• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

kinggroin

Banned
damnit. First the cell phone use is out, now the cool intro voices? : (

It's the little touches that made up the charm in the first game. Ah well. About 10 minutes left to finish the HDD install, then I'm off to play!

Caj814

Ridley327 said:
Well, I can't be the only one who misses the awesome machine voice intros for the bosses.

Yeah,those too were awesome as well.If NMH2 sells well enough(I hope even better than NMH1)Suda needs to be notified that some of the presentation aspects that are missing should be returned.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Caj814 said:
So I'm not the only one who misses THE GARDEN. . . OF MADNESS!

I'm sad it's gone. I'm sad a few features in the first game are gone, too.

But damn they sure did a number on the graphics. This has to be one of the best looking titles I've played on the system.

Also, what's up with the beam katanas not having any visible stats?
And why is the gym so damn hard! heh

Nicktals

Banned
Wait, I never fought the (this has been shown in trailers but I'll spoiler anyways)
Flute Girl.

Can someone who has beaten it on mild fill me in? Is it a revenge battle? I haven't fought any of those yet, as apparently they don't have them on sweet.

Threi

notag
The Gym really pisses me off. The big dumbells the dude throws, especially. I HIT THEM DAMMIT.

There should be a points system instead of having to do a completely flawless run. It's such a money drain.

Also: the
matt helms
fight made me wonder: do the katanas have different weight to them? It seemed impossible to win the clashes with one katana, then i switched to a different one and had no problem.

Regarding music: The overworld and battle themes are way better in this game (kill or be killed mix ftw) but so far I feel that the original game had better boss themes. Let's see if that changes when I progress.

Nicktals

Banned
Threi said:
The Gym really pisses me off. The big dumbells the dude throws, especially. I HIT THEM DAMMIT.

There should be a points system instead of having to do a completely flawless run. It's such a money drain.

matt helms
fight made me wonder: do the katanas have different weight to them? It seemed impossible to win the clashes with one katana, then i switched to a different one and had no problem.

Regarding music: The overworld and battle themes are way better in this game (kill or be killed mix ftw) but so far I feel that the original game had better boss themes. Let's see if that changes when I progress.

I don't know if it's because I was on sweet, but I didn't have to do completely flawless runs for the muscle mini game. I think it does works off points, of some sort. (and I agree, I wish whatever criteria it uses was spelled out.) But when I got to the last couple, I got hit a couple times and still passed.

Salsa

Surgeon Rocket said:
ab42h0.jpg

bigass version here

wallpaper !

NotWii

Banned
Copy finally arrived this morning, been playing it nonstop on MILD
It's great, but I got a few things bugging me

Pros:
- Bosses are insanely cool
- Ranked fights require no entry fee :D
- Sidejobs are fun this time
- Shinobu

Cons:
- Boss attacks seem to be much more predictable and easy this time (with the exception of the 4th boss), in NMH, when the boss was just about to die, that's when they'd be most dangerous with their insta-kill attacks.
- Miss the overworld, even if it was kinda crappy
- Music is not as good so far, a bit too much reliance on the Dark Side OST, which I already listened to death years ago
- Boss battle themes are not as memorable as NMH1, they even re-used a few for different bosses :/
- Where are the boss encounter intros with the robot voice? :/
- Cellphone conversations before a bossfight? :/
- Shinobu jumping :/
- Gym is BS

Threi said:
matt helms
I struggled on that fight for a while with the green sword :|

Threi

notag
Nicktals said:
Wait, I never fought the (this has been shown in trailers but I'll spoiler anyways)
Flute Girl.

Can someone who has beaten it on mild fill me in? Is it a revenge battle? I haven't fought any of those yet, as apparently they don't have them on sweet.
after matt helms and before cloe walsh, you need to go back to your hotel to get a fax for kimmy howell. She is climbing up the ranks as well and is trying to take your spot.

I've only been playing 6 hours and I'm already Rank 3, and have only bought 1 beam katana from Naomi.

Margaret was a bitch to fight!

I'm playing on Sweet mode, as I started on Mild and was instantly getting my ass kicked. Sweet mode is definitely not as easy as it sounds...like I said that one boss was a bitch. >_<;

Do I get the dual beam katanas soon? :eek:

I need help from anyone that's beaten the game:
I'm fighting the rank 1 opponent which is that stupidass bald kid and once I had lowered his health to a point it seems like its not decreasing despite the assraping I'm giving him.

MiniDitka

Nicktals said:
Beat it tonight!

I played on sweet, and beat it in like 8 hours. I didn't get any revenge missions, so I'm guessing these only happen on mild and bitter?
Thats odd, I'm playing it on sweet an have had 5 already and I'm only ranked 23rd.

EzLink

Banned
Amazingly good. Ranked 25 now and everything thus far has epitomized the definition of fucking badass and awesome. This game is totally surpassing all hopes I had for it. Work tomorrow is gonna suck :/

Threi said:
after matt helms and before cloe walsh, you need to go back to your hotel to get a fax for kimmy howell. She is climbing up the ranks as well and is trying to take your spot.

I actually
got the fax after Charlie.

Anyway, just beat
Matt Helms
. Is it just me, or is the framerate all over the place during cutscenes? It doesn't bother me that much but it's something I noticed.

Nekobo

silverbullet1080 said:
I need help from anyone that's beaten the game:
I'm fighting the rank 1 opponent which is that stupidass bald kid and once I had lowered his health to a point it seems like its not decreasing despite the assraping I'm giving him.

You have to hit him while he's charging towards you.

Anony

okay, i'm at the last boss, most fucken ridiculous boss ever
his drugged up form, fucken ridiculous health, impossible to constantly dodge his attacks, teleports everywhere, ONE FUCKEN HIT KILLS OUT THE FUCKEN WINDOW, got his life to 3 bars left and a good portion of health left, and one hit kill
died 5 times now, quitting
i mean, i dont mind a hard boss, but fuck off suda, the last boss is fucken stupid

side note, how do you get bullet time when you dodge

hampig

Hey, quick question. Are there any more unlockables for the tv? I have beat the Bizarre Jelly stage 1, and was hoping for some more stages, or maybe different games. Am I out of luck?

EzLink

Banned
So I just did the first revenge mission and what the fuck
was that all about? I got a fax saying a chick wanted to challenge me at the university. I head out and choose revenge mission, it takes me to some underpass, and a lame timed fight against 10 random thugs ensues.
Major WTF unless I'm totally missing something here

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anony said:
okay, i'm at the last boss, most fucken ridiculous boss ever
his drugged up form, fucken ridiculous health, impossible to constantly dodge his attacks, teleports everywhere, ONE FUCKEN HIT KILLS OUT THE FUCKEN WINDOW, got his life to 3 bars left and a good portion of health left, and one hit kill
died 5 times now, quitting
i mean, i dont mind a hard boss, but fuck off suda, the last boss is fucken stupid

side note, how do you get bullet time when you dodge

You think that's bad?

That's not even his last form.

EzLink said:
was that all about? I got a fax saying a chick wanted to challenge me at the university. I head out and choose revenge mission, it takes me to some underpass, and a lame timed fight against 10 random thugs ensues.

The Kimmy mission isn't the revenge mission. The Kimmy mission takes the place of the ranking battle on the menu.

EzLink said:

It
takes the place of the ranking match. Revenge fights are just like the assassin missions in the first game. After you beat her, you go right back to who you were going to fight.

Edit: Beaten

Bought the game today from Gamestop and noticed they had over 15 copies of it. I also noticed they aren't reserves because they were giving away reserve copies from a box. I hope they sell out quick :D

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:
Well, I can't be the only one who misses the awesome machine voice intros for the bosses.

You're definately not the only one. I've been playing NMH2 since yesterday morning. I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed. The bosses in the first game were larger than life. Nothing I had ever encountered before. But, these seem to be the same with a few more tweeks. I do like the new overworld, but I do miss riding the bike around. That was part of Travis' persona. The mini games are cool. However, I miss the contract killings from the first game.

AniHawk

I almost didn't get this game at the TRU I went to today because they were almost sold out.

I also sorta haggled $15 off Mass Effect 2 with this game on accident. No one really knew what was going on though. Long story short: I remembered reading CAG, that there was $15 a Wii game in the form of a gift card when you bought NMH2. There was a $15 promo thing in their computer so they went ahead and gave it to me on a gift card. I went home, saw it was actually $15 off a Wii game when you buy a Wii game with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, went back, and... they went ahead and let me keep/use the gift card after I told them what the deal really was.

Hiltz

I'm a little more than 5 hours into the game. Impressions below.

- I'm starting to like the space garbage mini game. It takes some skill though.

- The scorpion colleting mini game is just as dull as the one in the first NMH game.

- Shinobu rocks! Not sure what Grasshopper Manufacture was thinking when it came to the platforming though. Her jumping could use some fine tuning.

I wonder if Suda 51 would be interested in making an original game staring Shinobu. She's quite fun to play as especially with her special attack and jumping combo.

- I didn't really like fighting boss
Dr. Letz Shake
. His main attack was just annoying.

- The boss fight intro against
Charlie Mcdonald
was ridiculously cool.

- Didn't enjoy fighting boss
Million Gunman
due to the platforming sections and having to constantly locate the boss without the use of manual control camera.

-
New Destroy Man's
death was cool. I really enjoyed his short but sweet intro. Probably by favorite boss so far.

- I found boss
Matt Helms
to be quite easy while using the long beam katana.

- The short list of one-liners from the standard enemies and even the bosses are repetitive and quite annoying.

NotWii

Banned
Up to Rank 2 fight, OMG this is awesome
And I need the music from the Rank 4 fight

So far, only Rank 24 and Rank 7 have been difficult for me

G.O.O. said:
The tiger D: D: D:
YA, HOOOOLYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT D: D: D:

Also the secret move you learn is AMAZING

G.O.O.

I miss the hard guitar riff more than the voice. For me it was a reference to Killer 7, nothing more (a cool reference though).

I'm also 5 hours into the game, but didn't fight 23 yet... am I just slow ? Is it because I'm on mild ? Anyway, It seems that I'll have a longer playthrough, haha.

The
prison
level is pure badassery (or maybe it's because of the FUCKING TIGER HOLY SHIT).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
kinggroin said:
No excuse. Shattered memories gave us the option for both wiimote speaker and external speaker.
Did it? I started the game with the Wii-mote speaker volume down and there were no sounds from the phone playing through my receiver. I only receive that audio with the Wii-mote speaker enabled.

I really hated that as it was very difficult to hear everything due to audio break-ups that I always get with the Wii. :\ In concept, it is cool as hell, but it definitely doesn't work well for me.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, I've definitely noticed a distinct lack of "special touches" in this game. It feels reigned in all around. A better, more polished game to be sure, but without some of the charm.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Doing a second playthrough of Mild, to see if collecting all the collectibles has any effect on the ending. Already up to Rank 5. Only took about 3 and a half hours to get there, too. :lol Got 100% collectibles now, but I'm wondering if I should try buying all the clothes too. 'Cause if it turns out you need to have 100% on the clothes, and I have to replay the game AGAIN because of it, I'm not gonna be happy. :lol It's just that grinding up all that money would take AGES.

Nicktals

Banned
MiniDitka said:
Thats odd, I'm playing it on sweet an have had 5 already and I'm only ranked 23rd.

WTF!

I didn't get the fight against the flute girl, and I didn't get any revenge missions....

Well, maybe they'll show up on my next playthrough...

Top Bottom