• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

dkeane

I just got my first freeze with the never ending beeeeeeep. I had just unleashed the final blow on either the 23 or 22 ranked fighter. I hope it doesn't happen again. Loving the game so far.

_PM

I had the freezing beep yesterday. I had just finished the game for the first time, in mild, and started a new game in bitter. When I tried to switch to the double katana, the game froze.

Loved the game. Definitely improves gameplay and loses some charm from the first one, but it's still a great game.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know what's the point of all the gifts and other stuff you collect before each boss battles? They don't seem to do anything. Am i missing something?

Also, i keep checking the magazines in his motel room, and learn some weekly backdrops, or whatever it's called, but i dont see any new special moves.

And when does Naomi sells more weapon? I just beated #2 and i only saw 2 weapons in her store, the last one being the long beam that i bought a long time ago.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A lot of them are used to decorate the inside of Travis's motel room. I haven't figured out what the "UAA Collection" stuff is.

ZealousD said:
A lot of them are used to decorate the inside of Travis's motel room. I haven't figured out what the "UAA Collection" stuff is.

same here. I first thought it was going to be on the magazine shelf but no luck... is there something we dont know?

RelentlessRolento said:
same here. I first thought it was going to be on the magazine shelf but no luck... is there something we dont know?

The UAA collection stuff is located near the clothes closet. Generally, they are models of the assassins you have fought =p

Nobodyspatzy said:
The UAA collection stuff is located near the clothes closet. Generally, they are models of the assassins you have fought =p

Knowing this makes me wish they had a first person view mode like mario 64 just so I can check out my gear.

botticus

Bisnic said:
Anyone know what's the point of all the gifts and other stuff you collect before each boss battles? They don't seem to do anything. Am i missing something?

Also, i keep checking the magazines in his motel room, and learn some weekly backdrops, or whatever it's called, but i dont see any new special moves.

And when does Naomi sells more weapon? I just beated #2 and i only saw 2 weapons in her store, the last one being the long beam that i bought a long time ago.
As far as I know, the game picks the wrestling moves for you (randomly or based on something specific, who knows). I've only used two moves so far and I've learned 4 or 5.

EzLink

Banned
God dammit! I was fighting the rank 3 boss and I had him down to a sliver of health, but then his fucking
giant ass laser beam 1HKO'd me because the stupid grass from the level was obstructing the camera angle.
Such bullshit

ZealousD

Dascu said:
So, who else keeps running into that goddamn trash can every single time?

*raises hand*

It's funny though, once you realize what's in the trash. :lol

Or maybe that's just me thinking too much into it.

Hiltz

Just beat the game today. Took me 11 hours.

The ending is kind of a mixed bag in my opinion. I mean, there wasn't any sense of closure and the final boss was easy and kind of lame. Overall, the sequel was more fun than the original.

I actually loved the gym's min games.However, I only completely finished the stamina training. I got to level 5 on the muscle training.

I gotta find the music for Kill or be killed and that reaper boss song. So catchy!

stupei

Had the sudden impulse to buy this game while out in the freezing cold today, so I dropped into the Gamestop near my house. And they didn't have it. I know that this particular location kind of sucks and all, but damn.

Too cold to go check anywhere else today, but I'm not sure if this means it sold out or they never bothered getting it in. :\ Pissed me off, though.

Tell me, GAF: is it going to be worth the wait?

MiniDitka

EzLink said:
God dammit! I was fighting the rank 3 boss and I had him down to a sliver of health, but then his fucking
giant ass laser beam 1HKO'd me because the stupid grass from the level was obstructing the camera angle.
Such bullshit
Same thing happened to me :lol

Just finished the rank 10 match and
Shinobu's jump mechanic fucking sucks. She's definitely fun to play as, but the platforming was so terrible.

Ugh, rank 9 is no joke. -_-
Shinobu can't seem to ever pull off her wrestling moves with the bosses.

Up to rank 3 and I have decided I like this game as much as the original. Sure, some of the changes take some getting used to, but after a few hours, it is clearly the NMH we all know and love.

I think I found the funniest line of game. After messing up one of the side jobs, the boss says:
I hate you with all my hate.
For some reason, reading that in the specific context gave me one of the biggest :lol I have had in a very long time.

The rank 8 fight is so fucking cheap. >:| I fucking dark stepped the fucker and he had a fucking invincibility frame. Don't even get me started on his
energy dragon.

Has anyone figured out how to use the finishing moves on bosses? I've been randomly getting them occasionally, but I don't understand how.

I finally beat the bastard and
I don't even get the final blow!? Fuck you Sylvia!

Edit: Okay, the last muscle exercise can go fuck itself.

So, is that last boss like impossible without the $300000 sword because I skipped buying it and am currently stuck on the last boss's last form.

Nvm, figured it out. Wasn't even done with that boss apparently.

Milabrega

Ryuuga said:
REAPER! REAPER! That's what people call me. Why? cause they all die when I sing I end their lives...

Love that song and that fight.

Nicktals about rank 1
Use the long sword in a low stance, it mauls him fast. To avoid the teleport punches I do it two ways, with long sword Charge A then attack when he starts to teleport then roll once you can. With any other sword, dodge left, attack once, dodge backwards.

Mafro

Just not long completed it. It doesn't have some of the charm present in the first one, mainly due to a lot of the new music being pretty forgetable, and the removal of things like Sylvia's phone calls coming out of the speakers. It just feels like it's been watered down a lot, particularly in terms of collectables and new beam katanas. I think I'm one of the few people that misses the overworld :lol

I loved the 8-bit minigames. Flesh them out a bit and they would be perfect for a DSiWare release. The meat one is oddly addictive.

I really enjoyed it, but I feel it could have been fleshed out a bit more, as some elements felt a little unfinished or rushed. I'm gonna go straight into another playthrough.

knkng

I'm having a serious problem with the rank 1 battle, I think something might be messed up:

So after he gets hit with the laser his car falls to the ground and he has the stars around his head. I beat him to about 45% health using this technique, but now his health remains static. I've been hammering on him for about 30 minutes now, I've literally had the red tiger power-up about 8 times, but his health just sits there at about 45%. Is there something I'm missing here, or should I just re-start the battle?

Cardon

knkng said:
I'm having a serious problem with the rank 1 battle, I think something might be messed up:

So after he gets hit with the laser his car falls to the ground and he has the stars around his head. I beat him to about 45% health using this technique, but now his health remains static. I've been hammering on him for about 30 minutes now, I've literally had the red tiger power-up about 8 times, but his health just sits there at about 45%. Is there something I'm missing here, or should I just re-start the battle?

You need to stand in front of his car when he swoops down to go to the other side. When this happens just press A and it'll trigger a "struggle" mode. It may take a few tries to get right since you need to be almost perfectly lined up with him.

knkng

Cardon said:
You need to stand in front of his car when he swoops down to go to the other side. When this happens just press A and it'll trigger a "struggle" mode. It may take a few tries to get right since you need to be almost perfectly lined up with him.
Thanks man, I just got it to trigger. It would have been nice if they gave some kind of indication about what you had to do. As far as I knew I was still damaging him.

ILikeFeet

Banned
1. is there a way to return to Santa Destroy during a ranking level?
2. are there more Bizarre Jelly videos after the opening?

and yes, I'm still getting killed by the rank 24 boss. I'm even using the Blood Berry. god damn, he's like the Shinobu of this game

NotWii

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
2. are there more Bizarre Jelly videos after the opening?

and yes, I'm still getting killed by the rank 24 boss. I'm even using the Blood Berry. god damn, he's like the Shinobu of this game
1 and 2: Not that I know of

Heh, I thought the same thing about that boss

Nicktals

Banned
Milabrega said:
Nicktals about rank 1
Use the long sword in a low stance, it mauls him fast. To avoid the teleport punches I do it two ways, with long sword Charge A then attack when he starts to teleport then roll once you can. With any other sword, dodge left, attack once, dodge backwards.

Thanks...Hasn't really worked yet...I've been trying on bitter for about 2 hours now. Maybe it's possible to dark step them? I can get him to half health no problem a few times without getting hit. But when the
teleport punch
happens I can evade it about 75% of the time, but then the
3 part wave-dash attack
thing happens, and those two combined get me within seconds.

EDIT:

ILikeFeet said:

Maybe...If you die, there are options for Retry and Quit...I've never selected Quit, and it probably returns you to the main menu. So if you haven't saved in the level, you could probably die, Quit, and then reload your last save.

JEKKI

oh man if there's one thing I hate, it's controlling 2D games with the chuck.

I hated it in Boy n his Blob, hate it here too :(

also the camera and controls is a mess... I kept getting hit by random stuff against the hip hop boss coz I couldnt see anything -_-

I couldnt even figure out how to run up to him... I jus hit a bunch of random buttons and ended up winning since the first boss is always that easy

Poyunch

Geez just finished up the fight with
Margaret
. I have to agree something doesn't about the story and bosses doesn't feel as awesome as the original but playing against her gave me a NMH 1 vibe.

She's probably my favorite right now (with
Dr. Letz Shake
being my second due to the fan service).

edit: Also I really hate Ryan and his gym. I'd say it's worse than
Shinobu's platforming
. It's not so much that I don't enjoy a challenge but the fact that I have to spend money each attempt. I know that this is supposed Travis' last game but I so want the next game to have Thunder Ryu show Ryan what's what. That's a real gym owner.

rank 2

That long walk up to the fighting and walking past a building with Travis on it was um...weird. You don't know if your going to get jumped or what its just freaky.

So what's a good way to make money in the game? Just choose my favorite side job and grind it out?

Poyunch

Urban Scholar said:
rank 2

That long walk up to the fighting and walking past a building with Travis on it was um...weird. You don't know if your going to get jumped or what its just freaky.

So what's a good way to make money in the game? Just choose my favorite side job and grind it out?
Basically. I just constantly do Man the Meat.

ZealousD

Urban Scholar said:

Man the Meat is the fastest. Also the most boring.

Just beat the game for the first time. Never had too much trouble with any of the bosses except No. 1. I had a few retries here and there throughout the game but nothing big. Sure,
Ryuji's opening bike fight
got me a few times too many until I understood the point but No. 1 is on a whole other level. I used the blood berry the whole game and only used the other swords just to experiment with them. If I had to give an estimate, I would say I got killed about 15 times by
Batt Jr's second form
. If the game wasn't so damn fun I would have been seething with rage.
I almost beat the guy with the blood berry on more than one occasion but the fact you can only land 2-3 hits before he teleports royally screws you. I switched to the long sword and beat him on my second try without ever coming close to needing the health pizza.
I feel so fulfilled for beating the game yet so abused by those
teleport punches

Top Bottom