• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gametrailers review was weird. Had nothing but praise and picked up an 8.2.

So weird when scores never seem to match the words.

Salsa

allright, after
letz shake (wich was a nice surprise btw)
i can say the bosses are being way easier :-/ , i had to let it hit me only cause i wanted to see what it did... i really hope it gets harder

Kintaro said:
Gametrailers review was weird. Had nothing but praise and picked up an 8.2.

So weird when scores never seem to match the words.
These review scores are really inconsistent.
The Gamespot reviewer said that NMH2 was an overall improvement upon the first one but they gave it a lesser score. The same with GT review.
Oh well, who cares. Fuck Europe, I want this game:(

In half an hour I cleared my way to the first ranking battle. In the process I think I've seen my ecstasy mode unleashed, mauled thugs as a tiger(!), unleashed beat katana powers, and attacked everything on speed. If its wrong to play a game were you suplex enemies in all manners and cut them like a hot knife through butter I dare say that's madness people. Now this is violence I want in my games. Damn I say gentlemen, hot damn.

Caj814

Chairhome said:
Thanks guys. I was under the impression that you unlock them and play a full playthrough with them.

WE WISH! =(

Anyways I finally was able to beat the game and as for the strategy I used. . .it was the most simple thing that I didn't think of until I was getting desperate.

Rank 1 Strategy:
RUNNNNNNNNNN!For his 2nd forms Teleport punches,DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DODGE,DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BLOCK,JUST RUN AND DON'T HAVE LOCK ON ACTIVATED!I was able to evade them 75% of the time this way and felt stupid for not doing it sooner.The same goes for the Tornado Punches along with a roll or two.

Ending:
The killing blow was fuckin tame compared to what I REALLY wanted to see!The ending was abrupt as well and wasn't as satisfying as the first game,especially since I didn't get another Henry fight,unless you need crazy requirements to activate it.

Overall it was a huge improvement game mechanics wise but it lost a good amount of the charm from the first one along the way.If Suda 51 really didn't have as much control this time around he'll definitely need to be on board with more of his decisions for the next one.

Also:
DOWNWARD DOG!
:lol

A little under 7 hours in. Just beat
Mimmy. Playing as Henry was actually pretty fun. Shinobu; not as much. She was still fine, but I would've rather fought Destroymen with Travis. Also, Ryuji has been my favorite boss so far. Dual-wielding is really awesome.

It really feels like it's going to end soon. If it does, I'm replaying this on Bitter. This game is too good to just zip through in under 10 hours or so.

GWX

Just finished the unranked fight with
Kimmy Howell
. I wish it was a surprise tho, the very first gameplay trailer spoiled it :/

Come to me after you graduate and I'll school again.

:D

Are there more unranked matches on the way? I'm still ranked as #24, btw.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Sadist said:
Over at the Rising Star Games forums they can't talk about it. Oh well :(

I honestly think that now there's a chance the game will never see the light under RSG.
Marvelous announced yesterday that they've sold their stake of the company, which has now been acquired by another japanese publisher for mobile and pc content. All future games will be handled per publisher, like what happens in the US with XSeed for Muramasa and Ubi for NMH.
I think Ubisoft might now get the rights of NMH for EU as well after all.

They're probably working out a deal now, what's unclear it's if the deal with the new parent company of RSG included NMH2 (which has already been translated partly/fully and was in QA testing).

Damn, I don't want Ubi's sad booklets. -__-

Just beat
Margaret. Those weapons are awesome. I've always loved the idea of having gun barrels put in the false ends of melee weapons.

I really wish the names were said before the battle. As someone said, I've already forgotten most of them. I guess some of them being generic really doesn't help.

NotWii

Banned
robotzombie said:
I didn't watch the trailer, and normally video game stories don't affect me in any way,
but when I saw that scene, I actually felt pissed and the tiniest bit sick to my stomach because I actually believed it. It was a good scene
Me too, it also makes you
reflect on your actions in the first game, just mindlessly killing everyone.

The Hermit

I don't get the yoga pose reference...

Anyway I think they only let you know the bosses name after you kill them is on purpose... as if you/Travis don't care who he/she is and just want it dead.

Anyway I am still hopping for a bonus content... near the end Naomi said her latest invention would take a while, that it was better to start earning money for it.

Akai

cosmicblizzard said:
I really wish the names were said before the battle.

I can't believe they got rid of the raspy voice intros...It added a lot of flavor to the original... =(

I do think that the first bunch of bosses are
fairly generic on purpose in terms of names, because they are SUPPOSED to be forgettable...They are low on the totem pole...Then when you hit the Top Ten you start hitting the one word names and memorable faces...

Also, the fight against
Margaret is one of my favorite ever, even beating out Bad Girl...Just the whole atmosphere, the lyrics in the song relating to what's going on in the fight, and the sickening, yet oddly emotional, death sequence really etched itself into my mind
...Now I can't stop listening to the boss music track... =(

I feel kind of pissed that I missed flute girl and I am not even bothering to get the revenge missions, such a stupid design flaw.

edit:Gugh this game is worse then the first one by far, between the gym, jobs, no assassination missions, I am starting to hate this game.

yankeeforever2 said:
I feel kind of pissed that I missed flute girl and I am not even bothering to get the revenge missions, such a stupid design flaw.

edit:Gugh this game is worse then the first one by far, between the gym, jobs, no assassination missions, I am starting to hate this game.

huh?!

yankeeforever2 said:

Uhh, the revenge missions ARE assassination missions...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
yankeeforever2 said:

wat

The gym is freaking easy for most part. The jobs are mostly easy and fun and its not hard to buld money. The revenge missions are identical to assassination mission.

Akai said:
I can't believe they got rid of the raspy voice intros...It added a lot of flavor to the original... =(

I do think that the first bunch of bosses are
fairly generic on purpose in terms of names, because they are SUPPOSED to be forgettable...They are low on the totem pole...Then when you hit the Top Ten you start hitting the one word names and memorable faces...

Also, the fight against
Margaret is one of my favorite ever, even beating out Bad Girl...Just the whole atmosphere, the lyrics in the song relating to what's going on in the fight, and the sickening, yet oddly emotional, death sequence really etched itself into my mind
...Now I can't stop listening to the boss music track... =(

Yeah, it's a great fight. I just wish they said more. It's almost gotten to the point of them just saying "O hai, wanna fight? K" and then after that, it's "Oh look, I dead. Kthxbi." I know there wasn't really a ton of dialogue with a lot of the bosses in the first game, but you at least got a feel for their character. Here, they're dead before you even care about them.

EatChildren said:
wat

The gym is freaking easy for most part. The jobs are mostly easy and fun and its not hard to buld money. The revenge missions are identical to assassination mission.
The jobs are.......fun, that just blew my mind.

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, it's a great fight. I just wish they said more. It's almost gotten to the point of them just saying "O hai, wanna fight? K" and then after that, it's "Oh look, I dead. Kthxbi." I know there wasn't really a ton of dialogue with a lot of the bosses in the first game, but you at least got a feel for their character. Here, they're dead before you even care about them.
Yeah, other then maybe number 10 no one was really built before the boss battle.

yankeeforever2 said:

Maybe there's some sort of hidden "Super Guide Mode" for you to play on?

Check Gamefaqs.

Mayor Haggar said:
Maybe there's some sort of hidden "Super Guide Mode" for you to play on?

Check Gamefaqs.
I give up, the game is perfect, jobs are fun, the gym is awesome, the bosses are godly, and the game is structured in a great way.
Well yeah the revenge missions are the assassination missions now, but there are no revenge missions which I always found fun to do without getting hit

Threi

notag
yeah I dislike the Gym, but the jobs are far, far better in this game than in the original...not to mention you don't really have to do them at all.

Also from what i've played the game seems to become more enjoyable (gameplay and storywise) in the second half.

Wait... so how exactly do you miss these assassination or revenge missions? Sounds like a design flaw. I'm about to pick the game up and don't want to miss out on anything.

somedevil

riceandbeans said:
Wait... so how exactly do you miss these assassination or revenge missions? Sounds like a design flaw. I'm about to pick the game up and don't want to miss out on anything.

After fight #24 you leave your house and lets say do a job and when its done you go back to your motel room and you then get a fax and then you open up the assassination missions.

Threi said:
yeah I dislike the Gym, but the jobs are far, far better in this game than in the original...not to mention you don't really have to do them at all.

Also from what i've played the game seems to become more enjoyable (gameplay and storywise) in the second half.
there is nothing wrong with the story and gameplay, Also, I like they got rid of the bike, The jobs in this game are 2-D shit instead of 3-D shit to me, not one good game in them(and they brought back the worst 3-D game too). The game design is just a mess though, between the long cut scenes in the beginning with little fighting, to the first 40 rankings actually being 5-6 boss fights, and just the mix of 2-D mini games inside a 3-D main games is just a bad idea all together.
somedevil said:
After fight #24 you leave your house and lets say do a job and when its done you go back to your motel room and you then get a fax and then you open up the assassination missions.
If you go straight to 23, welcome to my club.

somedevil

yankeeforever2 said:
If you go straight to 23, welcome to my club.

I actually unlocked the assassination missions after going pass 23 and higher. After I finished a ranking fight I went out did a job or the mission preview and then went back to my hotel and unlocked it.

Also the jobs are much better then the first one. Love bug busters. Also, the gym is better I actually got strength this time. I didn't unlock any in the first one.

somedevil said:
I actually unlocked the assassination missions after going pass 23 and higher. After I finished a ranking fight I went out did a job or the mission preview and then went back to my hotel and unlocked it.
Did it and nothing happened but hey will try it again.

NotWii

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Return to your motel, and they should appear

somedevil

yankeeforever2 said:
Did it and nothing happened but hey will try it again.

I unlocked after I hit rank 5 after a long message. I left my hotel and I not sure what did after that. Try a job or the gym or just go right back the motel and thats how I unlocked it.

somedevil said:
I unlocked after I hit rank 5 after a long message. I left my hotel and I not sure what did after that. Try a job or the gym or just go right back the motel and thats how I unlocked it.
wow same happen with me, rank 5 too.

Quick question. So I'm going through the rank 50 area and I broke open a chest and what looks like a magazine is floating there. I picked one up in the first part of the level but can't seem to pick this one up. Anyone encounter this problem?

sevenchaos said:
Quick question. So I'm going through the rank 50 area and I broke open a chest and what looks like a magazine is floating there. I picked one up in the first part of the level but can't seem to pick this one up. Anyone encounter this problem?

Those are for the ecstasy gauge, if it's already filled, you can't pick it up. It LOOKS like a collectible though.

sevenchaos said:

I don't think you actually pick up the magazines, just learn the moves from them.
At least that's what I assume, since I never can pick them up, but seem to keep getting new wrestling moves.

Edit: Never mind. Guess that just shows how little I get hit and need to fill my Ecstasy Gauge. Heh.

sevenchaos said:
it is ecstasy(tiger meter), if you are full you can't pick it up.

Top Bottom