• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

cacildo

Isnt there a way to view stuff in first person while in the hotel??

Because you keep gathering a lot of cool stuff around the stages, but theres no way to see anything in wii glorious SD without a first person view!

Really, the hotel room is just a jaggy mess. Please bear in mind that the Wii is the only console that i own, and im not even planning to buy a 360 or ps3 but we gotta be honest here: in this hotel room these SD graphics cant let you see shit.

I found it funny that only few places allow you to see stuff in first person

- A few selected bathrooms
- In some bathrooms, just a small part of it allows first person view, like the entrance.
- The "stealth only if you want" prison level

Maybe these bathrooms FPS were a mistake?

Caj814 said:
25qaib5.jpg

YEAH! where her boobs that big in the first one? I dont remember them being so gigantic

wRATH2x

Banned
So I just beat it, and I have to say that was an awesome experience. But I really can't decide whether I like the first or this more.

The graphics and gameplay has improved greatly! The regular enemies are much better than the fodder in the first game, the minigames are much more enjoyable, and the games pacing is much better too.

Still I miss the overworld, I wish they had improved upon it. Would have made the game even better. And I fucking miss the cell phone calls :(

But the thing that I actually hated was
the cop out when it came to the bosses. I didn't mind the first cop out with the cheerleaders but they kept coping out many. I also liked the Assassins from the first game more, for some reason I felt they had more character. And Henry and Shinobu weren't really playable for much which was a letdown.

And I liked how the ending hinted at a third game(WHOOOO) even though Suda said this was Travis's last game.

I'm pretty sure there is a real ending if you beat it in hard mode, can someone spoiler it for me or send me a youtube link?

Dascu

Wrath2X said:
Oh yeah and the game was shorter.

I thought no overworld meant more content, guess not.
Pure content-wise, NMH2 is at least as big. You just don't waste any time driving around or grinding for cash.

Has there been any word as to when the OST will be released? This game had some great music, even though the original composer wasn't involved. I think Margaret's theme tops Bad Girl's, for me.

Nicktals said:
Wait, really? Like when the screen starts to fade, just frantically shake the Wii remote? If true, I definitely did not know this!

Yeah, just keep doing it and Travis will falter but eventually catch himself and not fall. This is how I keep getting the last boss down to a pixel but eventually run out of revives.

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, just keep doing it and Travis will falter but eventually catch himself and not fall. This is how I keep getting the last boss down to a pixel but eventually run out of revives.

How much health do you have after you revive? Only one dot?

Dascu

Hey, about
the guy Shinobu meets at Bishop's grave. Is that Takashi Miike as a cameo? He's listed in the credits and Beef Head (the video store) is named after one of his movies.

G.O.O.

Dascu said:
Hey, about
the guy Shinobu meets at Bishop's grave. Is that Takashi Miike as a cameo? He's listed in the credits and Beef Head (the video store) is named after one of his movies.
Yep, it's him.

So I was complaining about a lot of stuff before, but now that I'm further into this game I'm enjoying it a good deal more. The gameplay really has improved and that's the main thing that is drawing me into the game. Well, that and the crazy awesome cut scenes. Time to keep moving up the ranks!

Great sequel.

Loved the references to other sequels, like the location of the final boss's lair for example.

Also, did enemies bleed money in the first game? Can't remember.

Volcynika

Beat the game earlier. Aside from the
final boss's attacks being a bit annoying
, great game. And I loved the boss theme of
the Reaper

Nicktals

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
3 at first. It gradually gets lower with each revive.

Well, I think that changes things...Here's the strategy I'll try this evening when I get a chance:

Start over from the first stage of the battle so that I'll have a full ecstasy gauge. Fight the 2nd form until he gets 4 pixels of damage, then go dark side on him. Then pretty much pray I get lucky with the teleport punches/wave dashes...I think if I can get revived 5 times I might be able to take him...certainly won't be easy though...But it at least gives me hope after being ready to give up last night.

G.O.O.

Count Dookkake said:
Great sequel.

Loved the references to other sequels, like the location of the final boss's lair for example.

Also, did enemies bleed money in the first game? Can't remember.
They did in the pal version.

What are these references ? The only one I can think of is
Matt Helm's level looking a lot like RE4's beginning

Nicktals said:
Well, I think that changes things...Here's the strategy I'll try this evening when I get a chance:

Start over from the first stage of the battle so that I'll have a full ecstasy gauge. Fight the 2nd form until he gets 4 pixels of damage, then go dark side on him. Then pretty much pray I get lucky with the teleport punches/wave dashes...I think if I can get revived 5 times I might be able to take him...certainly won't be easy though...But it at least gives me hope after being ready to give up last night.

Good idea. I'll try the same thing. Either way, one of us is going to be the first person on gaf to beat the game on bitter. Good luck.

G.O.O. said:
They did in the pal version.

What are these references ? The only one I can think of is
Matt Helm's level looking a lot like RE4's beginning

These are just off the top of my head and I am sure I am missing a lot.

final fight takes place in a mall, the setting of Dawn of the Dead, another sequel that poked fun at consumer culture

Henry is in carbonite

The proliferation of lightsabers, from double-headed, to dual-wielded and beyond with Alice's General Grievous style.

graveyard with chainsaw dudes is reminiscent of RE4.

Also, the game treats the idea of revenge as an unneeded sequel.

botticus

Just beat it, the last boss was insane. Technically I only died once,
got knocked out the window two or three other times. :lol Pissed me off the first time since I had him down to 1/4 health. I would have died at the third form, but I got lucky and randomly swung at one of the fireballs which kinda clued me in.

Overall, I'd put it slightly behind the first game. Taking out the overworld streamlined things quite a bit, but while the story was just as entertaining, the bosses didn't really have the oomph that they did in the first game. Didn't make it any less than a fantastic game, though.

Rovert40

Neo Member
Wrath2X said:
Oh yeah and the game was shorter.

I thought no overworld meant more content, guess not.

The only content that was missing was the overworld itself, which ate up about 5 hours of game time running around from place to place on a first playthrough in NMH. Otherwise, NMH2 has
bosses, while NMH has
9 plus the Letz Shake cutscene
, all with associated levels leading up to them. And before anyone mentions the shorter length of some of the levels in NMH 2, note that the stages before Bad Girl and Speed Buster were short as well; in any case, NMH 2 had some longer ones to make up for it. A shorter game it is not.

Oh, and I finally realized that in the Sylvia cutscenes on the phone, she's describing the bosses. So boss character development is there beforehand, just in a completely different form than the first game (although I really do miss hearing "SHPEEED BUSTERRRRR" followed by "Fuck you, you little prick!") I actually failed to connect the dots during my first playthrough.

And finally, I'm up to the Rank 8 boss (
New Destroyman
) on Bitter. The bosses overall definitely seem to have more character now that I'm forced to METICULOUSLY ANALYZE THEIR EVERY MOVE and devise a plan of attack. I swear this game is for real men. It's awesome, and better on a second playthrough methinks.

Dascu

Yeah, I don't get the complaints about the lack of cellphone calls before the fights. OK, it was a neat gimmick and built up the fight, but you still get info on the next bosses through the peepshow segments.

Chopper Dave said:
"Trouble in your virtual world?" > "My spleen"
"This is a No-Fuckhead Zone!"

botticus

Dascu said:
Yeah, I don't get the complaints about the lack of cellphone calls before the fights. OK, it was a neat gimmick and built up the fight, but you still get info on the next bosses through the peepshow segments.
I'm okay with its absence after playing. But when it was first described, I was assuming you were still getting phone calls from Silvia, but not presented through the remote speaker.

DOWNWARD FUCKING DOG!!! :D

Beat the game last night. Awesome adrenaline rush throughout even though I didn't get the same awesome vibe from the assassins this time, unlike #1. All in all, good times. :D :D :D

Wow. I can't believe what just happened. Beat the
2nd form of the final boss
on bitter without getting hit once. Here's the strategy I used.
I equipped peony and used the wiimote slash. For the first part of the fight, I kept running up to him to let him do whatever. Always dodged out of the way and then shook the wiimote 3 times before he teleported to the other side of the room. Now when his health was 1/4 gone, I started used the peony wiimote slash from across the room. If you've ever used the thing, you know it has ridiculous range. I don't know if I got lucky, but he never used the teleport punch because I would stun him the second he teleported back on screen after being hit 3 times. Now when 3/4 of his health is gone, you can't stun him anymore, but by that point, I had a full ecstasy gauge. So I quickly hit - and just smashed A. It was awesome being invincible while he did those bullshit sonic punches. By the time the ecstasy gauge was out, he had one pixel of health left. All it took was one shake and he's dead.

For those of you planning on beating bitter mode to see if anything new happens, don't bother. It's the same exact ending. I checked to see if there was a new video on the TV, but there wasn't. If you're going to play on bitter, do it because you're a completionist or something.

Poyunch

Having trouble with the final boss.
I need a ton of help with the second form. Both that wind attack and his dodge-attack maneuvers.

Anyway to dodge?

Salsa

its hard to dodge, the last blow always got me. are you using the long katana ? i didnt, but everyone is saying that it is a lot easier with it.

Van Owen

Banned
Wow, is the first boss supposed to be a complete pain in the ass on mild? I could barely move around the room without getting hit by something.

G.O.O.

Yeah, he's one of the most annoying.

Try to bring him into the bedroom. Else, you could use the bedroom as your base, go out for a few hits using the D-pad a lot, go back there and repeat.

WTF at the
third form of the final boss.

Am i really supposed to beat that thing? The game has been a breeze until that goddamn thing. I don't know, I must be missing something. WTF.

edit: lol nevermind, just beat that sucker. I think I was using the wrong sword°_°

Van Owen said:
Wow, is the first boss supposed to be a complete pain in the ass on mild? I could barely move around the room without getting hit by something.
I like your avatar man:D
As for the first boss, just stay close to him and slice the hell out of him. That's what I did after being killed miserably on the first try.

Discomurf

... finally picked it up and honestly wasn't too sure at first, but once I heard this version of the NMH theme while slashing up enemies I was in LOVE. I know its been said a million times already but this game is so much fun... a pure video game... if there is anyone on the fence jump off it - its not going to get much better than this on Wii.

Threi

notag
i don't even like the damn theme and its been stuck in my head the entire day.

Not even going to name it because everyone knows what it is already.

*edit*

Loving the pimp brown jacket Travis gets :D

Just beat the fifth boss, and I have to say that I like No More Heroes as much as the next guy, but
there were way too many people to fight on the way to the boss. It took me about 20 minutes to deal with the goons in the parking lot, and that's with 6 ecstasy rushes, a tiger, and the projectile.
Good thing the boss and
her
theme was worth it.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So I just beat the Metal Gear Solid stage... awesome throwback. Though both the MGS and Resident Evil stages were cool in themselves, and both bosses interesting, they were really easy compared to the ones before them (and most of NMH1)

Wizpig

New avatar! now let's wait for this Rising Star news this week...

edit. A question, does the save from No More Heroes 1 unlock anything in this one?

Poyunch

So I just finished the game. I don't think the ending was that bad it was just
abrupt. I don't know why I tagged that but just in case. :p

Anyway I was a bit confused about the credits.
Was it supposed to be a joke seeing all the texture and object pop-in as a reference to the original game or was it just a huge tease to show the players that they had a somewhat complete overworld but it inadvertently was a bit funny because it still had the problems of the original.

Also what's up with every complaining about the final hour? It wasn't that bad.

edit: Now that I completed the game I can list my top 3 bosses!

Dr. Letz Shake (for the fan service)
Alice (for the just epic feel of the character and cutscenes associated with her)
Margaret (because of all the bosses she gave the closest vibe to that of the original game's bosses.)

PounchEnvy said:
Also what's up with every complaining about the final hour? It wasn't that bad.

I just beat the game 10 minutes ago, so I feel I should say something. I absolutely HATED the final series of bosses. HATED. Fighting some
kid in a car who turns into a dumb juiced version of Batman and then an even dumber giant Ghostbusters marshmallow man ripoff? No bonus fight?

I mean, cmon, in NMH you had Bad Girl, followed by the awesome trip to Darkstar, the sweet revelation, the sweet fight against a hand to hand fighter, followed by the out of nowhere and by far best fight in the game against Henry who just radiated cool. You follow up that game with...this? Ugh. I couldn't be more dissapointed, the game starts off so strong but then aside from Alice and Margeret, it doesn't really hit the same high notes as the first one.

I don't get people complaining about the music. The themes in this game are superior to those in NMH1, especially towards the end of the game (basically the stage/boss music for ranks 5 through 2. Not to mention the awesome map music

Zoramon089 said:
I don't get people complaining about the music. The themes in this game are superior to those in NMH1, especially towards the end of the game (basically the stage/boss music for ranks 5 through 2. Not to mention the awesome map music

Yeah, that's really what tears me up. The music is so much better (and better placed). Margerets theme just makes that fight. Anybody know where I can get the OST without just listening to that youtube link all the time?

Poyunch

dragonballjoseph said:
Just beat the fifth boss, and I have to say that I like No More Heroes as much as the next guy, but
there were way too many people to fight on the way to the boss. It took me about 20 minutes to deal with the goons in the parking lot, and that's with 6 ecstasy rushes, a tiger, and the projectile.
Good thing the boss and
her
theme was worth it.
Yeah after a while I thought it was some glitch. I sort of liked it.
I missed killing so many goons for a majority of the levels like the first game.

Ridley327

Snapshot King said:
Yeah, that's really what tears me up. The music is so much better (and better placed). Margerets theme just makes that fight. Anybody know where I can get the OST without just listening to that youtube link all the time?

The OST hasn't been announced yet, sadly.

Top Bottom