• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

Ridley327

The Revenge missions that have you taking down a single target has a chest in the level that has a collectible in it. The ones that have you kill everyone do not.

Ridley327

Shiine said:
Just a question, if u start a new file with an already cleared file, can u play the revenge missions again?

Yeah; your status on Revenge missions gets reset on a second playthrough, so trigger them and you can do all of them over again.

Shiine

Ridley327 said:
Yeah; your status on Revenge missions gets reset on a second playthrough, so trigger them and you can do all of them over again.
I Have forgotten how to trigger them =(

Ridley327

After you finish up with Charlie, leave the hotel, do some stuff and then go back; you'll get the Revenge missions and the fight with Kimmy unlocked.

Dizzle24

Anyone experience what seems to be a glitch with clothes? Sometimes, shirts I purchase disappear and reappear after a while, usually with shirts that have more that one version. Like the shirt with the Panda on it; I bought and wore the White version for a while, and at one point, I noticed that the shirt changed to the Pink version, and I had to re-buy the white one.

Then after I bought it again the pink one vanished. :lol

Also, I'm rank 5 now, and I noticed that I have a bunch of clothes in my closet that I did NOT purchase...which is cool, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to be there as a free gift, or if it's really a glitch...

Anyone else see this happening in the closet?

Shiine

Ridley327 said:
After you finish up with Charlie, leave the hotel, do some stuff and then go back; you'll get the Revenge missions and the fight with Kimmy unlocked.

Aah thanks for the help =D ive started to collect! =D

Ryuuga

Banned
Snapshot King said:
Anybody figure out the Lyrics for Philistines 2nd and 3rd verses? I can't quite make out a few words and it's driving me nuts.

LYRICS:

Reaper, Reaper,
That's what people call me
Why?
'Cause they all die. When I sing I end their lives.
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
Well you're a God damn philistine.
(Verse x2)

Requiem aeternam,
Bullets right through the sternum.
Lullaby to Hell's Bane, reaper's got your name!

Margaret is Greek you geek, it means a pearl
I'm a pure girl, boys can not crack this oyster shell
So go on, whip around that sword like you're the best, it's such a bore.
Another hero, oh please!
(Verse x2)

Requiem aeternam, reaper has come, sinner!

Thigh-high socks and my absolute territory*,
Go on and drool, the Otaku can not resist.
You think the fire in your eyes, makes you a tiger in disguise?
Dream on you God damn pussy!

Reaper, Reaper,
That's what people call me
Why?
'Cause they all die. When I sing I end their lives.
You act as though payback makes you a noble man, is that a fact?
Well you're a God damn philistine.

*Absolute Territory as in "Zettai Ryouiki". Look it up.

-Taken from GamerofCP

Poyunch

Dizzle24 said:
Anyone experience what seems to be a glitch with clothes? Sometimes, shirts I purchase disappear and reappear after a while, usually with shirts that have more that one version. Like the shirt with the Panda on it; I bought and wore the White version for a while, and at one point, I noticed that the shirt changed to the Pink version, and I had to re-buy the white one.

Then after I bought it again the pink one vanished. :lol

Also, I'm rank 5 now, and I noticed that I have a bunch of clothes in my closet that I did NOT purchase...which is cool, but I'm not sure if they are supposed to be there as a free gift, or if it's really a glitch...

Anyone else see this happening in the closet?
I've lost the casual shoes if that counts. Were there even casual shoes?

Dizzle24

PounchEnvy said:
I've lost the casual shoes if that counts. Were there even casual shoes?

Yeah, they're the first pair that you are wearing at the start of the game. All the start clothes are "Casual."

I don't mind gaining free stuff, but losing things is annoying, because unless you buy the outfits in full at once, it's hard to keep track of what you have. :lol

Poyunch

Dizzle24 said:
Yeah, they're the first pair that you are wearing at the start of the game. All the start clothes are "Casual."

I don't mind gaining free stuff, but losing things is annoying, because unless you buy the outfits in full at once, it's hard to keep track of what you have. :lol
There seems to be a lot of problems related to the clothes. I've heard of problems related to the
No Jacket
too.

Dizzle24

quadrax1s said:
Does anyone else farm money by playing the grilling meat game over and over like me? :lol

I do the Bug killing job over and over.

I follow the same pattern each time and don't die, so by the 3rd stage I have about 50,000LB$ for 3 minutes work. :D

I think it's 8900LB$ for the 1st stage if you perfect it, 12000LB$ for the 2nd if you perfect it, and 28000LB$ for the 3rd stage.

I don't finish the 4th because of the last fucking Scorpion that is trapped in a tiny space; there's really no way to get him, so I just end after Stage 3. :D

Dizzle24 said:
I do the Bug killing job over and over.

I follow the same pattern each time and don't die, so by the 3rd stage I have about 50,000LB$ for 3 minutes work. :D

I think it's 8900LB$ for the 1st stage if you perfect it, 12000LB$ for the 2nd if you perfect it, and 28000LB$ for the 3rd stage.

I don't finish the 4th because of the last fucking Scorpion that is trapped in a tiny space; there's really no way to get him, so I just end after Stage 3. :D

You have to stun him then get right on top of him and suck him up. It's not that hard but it is annoying.

Dizzle24

cosmicblizzard said:
You have to stun him then get right on top of him and suck him up. It's not that hard but it is annoying.

I was under the impression that you couldn't touch the bugs regardless of them being stunned or not.

Thanks!

Ryuuga

Banned
quadrax1s said:
Does anyone else farm money by playing the grilling meat game over and over like me? :lol

I farm money from "Getting Trashed". On the 4th stage you can leave all but one piece of trash near the shuttle then kill yourself. Once you've revived and return the last piece of trash to the ship you'll earn $101,000 LB (varies based on time, but you'll usually end up with $98,000 - $101,000 if you pull it off correctly) Rinse and repeat.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Does clothing count as collectables?

I'm on rank 2 and I only have 57% Collectables and I don't recall missing a chest anywhere...

Are there multiple endings, has anyone found, if you get 100% everything?

Dizzle24

John Harker said:

I'm on rank 2 and I only have 57% Collectables and I don't recall missing a chest anywhere...

Clothing is under "Costume" I think...
I'm in the same boat; haven't missed any chests I think, and only have 47% on Rank 5.

Well, I'll be playing this game over and over for sure, so I'm bound to find everything eventually!

somedevil

John Harker said:

Revenge missions hold collectables. You might of missed those.

Also I noticed there an error in the game when it comes to two bosses names. When you read the credits the correct names are
Margaret Moonlight and Alice Twilight.

John Harker

Woa, Alice is 1000X easier if you just kick and punch. Took me awhile to figure that one out. Awesome fight.

It's funny how the game is starting to come together big time and it's practically over :lol

haven't had too much time to play anything lately, but I got another hour in tonight. currently ranked 24, just beat the boss that's
like a horror movie slasher, Matt something.
Do the bosses get any harder? Nothing's been a challenge yet

As for farming minigames, I don't have them all yet but I play Pizza Delivery over and over, I find it very easy and fast

I started up No More Heroes again today and the controls feel a lot better to me than the sequel, especially when you lock on. Also the camera reset is a lot better too.

Edit: Wow, I forgot the framerate actually went up to 60FPs.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
ninj4junpei said:
I started up No More Heroes again today and the controls feel a lot better to me than the sequel, especially when you lock on. Also the camera reset is a lot better too.

Edit: Wow, I forgot the framerate actually went up to 60FPs.
Seems like I remember switching targets being a lot easier in the first one.

Ridley327

NMH2 definitely ain't 60 fps. However, it is a very smooth 30 fps that doesn't dip outside of cutscenes and activating slots bonuses/Ecstasy gauge usage. Very, very big tech improvement over the first game, for sure.

Ridley327 said:
NMH2 definitely ain't 60 fps. However, it is a very smooth 30 fps that doesn't dip outside of cutscenes and activating slots bonuses/Ecstasy gauge usage. Very, very big tech improvement over the first game, for sure.
True, but something about the original is just more visually appealing to me, now that I look at it.

I'm think I'm going to do some credit comparisons between the two games.
Game Designers: Suda 51 - Toshihiro Fujikawa & Chihiro Suda(?)
Lead Programmer: Satoshi Kawakami - Noboru Matzusaki
Lead Battle Programmer: Noboru Matzusaki - No one listed
Battle Programmer: Toru Hironaka - Yasuto Fukami
System Programmer: Takumi Yamada - Toru Hironaka

Those are just some of the differences. There were some definite position switches between the two games.

John Harker

Beat it. Aside from a super easy last form, I liked the last boss. Though
Who were his three family members? I don't recall, unless he's related to Helter Skelter, his brother, and someone from the 1st one?

Too bad Suda wasn't actually more involved in this sequel for the zaniness, but I must say, it was still really well written and acted. Particularly Sylvia's lines. The graphics were a huge boost over the first game, and while the combat was different enough that it took some getting used to, it certainly was beautifully violent and enjoyable.

I wonder how many years had gone by and how long
he was looking for her. She certainly looked older at the end.

Ridley327

John Harker said:
Beat it. Aside from a super easy last form, I liked the last boss. Though
Who were his three family members? I don't recall, unless he's related to Helter Skelter, his brother, and someone from the 1st one?

His father was the Pizza Batt CEO that you killed in one of the last Assassination missions in the first game. As for his brothers, they were Helter Skelter and Skelter Helter.

John Harker

Ridley327 said:
His father was the Pizza Batt CEO that you killed in one of the last Assassination missions in the first game. As for his brothers, they were Helter Skelter and Skelter Helter.

That's all what I figured, but pretty loose connection in the narrative. He sure got the short end of the stick in the looks department compared to the twins though.

I just replayed the beginning of the game in new game+, and Cloud Strif.... I mean, Shelter Helter is pretty badass. He has some great lines.

The only thing I'm not clear on was the asian guy who visits Bishop and gives you the dual katanas. Who was he again? I notice Miike had a cameo, I assume that's who voiced him?

G.O.O.

Ridley327 said:
Err, I don't think HS and SH were his brothers. I just assume that every pizza butt assassination job was a member of his family, that simple.

Who was he again? I notice Miike had a cameo, I assume that's who voiced him?
That's correct.

Wasn't he mentioned as an influence for this game. Anyway, I find funny that he's the one who gives you this.

Nose Master

So... Helter Skelter is supposed to be a Cloud knockoff, right? Spiky hair, baggy pants, suspenders, giant thick sword, shirt material... it can't be a coincidence?

G.O.O.

Mayor Haggar said:
Yeah, never heard Miike's name thrown around in regards to grasshopper or Suda before...

AH!

Miike-directed NMH MOVIE!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu
Crows Zero ?

So... Helter Skelter is supposed to be a Cloud knockoff, right? Spiky hair, baggy pants, suspenders, giant thick sword, shirt material... it can't be a coincidence?
I always thought his brother looked like Sephiroth.

John Harker

You also have to remember what kind of game you're dealing with here. If you recall, one of the first lines of the game from Sylvia is something like
"There are lots of new players who didn't play the original and do not care about continuity. If we caught them up, they would just be bored." in this respect, the last boss was pretty perfect... from such a tiny (optional) segment of NMH1 being the genesis for the last boss, and by association, the entire NMH2 it's actually pretty funny and a big HA HA to everyone in Japan for ignoring the game ;). Joking. Also, it's a pretty funny retcon, considering the UAA was revealed to be pretty much a con in the first one, and now in the 2nd, it's a legitimate organization that's reached mainstream popularity and extensive TV coverage. Why bother trying to explain that, when we can just tell the players it's too boring to know? :lol

Anyway, I think he is suppose to be brothers with HS/SK... his paleness is similar to theirs, and he has weird tattoos like they do. It also jives with the way SH talks about this just being the first part of 'their' plan from the very beginning. And JBJ later echos his words about Travis' killing having consequences, etc. Though I did notice the guy who pulls the trigger on Bishop is one of the 'kill the leader' dudes in one of the Revenge missions. Nice touch again.

Aside from the obvious Batman/Bane nod with JBJ, did that fight also remind anyone of the Spencer/Wesker/Chris/Jill RE5 fight? Clearly a stretch, but something about the library-like setting, the 2 on 1, the ability to fall out the window and die, JBJ quick teleporting moves (like Wesker dodging the gun bullets Matrix-style) and the way he punches.. i dunno, a stretch, but it came to mind.

G.O.O.

Mayor Haggar said:
Crows Zero?
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169360

GS: I can't say anything along those lines because that would already reveal too much. But if I have to say something, I'd mention a Japanese movie called Crows Zero [editor's guess based on the translation] and a Japanese TV show called Rookies [another guess]. Rookies is a high-school baseball drama, but there's a soul about it that I picked up on and use.
But's that for his next game, not NMH. I was wrong :/

John Harker said:
Anyway, I think he is suppose to be brothers with HS/SK... his paleness is similar to theirs, and he has weird tattoos like they do. It also jives with the way SH talks about this just being the first part of 'their' plan from the very beginning. And JBJ later echos his words about Travis' killing having consequences, etc. Though I did notice the guy who pulls the trigger on Bishop is one of the 'kill the leader' dudes in one of the Revenge missions. Nice touch again.
Well, I don't like the idea of Batt being the other two's brother. He's pale because he's a nerd, the other two are albinos (red eyes), and other than that he doesn't have anything in common with them. I think SH made a deal with him, nothing more... he doesn't even mention his father, who's supposed to also be dead. Whereas there are three CEO assassination missions in NMH iirc.

And I believe every "kill the target" guy is one of the five who killed Bish. They have very recognizeable looks.

EzLink

Banned
G.O.O. said:
And I believe every "kill the target" guy is one of the five who killed Bish. They have very recognizeable looks.

Christ, I think you are right. That's a huge fucking missed opportunity :/ They could have played that up and those missions would have had so much more impact

John Harker said:
I'm pretty sure you end up fighting all of Bishop's killers through the revenge missions.

Edit: Man, I'm really wishing they had tried to go for 60FPS again for Desperate Struggle. At least the cutscenes should have been. :\ Even if it is inconsistent in the original, it's worth it for the when it is 60FPS.

ColdSoup

Neo Member
I've just completed No More Heroes 1 on bitter difficulty today. And so now I'm starting No More Heroes 2. So far the game has been pretty fun. The graphics and animation are much better. The music is good so far. The combat system seems to have changed for the better. There appears to be no pre-frame cancels in No More Heroes 2, which forces the player to put more thought into offensive and defensive tactics. Which is really good. The story so far is pretty entertaining and so are the characters. And the level design so far is a step up from the first game.

However I've noticed a few issues with the game. The camera in No More Heroes 2 is awful, just horrible. It is far worse than the original. What were they thinking? Recharging the beam sword is an absolute pain. Especially when your beam sword gets depleted by projectile or melee attacks that leave you defenseless almost instantaneously in the middle of a mob or against projectile spamming enemies. Its bad design plain and simple.

Also one major concern that has not been addressed in NMH2 is that when your fighting bosses and you hit them with an attack, the bosses are sometimes not hit stunned and instantly attack while being hit making it impossible to avoid being hit. Which means that you are automatically left at a disadvantage. And you can not avoid being hit no matter what you do. Which is absolutely freaking stupid. :lol

But so far I'm enjoying the game.

Poyunch

I disagree with the theory that Skelter Helter, Helter Skelter, and Pizza Batt, Jr. are related. Personally I think Skelter Helter and Batt Jr. teamed up because both had a grudge against Travis. I find it kind of weird that Skelter Helter wouldn't care about his father being dead.

Next. I think brothers and father are applicable to the assassination gigs related to Pizza Butt in the original because you can replay the gig as many times as you want. It makes sense that after the original Pizza Batt died his sons replaced him only to be killed again by Travis in a cycle until Travis eventually moved on and Pizza Batt Jr. was the next in line to take over.

ColdSoup said:
However I've noticed a few issues with the game. The camera in No More Heroes 2 is awful, just horrible. It is far worse than the original. What were they thinking? Recharging the beam sword is an absolute pain. Especially when your beam sword gets depleted by projectile or melee attacks that leave you defenseless almost instantaneously in the middle of a mob or against projectile spamming enemies. Its bad design plain and simple.
Recharging was definitely harder. The gunmen were a real pain in the ass this time, so I quickly learned to fuck their shit up before the other thugs.

Dascu

1. About Takashi Miike's involvement: Bishop's video store is called Beef Head. Suda has said in an interview that this name was inspired by a Japanese film named Gozu. Guess who the director of that one is? Yep.
2. Regarding final boss:
Jasper refers to the previous 3 Pizza Bat/Butt CEOs whom Travis slaughtered in the first game as part of the assassination missions. Funny how these generic, forgettable thugs from the original who didn't even have their own unique models now turned out to be the brothers and father of the main villain of this game. I really love that. It's one of those reminders that everyone you kill actually has a family or friends who want to take revenge on you.

He's not related to Skelter Helter and Helter Skelter. They just had a common enemy so they made a deal.

EzLink said:
Christ, I think you are right. That's a huge fucking missed opportunity :/ They could have played that up and those missions would have had so much more impact
It's true. They dropped a chance there to flesh out the story regarding Travis' revenge a bit more.

Sad_Panda

Currently stuck on Rank #7 fight : any good tips
for knocking Ryujioff the cliff
? The
Schepltiger's
controls are incredibly sloppy.
Aside from that, I'm surprised by the fact my playthrough on Mild has pretty much been a total cakewalk so far. Bosses in NMH1 gave me far more trouble.

EDIT : nevermind, did it by sheer luck.

Top Bottom