amazon is slowly becoming a mediocre service (please god no) or NMH2 is actually selling out Amazon's warehouses... which I really hope is true considering how long it took them just to get me NSMB Wii.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add... Kotaku.com is completely covered in NMH2 advertising. Perhaps Ubisoft decided instead of TV airtime to a generic audience, they'd just plaster the thing all over game sites in order to target the audience the game is meant for anyway... core gamers. I dunno, seems logical to me.. despite the kind of attention I wish No More Heroes would get.
I actually changed my shipping to next day. The shipping situation is the same as Sky Crawlers was - terrible. For some terrible reason, they're not doing release day shipping for what seems to be smaller games. If they want me to continue buying stuff from them, I'll need a good reason...

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
doomed1 said:
Seriously, they put this game an entire point up on the last game, and from what I can tell, the minigame problems haven't subsided.

You mean the grind to get to the next ranking battle or what? The minigames are a lot different this time around.

EatChildren

doomed1 said:
Does it matter? They suck so much cock anyway that it would be difficult to pick out the particular cock. Seriously, they put this game an entire point up on the last game, and from what I can tell, the minigame problems haven't subsided. Do you know what showed up in the last two years? The popularity of the game despite its flaws. These guys can't look past the technical and honestly only gave this game a decent score because they were either payed off by Ubisoft, wanted to save some face after bukkakeing themselves with a recent rash of horrid content, wanted to be the cool guys this time, or a combination of any of those. It doesn't really matter though, because they're sucking the cock anyway. Call me when they get some journalistic integrity. I would say when they get it back, but I have the sneaking suspicion that they never had any in the first place.

Yeah, I know. I was kinda getting at "IGN dont give much insight, but have a review up, so where's the others hyping the game?".

The minigames are almost entirely optional in this game. I did every game only once, except for the pizza game and the tile game which I played around with a few times to get some cash. You only really need to do them if you think they are fun or if you want cash for clothes. Or if you are terrible at the gym leveling games and don't save/reload.

AniHawk

John Harker said:
$20 for ME2? Where are all these crazy deals

At Toys R Us tomorrow, you get a $20 gift card for any PS360 game $59.99 or more with a purchase of Mass Effect. You also get $15 towards any Wii game $39.99 or more with the purchase of No More Heroes 2.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Leopold said:
I think they should call it "No More Subtitles". I HATE games w/o subs.
Do you mean subtitles in English for the English version? Or do you mean French and Spanish subs?

Or are you talking about Japanese voices with English subtitles, because the original language this game was recorded in is English.

Leopold

doomed1 said:
Do you mean subtitles in English for the English version? Or do you mean French and Spanish subs?

Or are you talking about Japanese voices with English subtitles, because the original language this game was recorded in is English.

In english for the english version.

I'm about to head to my GameStop to get my copy of this and TvC. Classes today were brutal and I don't have them tomorrow so it's going to be NMH2 and TvC till dawn, most likely :lol

So far this year has blessed me with Bayonetta and NMH2 is the only other game this year I could see coming SLIGHTLY close to the same feeling I got from Bayonetta. Nothing will top that game, but Travis can have a nice spot under B-Dash.

Hiltz

Milabrega said:
Can you definitely do the Toys R Us deal TvC deal with NMH2 tomorrow or is it only on a limited selection of games?

Well, according to the ad, you have to choose from a limited selection of games and No More Heroes 2 is not included in the list. However, I went to Toys R Us earlier today and saw a sign in the games section of the store that said "1/26 in-store Tuesday:$15 off any $39.99 or higher Wii game with the purchase of TvC." The sign didn't say anything about having to choose from a limited selection of games.

I'm going there tomorrow to see if I can get Tvc and NMH 2 as part of the deal anyway. Hopefully ,the cashier either forgets that NMH 2 isn't actually part of the official list of limited selected games or he doesn't give a crap. It's worth a try. :D

By the way, I think Walmart is offering a $10 e gift card if you buy Tatsunoko vs. Capcom at their website.

Yeah, I'm almost positive there is a subtitle option in the menu.

Well tomorrow is the big day and I won't be special anymore :D Everyone enjoy this awesome game!

Hag

The overworld song is pretty catchy. I think I'm in love with the 8-Bit minigames/jobs... so nostalgic <3

Mael

doomed1 said:
Call me when they get some journalistic integrity. I would say when they get it back, but I have the sneaking suspicion that they never had any in the first place.

See you never then

Still no EU date?

Caj814

Is dark stepping removed or is the timing different?I can't seem to get it at all anymore when attempting it in the first boss battle.

JohnnyPanda

Neo Member
Caj814 said:
Is dark stepping removed or is the timing different?I can't seem to get it at all anymore when attempting it in the first boss battle.

Dark stepping is still there, I managed to do it by accident a couple times. My timing was always terrible for it to begin with, but it's indeed there.

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm two gripes so far. Well maybe it's me on the first one. Is it me, or Sylvia doesn't quite have the heavy accent as she did from the first? Second, at least so far, the phone calls are gone?!

Nemesis_

Magypsy23 said:

Yeah. Pre-orders were shipped out Monday (well mine was).

If you're going to import from Play-Asia, especially lesser known titles, it's almost essential to pre-order now.

BUT YOU KNOW, I DONT CARE COS MINE IS ON ITS WAY AND WILL BE HERE TOMORROW

:D

Vinnk

Should be arriving in Wisconsin soon. Then I need to get my friend to send it to me in Japan. About a week to go. I think I might have to leave this thread until then, you guys are likely going to be gushing about it and I have already spoiled too much of the game.

Magypsy23

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Yeah. Pre-orders were shipped out Monday (well mine was).

I pre-ordered mine in mid-December and I'm still seeing this:

mb0cqo.jpg

I got to work a few hours early today just so I can have more time to play this tonight. I'm pretty pumped, this is probably my most anticipated (announced) game of 2010 and its already coming out...so awesome.

Top Bottom