• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Salsa

Bisnic said:
Knowing Canada, we won't be able to buy the game here until tomorrow. :(

Knowing Uruguay, i wont be able to buy this game in a long time :( the fact that i have a pal console on an american country doesnt help either..

EzLink

Banned
I bought it before class today but I won't be able to crack it open until I get home a little after 9. Sad panda :(

Happy to see the overwhelmingly positive impressions though

Penguin

Haha 23 was pretty cool, though a little easy.

The death blow and the cutscene after it was awesome though.
"I just realized we're out of seats, just swim back okay. ":lol

Holy shit, the rank 49 fight was fucking amazing. :lol
"The UAA will now confiscate your robot."

I wonder if the framerate was intentional during that one cutscene.

Anony

anyone notice that in the cutscenes, they take out the filters
during game, there's this disgusting filter that makes everything washed up and the colours are duller

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I just picked this sexy beast up a few minutes ago.
Now to wait until February 10th before I can play it

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Alright, posted up the 4 big reviews. Other than that, I'm avoiding this thread like the plague until I get it in. See all of you in a couple of days.

Surgeon Rocket said:
I just picked this sexy beast up a few minutes ago.
Now to wait until February 10th before I can play it

Why the long wait? Also my mind must be on slow mo but your username is Jeanne's boss track name backwards no?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
It's weird in a way, isn't it?
This game should be way bigger than the first one.

But around this time the last go around, we had toilet paper events, Suda signings, Marvelous launch parties, more media running (at least online), frothing demand across several GAF threads... just more excitement in general.

I know it hasn't launched yet in Japan (is it?) or Europe yet, but still... feels kinda like a missed opportunity on the excitement bandwagon.

Feels kinda flat, which is disappointed, considering even critically NMH2 is doing really well.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Urban Scholar said:
Why the long wait? Also my mind must be on slow mo but your username is Jeanne's boss track name backwards no?
I don't have the Wii or a tv in my dorm room. I have to wait until I go back home, which just happened to be then and yeah, my name is Jeane's track backwards. It was kind of a coincidence at first though.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Damn I have too many games to play that just shipped too. Amazon just shipped NMH2:DS to me today but I haven't fiinished the first one yet. The last thing I did was fight the samurai girl. Do I need to finish the first game before I play the second?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
ab42h0.jpg

bigass version here

Poyunch

Well I got my friend to get No More Heroes 2 for me since I couldn't buy it myself today. The wait is killing me knowing so many are already enjoying it. Thankfully I have Tatsunoko vs. Capcom to distract me.

DaveKap

Banned
Trojita said:
Damn I have too many games to play that just shipped too. Amazon just shipped NMH2:DS to me today but I haven't fiinished the first one yet. The last thing I did was fight the samurai girl. Do I need to finish the first game before I play the second?

There are plenty of inside jokes and plot development that you won't understand if you don't play the original through at least half of the way (definitely need to beat it all of the way) but the best reason to play through the first is for the Rank 2 boss battle which has the best music in video gaming that year.

Trojita said:

Going to quite honest here but considering where you left off with part 1 you won't have the foggiest idea as to what's going on with part 2 as far as plot goes. If you really don't care for such then by all means play part 2.

Surgeon Rocket said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/ab42h0.jpg[IMG]

bigass version [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/4307267698/sizes/o/in/set-72157623164917955/"]here[/URL][/QUOTE]

Where did you get this?!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
so... I have the game.

I just played through that Bizarre Jerry 5 game, and watched the video I won.

God damn it, suda 51

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Urban Scholar said:
Where did you get this?!
Press Release from a banned site.

In addition to that, they've been releasing a few other pieces of artwork and promo cards with art from other Grasshopper staff members/guests

So good

G.O.O.

Caj814 said:
Part time Jobs:
Does anyone else love the
blowing into the cart sound and putting it in clip you hear before it starts
?:lol :lol :lol
That's just lovely.

Also love the third beam katana <3
the heavy one, with a huge reach

EDarkness

Got my copy on the way and can't wait to play it. I've been on media blockout for a few weeks now, but figured I'd add my name to the pile of people who are picking up the game. :)

Is anybody having freezing issues with this game? I picked up my copy along with TvC, I booted it up and the game freezes during the intro with a loud beep. I went back to return it for another copy and its freezing at the same damn part. WTFFFF.

This game wont play on my system for some dumb reason. I tried TvC and that works fine so its not the system. Does my system need to have an updated FW to play it or something?

EDIT: Never mind. I erased my save game and started over. My save must have been corrupted somehow which would cause the game to crash.

botticus

Wow, Amazon's going to manage to get me the game tomorrow after I had kinda resigned myself to waiting for a Friday delivery. At this point I think I will still wait for the weekend - gonna wrap up Firefighter before then so I can dedicate a couple of good 8 hour days to it. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The framerate is pretty shitty in some cutscenes, i wonder why they didn't even try to fix that. Otherwise the game is pretty fun. Only up to rank 25, but that
Power Rangers giant robot boss fight was unexpected
:lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just played about half an hour, it's already hilarious.
Travis and Sylvia breaking the fourth wall, Skelter Helter as a Cloud clone, Bizarre Jelly Shooter

Fun times.

Hiltz

Spent a little over an hour playing the game but only got to up to the first major boss fight. So far, I'm enjoying more than the first game and the quality is much better too.

Like:

- more moves which helps add depth to the game's original, simplified combat system

- graphics (like the darker look of the game)

- catchy music (overworld theme and the kill or be killed track are great)

- entertaining story (already seems better than the first one. It's cooler,crazier and more perverted !)

- new map menu system (intuitive, faster loading times)

- improved mission structure
(mini games are optional and you can replay them right away and you can also play the rank missions right away)

- finisher moves
against bosses (you don' just beat them and watch them fall down in slow motion like how it was in the first game

- Some fun mini games - BJ5, Jean, Bug Out, Coconut Collector and the Gym's two 2d mini games have been the most enjoyable so far

- Harder levels - I like how the mini games offer more variety by offering increasingly harder levels so they don't feel nearly as repetitive as the old 3D mini games in the first game

- 2D retro presentation for mini games and the ending of the boss battle rank results

- Motel Room
(you can actually move around in Travis's room to interact with objects)

- Better enemy AI (they're still mostly weak but they can actually team up against you)

- Destructible objects (it's not a big deal by any means but simple stuff like breaking random chairs and plants is kind of fun)

Don't Like:

- lack of camera control (camera still feels a bit wonky at times especially in tight corridors and environments full of clutter like in the first major boss battle).

- annoying music played in the clothing store

- first major boss fight was pretty chaotic and frustrating due to having to
dodge the boss's projectile attack and the lasers in the room

- some of the mini games I don't care for like "Lay the Pipe" and "Pizza with a Vengagence"

Figured I would give impressions in this thread as well. I finished this game in about 13 and a half hours on mild (bought about half of the clothes so far, working on the rest on New Game plus). Really liked everything, from the combat and especially the mini-games. I think I maxed out strength and Stamina as well, but still had only 97% collectibles...Of all the things I liked, I Really enjoyed some of the new bosses like
New Letz Shake, the weird lolimech thing...Alice, and that very interesting Margret girl, with a close tie to that cosmonaut guy I ONLY hated the 2nd form on Pizza Butt (sorry, but pizza 'Bat" was just...ugh)

However, my negative side has a few questions in regards to the story (bare in mind, my issues have to do with the re-occurring characters, not the new characters!) For those who finished the game:
Was I the only one who wanted to strangle Travis for not even kissing Shinobu? Maybe it has to do with the fact that she reminds me of my ex-fiancee...but dear god, why Sylvia over here!?! /rant Also, still really peeved that Henry was all in all a cameo character, though I loved the time I had playing as him =p

I will attempt to go through Bitter soon, but as far as the ending goes on Mild....what the fuck? (I've always hated Sylvia....)I mean, it leaves it open to the story continuing I guess, but I think to me it raises more questions as well! Then again, that may be a fault with my personality, always wanting to explore characters more =p If Suda does continue the series as a spin-off, I hope those questions are dealt with a bit

Just my two cents...ugh, this should be fun/frustrating on Bitter!

Threi

notag
Penguin said:
Haha 23 was pretty cool, though a little easy.

The death blow and the cutscene after it was awesome though.
"I just realized we're out of seats, just swim back okay. ":lol
I liked how
her ass jiggled as you sliced her up
:lol

G.O.O. said:
That's just lovely.

Also love the third beam katana <3
the heavy one, with a huge reach
I love it too.
It's really useful against the larger enemies and groups, much better than Tsubaki MK-II from the first game.

Dizzle24

Played about 3 and 1/2 hours today....FUCKING AWESOME.
I love the music that plays in the Motel apartment when your just chilling out...so serious.
And the new assortment of clothes at the Store is sweet.
You can buy SHOES now! :lol

Can't wait to fuck some more shit up tonight! :D

Penguin

Took a break a bit ago, but just a question concerning I believe rank 7 fight.

Is there any way to dodge or destroy the energy dragon thingie he shoots at you, and is there any better way to wear down his health?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Penguin said:
Took a break a bit ago, but just a question concerning I believe rank 7 fight.

Is there any way to dodge or destroy the energy dragon thingie he shoots at you, and is there any better way to wear down his health?

Not really,
the best way is to just wait for him to charge up his thrust attack, dodge at the last second, and get a combo in. He's really easy if you do it that way. Fight takes a while, but you'll beat him.

Oh, and once you get the dual beam katanas (I doubt I need to spoiler that...it's on the freakin' boxart :lol ), there's literally NO need to use anything else ever again. Combine that with the
step-in slash you get from getting Jeane's weight down
, and it's pretty much god mode from there on out.

Played about 2 hours. This game is fucking amazing. At rank 25 and I've loved every second of the game so far. This NEEDS to sell!

By the way, anyone else addicted to the overworld music? Catchy as fuck.

thefro

YuriLowell said:
For some reason im having a hell of a time trying to get the strength minigame down.

Any Tips?

Having the same issue here, I was able to power through the first round by just spamming the punch button, but there's something I'm not getting as far as the hit detection goes for the punches. I have no problem with the kicks.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
thefro said:
Having the same issue here, I was able to power through the first round by just spamming the punch button, but there's something I'm not getting as far as the hit detection goes for the punches. I have no problem with the kicks.

You basically have to wait until the very last second for the punches. But yeah, it can be a hassle. I was SO glad once I completed all the training minigames, so I never had to do them again. :lol

God why is 24 so much harder then 23, 23 was a huge let down, I also hate the gym.
Also I think they un shipped this game, had to go to gamestop and it was there last copy.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Some minor complaints in the 2nd one compared to 1st one: 1. Wii mote speaker not used as a cell phone (booo!) 2. in combat, no easy way to tell if you're in a high or low stance on the fly.

don't understand really the decision to remove either of those elements

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Actually really enjoying it thus far. Big improvement on the first game in most ways and is what the original probably should have been. :D

- catchy music (overworld theme and the kill or be killed track are great)
One thing I've noticed is that they are using a lot of tunes that first appeared on the "No More Heroes Darkside" soundtrack released not too terribly long after the original game.

in combat, no easy way to tell if you're in a high or low stance on the fly.
Yeah, that's annoying as well. The way I hold my hand causes the stance to change constantly as well. :\

Finally got home and was able to play a few fights.
Soooooooooooooooo good.
The music is top notch (and the addition of Darkside Remix is awesome).
All the little blips and blurp sounds are well done.
The 4th wall breaking and call backs to the first game just make me giddy.

Oh, and best of all, the Bizarre Jelly video had me busting a gut.
:D

Ah dammit, my parents are using the TV downstairs. I really want to play. Anyone know the name of the overworld theme so I can listen to it while I wait?

Caj814

Wow,I ended up playing almost nonstop since last night and I'm already at the last 3 rank battles :lol

Darkstep is still in like someone said but I also got it by accident a couple times.I'm guessing it's changed to "Just Frame" execution where it has to be perfect every time.Makes it incredibly risky to use and the payoff doesn't seem as good as before either(didn't get a dizzy from the ones I pulled off).It's better to just do evasive rolls.

Also for those who are starting out.

PLAY WITH YOUR PUSSY CAT!Every time you have the opportunity,make sure Jeane works out and if she's not in the mood give her the best food first(1000).It will be worth it!
You get an awesome new move for doing so

Nicktals

Banned
Beat it tonight!

I played on sweet, and beat it in like 8 hours. I didn't get any revenge missions, so I'm guessing these only happen on mild and bitter?

Overall I'm kind of mixed on it, but I'm going to wait to type up any extensive thoughts until I play through again on a higher difficulty.

Top Bottom