• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Salsa

just finished it, 9:30 hours of playtime in mild, the
second form of the last boss
was easily the hardest moment for me, and basically the only part in the game when i died a couple of times. It was an overall fun ride, the ending
came a little too fast and was kind of "meh" compared to the first one,
but is ok. i still prefer the first one, but mainly because of the music.

Nicktals

Banned
Urban Scholar said:
Well I finally got the darkstep down and no fights are half as short. Still find it quite funny that I could never do it with part 1.

How do you do it? Because I think I did it once without ever hitting the D-pad.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nicktals said:
I've never used the d-pad to darkstep, even in the first. As far as I know you have to double-tap in a direction at a precise moment, in NMH1 it was right after you blocked an attack, but with NMH2 it seems to work when you do it just before the enemy lands an attack.

Nicktals

Banned
pablitomm_uy said:
hit the analog stick left or right in the last possible moment before the attack hits you

Easy_D said:
I've never used the d-pad to darkstep, even in the first. As far as I know you have to double-tap in a direction at a precise moment, in NMH1 it was right after you blocked an attack, but with NMH2 it seems to work when you do it just before the enemy lands an attack.

Thanks guys. I couldn't remember how to do it in NMH1, as it's been a while since I replayed it. But maybe I'll start working on getting the timing down.

Oh, and I don't think it's double tap...Or I don't think I'd have pulled it off as many times as I have by accident!

The 7th ranked battle is pretty cheap.
I didn't feel like doing the easy way of charging and hitting him in the dash. But I died three times going against him, the first being me driving over the cliff, not knowing that that would kill me. This was also the first time I actually died in the game amazingly.
Playing on mild by the way. And speaking of cheap, that muscle mini-game can go die in a fire for all I care.
And in regards to the eight ranked fight, I find it funny that
that there's always a cheap way of beating Destroyman. :lol

Salsa

dragonballjoseph said:
And in regards to the eight ranked fight, I find it funny that
that there's always a cheap way of beating Destroyman. :lol

when the first one is dead keep waiting behind a box (so the things he throws at you wont hit you), wait till he goes to revive the dead body and beat the crap out of him then. repeat.
am i rite ?

Nicktals said:

All information regarding dark step I found helpful was from here http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=933024&topic=41025085

video_star said:
Dark Side Step
Now I've read lots of techniques for this, but I'll share what works for me
1. Hold block (Z-lock) and close with an enemy (move toward him).
2. Wait for his attack and successfully block the attack.
3. Immediately following Travis's block animation, repeatedly smash the analog stick (and just the analog stick) left and right (think of it like running back and forth in Smash Bros.). If done correctly, a red question mark will hover above your opponent's head and you will trigger a Dark Step that slows down time and lasts for just a moment.

It should be noted that pushing up and down on the nunchuck triggers it for me, I've confirmed it enough times to be sure.

ILikeFeet

Banned
is there a way to return to Santa Destroy while in a ranking fight? I am getting my ass kicked by the
fat kid in the Graveyard

Anony

i finished on mild
this is my experience, if the last boss hardness index was 10, the second hardest is like a 5 (alice(?) 3rd rank) i guess
every boss was easy i found
the other exception is
destory men
only because i thought shinbo's jump controls were shit

and the bosses were mostly forgettable, they only bosses i liked were 2, 3 mostly because they were somewhat of a challenge

and someone explain the ending for me
(i dont know which ending i got, i beat the game with all swords i think
the girl in the booth is sylvia
)

Milabrega

ILikeFeet said:
is there a way to return to Santa Destroy while in a ranking fight? I am getting my ass kicked by the
fat kid in the Graveyard

You may be having the same problem I had with him, Threi told me to
switch back to the original beam saber, instead of the camille
and I took him down no problem.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Anony said:
and someone explain the ending for me
(i dont know which ending i got, i beat the game with all swords i think
the girl in the booth is sylvia
)

I'm pretty sure there are alternate endings now. Otherwise you would KNOW who the girl in the booth is. Did you do the revenge missions? I got a cutscene after the credits, and
the girl is definitely Silvia, and the one she's talking to is Travis.

Nicktals

Banned
ZealousD said:
I'm pretty sure there are alternate endings now. Otherwise you would KNOW who the girl in the booth is. Did you do the revenge missions? I got a cutscene after the credits, and
the girl is definitely Silvia, and the one she's talking to is Travis.

I beat the game on sweet, without doing ever unlocking the revenge missions or the flute girl, and I got the ending after the credits.

Anony

i beat the all the revenge mission, and there's only 3 swords to get (naomi's lab is the most useless shit ever)
so which is the secret ending? but i dont want spoilers

I'm actually appreciating the game a lot more on bitter. I actually have to think in the boss fights. I can't use the same strategy I use for beating up big thugs. Some fights that I had no trouble with on mild were actually pretty intense and gave me some problems
(Ryuji, Vladimir)
. The lack of health/battery boxes during the bosses definitely means you have to be more careful.

somedevil

Beat the game took 13 hours. Thank god I got that new sword before the final boss. His
second form
is cheap and took everything I got to beat it.

When compared to the first I like the bosses better because there was more challenge then the first though Jeane and henry are better than the final boss in this game. Fighting and 2d games are better in the 2nd then in the first. The first game had better clothes, unlockables and slightly better plot.

Overall, its a good sequel and I find it equal to the first.

edit: I find it funny the narrator is roy campbell

-Oath

Fucking awesome game, took me 9 hours to beat. It exceeded ecpectation..... wish the story was deeper though.
Last boss was a cheap bitch.

Just started it up today and I'm really enjoying it. The jobs are actually fun this time (at least they are right now) and the combat is just as great as the first game. Just fought the dude with the boom box and really enjoyed how the battlefield evolved throughout the fight.

I am running into troubles on the exterminator job though, I keep running into the giant scorpions and for some reason they don't get sucked into the vacuum, even though I have full power. Particularly on level 4, not sure what's going on.

Edit: And I'm glad they ditched the over world. So very glad. That and the boring jobs are what killed the first game for me.

-Oath

Tkawsome said:
I am running into troubles on the exterminator job though, I keep running into the giant scorpions and for some reason they don't get sucked up, even though I have full power. Particularly on level 4, not sure what's going on.

Well first of all the scorpions have to be dazed in order to suck them up, use the bug spray bomb crap, or a brick. Second of all you cant suck a scorpion through a path thats too narrow, best to walk ontop of them and suck them up.

Rank 4, 10 hours in. Keeps getting better. No problems with Shinobu's jumping, just have to keep in mind hold forward before jumping to jump forward. I really like playing as her.

I like how when you fight
Destroyman, leading up to him the level is outside the buildings, unlike the first game where you largely fight inside buildings.
Just another example of them doing the opposite from the first game.

-Oath said:
Well first of all the scorpions have to be dazed in order to suck them up, use the bug spray bomb crap, or a brick. Second of all you cant suck a scorpion through a path thats too narrow, best to walk ontop of them and suck them up.

Strange. I do daze them but they don't move until they've recovered. At least that's what happens with the one on level 3. I've dazed them in 4 and they still didn't budge, but they could be caught on one of the walls or something.

Poyunch

Ragequitted due to the gym. I hate it so much.

Tkawsome said:
Strange. I do daze them but they don't move until they've recovered. At least that's what happens with the one on level 3. I've dazed them in 4 and they still didn't budge, but they could be caught on one of the walls or something.
That's happened to me once. While we're on the subject I thank the developers for putting Man the Meat. It's the least frustrating of the bunch and generally gives a good amount of money if you do it well. Screw the hitboxes on the exterminator job and etc.

G.O.O.

Not really an advice, but for the muscle exercise, 1 - stay calm, and 2 - use the rhythm.

Also, I noticed I had better reflexes with my thumb than my index. Therefore, I was almost always able to send back the big dumbbells when I supposed they would hit my feet and they ended up hitting my hand, while the opposite was nearly impossible.

If that can help...

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
I can safely say that this is Suda 51's best game as well as being my favorite game on the Wii. What a fucking trip. It stamps out the flaws of the first, and replaced them with more flaws...but they didn't bother me as much as the first game's.

Margaret's theme is so fucking awesome. Dear God. I also really loved Cloe Walsh's for some reason.

And finally, a Suda game that didn't get mixed reviews! FUCK YEAH! There better be more Travis in my future. I'd also take a Shinobu game.

Rovert40

Neo Member
Tkawsome said:

In Level 4, for the scorpions in the small spaces, you have to
be completely inside the little area, as the scorpion actually overlaps your character during the sucking animation. You need to stun him with either spray or a box, suck him towards the wall, drop another spray bomb immediately, and run to the other side while it goes off, where you'll have one character-width of space to stand and suck him up.

I felt pretty fired up afterwards. 8-bit games rule.

As for the weights in the gym.....well, maybe you guys need to dust off the ol' NES and brush up a li'l on them timing skillz. :p

Salsa

also, shinobu`s platforming sucks. I realized i havent said it yet and it was the most frustrating moment in the game by far.

pablitomm_uy said:
also, shinobu`s platforming sucks. I realized i havent said it yet and it was the most frustrating moment in the game by far.

Quite to say the least.

On my way to the rank 2 fight with pushing 12 hours thus far. Holding on to my overall opinions(positive of course). I have yet to get the last beam saber from Naomi. I think I haven't bothered with the gym since upgrading my health once and that was it. Perhaps when I'm done with my mild play through and bulldoze through sweet we shall see.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rovert40 said:
In Level 4, for the scorpions in the small spaces, you have to
be completely inside the little area, as the scorpion actually overlaps your character during the sucking animation. You need to stun him with either spray or a box, suck him towards the wall, drop another spray bomb immediately, and run to the other side while it goes off, where you'll have one character-width of space to stand and suck him up.

I felt pretty fired up afterwards. 8-bit games rule.

As for the weights in the gym.....well, maybe you guys need to dust off the ol' NES and brush up a li'l on them timing skillz. :p

I know this isn't the right thread for it, but i suggest you check the avatar sticky thread soon before you lose your avatar and be stuck with
badav.png

Dascu

Henry's
voicemail :lol :lol

Rank 5. Done all the Stamina training, 3 or 4 Muscle training sessions, all the Revenge missions and have 4 beam katanas. Does Naomi get anything else in stock? Infinite battery perhaps? I'm really enjoying this game by the way. Yes, it's a tad less charming than the original, but it makes up for that with much improved gameplay. The assassins have less time in the spotlight, but the designs and the fights are pretty good.

Is anybody experiencing any freezing with a loud beep. I have had this game freeze on me 10x already like a old NES game. I am starting to think that its intentional for a homage to old NES games :lol.

Also this is my second copy of the game because I brought my first copy back because I thought it was broken because of the freezing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Urban Scholar said:
I have yet to get the last beam saber from Naomi.

Be absolutely sure that you get this before the final boss. It helps a ton in that fight.

Host Samurai said:
Is anybody experiencing any freezing with a loud beep. I have had this game freeze on me 10x already like a old NES game. I am starting to think that its intentional for a homage to old NES games :lol.

Also this is my second copy of the game because I brought my first copy back because I thought it was broken because of the freezing.

I've almost finished the game twice now and it hasn't happened to me once. I think you might just have bad luck with discs. Though it would be pretty funny if Suda intentionally had them send out a batch of defective copies to keep the feel of NES games :lol

botticus

Finally started this morning, put about 3 and a half hours in to get to Rank 25. Done a couple of the revenge missions and all the jobs/training available. Decided I needed a break, but when I return I guess someone is challenging me for a change.

I didn't really know what was going on with the 50th ranked fight, but the 25th was awesome. So far I'm enjoying it a lot, good follow-up to the original.

Nicktals

Banned
Host Samurai said:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a freezing problem. He deleted his save file, and then it started working. Maybe try that?

Top Bottom