• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

G.O.O.

I could see a NMH3 starring Henry, since he's pretty much Travis' alter ego. It would probably look totally different, though.

Also, two arguments for a possible sequel :

- Kimmy Howell not being dead and Travis inviting her to come back and see him again
- Post-ending sequence. "Santa destroy needs us"

A funny idea for the sequel would be to draw reference from allegedly high-brow tales of violence and revenge, eliminating all the low-brow stuff. The joke would be to have it be just as crass and immature.

G.O.O. said:
I could see a NMH3 starring Henry, since he's pretty much Travis' alter ego. It would probably look totally different, though.

- Kimmy Howell not being dead and Travis inviting her to come back and see him again

A sequel starring
Kimmy would be awesome since she's pretty much the female version of Travis.

Milabrega

I'd love to see a sequel that sees the return of the Overworld in Santa Destroy. Maybe having the whole town go to shit with competing Assassin Leagues fighting in stages and on the streets. Since Sylvia left and the UAA dissolved, let there be 3 separate organizations all fighting for power in the void left by the UAA ending. You can have Shinobu, Henry and Kimmy all fighting up the ranks of those respective leagues, while Travis is out trying to re-establish order in Santa Destroy.

botticus

G.O.O. said:

Might as well make it a party.
Team Travis, Sylvia, Henry, Shinobu, Kimmy versus all

Dascu

Milabrega said:
I'd love to see a sequel that sees the return of the Overworld in Santa Destroy. Maybe having the whole town go to shit with competing Assassin Leagues fighting in stages and on the streets. Since Sylvia left and the UAA dissolved, let there be 3 separate organizations all fighting for power in the void left by the UAA ending. You can have Shinobu, Henry and Kimmy all fighting up the ranks of those respective leagues, while Travis is out trying to re-establish order in Santa Destroy.
There's two routes they could take for a hypothetical third game:
- Keep the map system from NMH2 and expand it. Maybe more than just Santa Destroy? Worldwide assassin fights?
- Go back to the openworld of NMH1, but do it properly this time.

As for main character... Someone new definitely. A girl would be nice. Something to change up the gameplay as well, like different weapons.

Edit: By the way, am I the only one who thinks the Rank Up music sounds a little sad?

G.O.O.

Also, please allow
Letz Shake
to be back again. Seriously. A robot, a zombie, a disembodied brain or an evil guitar pick, I don't care, I just would like to see him again.

G.O.O. said:
Also, please allow
Letz Shake
to be back again. Seriously. A robot, a zombie, a disembodied brain or an evil guitar pick, I don't care, I just would like to see him again.
Actually I'd prefer
Destroyman again

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I find the white map interesting in concept. I'm fairly convinced they in fact rendered the whole Santa Destroy out.

Several reasons:
1. Suda originally said it was going to be open world with a lot more interactivity in early interviews
2. They obviously already have a build of the overworld done from NMH1
3. When "zooming in" after selecting a location from the map, the draw distance is pretty impressive... you can see other locations far in the distance
4. During the closing credits, we get that fly by of what is obviously in-game engine and not a cinematic. The bike is driving through Santa Destroy with a sepia filter, but it looks intact to me

I wonder if somewhere later on the dev cycle they just said 'eff this' and we got the white map screen instead. It seems like a late add on - no money counter? Basic, simple design/color scheme when everything else in the game is either 8bit or totally wild and trippy? etc

_PM

All I want in a third game is to know what the hell happened with
Little Jeane from NMH1's ending.

Dizzle24

I'm still getting annoyed with the disappearing act some of my clothes are doing...:lol

I had to re-purchase a bunch of shit because things vanish for no reason.

I even lost that "option" you get after beating all of the revenge missions. :( I really wish devs could release patches for Wii games.

_PM said:
All I want in a third game is to know what the hell happened with
Little Jeane from NMH1's ending.
Travis and Sylvia didn't have sex until Desperate Struggle, so I imagine that's when she was conceived.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
John Harker said:
I find the white map interesting in concept. I'm fairly convinced they in fact rendered the whole Santa Destroy out.

Several reasons:
1. Suda originally said it was going to be open world with a lot more interactivity in early interviews
2. They obviously already have a build of the overworld done from NMH1
3. When "zooming in" after selecting a location from the map, the draw distance is pretty impressive... you can see other locations far in the distance
4. During the closing credits, we get that fly by of what is obviously in-game engine and not a cinematic. The bike is driving through Santa Destroy with a sepia filter, but it looks intact to me

I wonder if somewhere later on the dev cycle they just said 'eff this' and we got the white map screen instead. It seems like a late add on - no money counter? Basic, simple design/color scheme when everything else in the game is either 8bit or totally wild and trippy? etc

Yeah it seemed like that to me too. The credits scene in particular make it seem like they didn't want their overworld work to go to total waste. I guess they just didn't have the resources to make the overworld how they wanted to.

G.O.O.

ninj4junpei said:
Travis and Sylvia didn't have sex until Desperate Struggle, so I imagine that's when she was conceived.
Actually they had sex in NMH 1. That's what Travis meant when he told Henry that "she's a bad wife, but a good woman"

G.O.O. said:
Actually they had sex in NMH 1. That's what Travis meant when he told Henry that "she's a bad wife, but a good woman"
Sylvia said Travis only had "just a taste", so I thought that meant they only kissed. I guess "full course meal" just meant the addition of the yoga positions and other stuff.

G.O.O.

ninj4junpei said:
Sylvia said Travis only had "just a taste", so I thought that meant they only kissed. I guess "full course meal" just meant the addition of the yoga positions and other stuff.
They kissed after the fight with Volodarskii. It went further after Jeane, when Sylvia appears out of nowhere, after Travis says her name like he wants her to fulfill her promise.

_PM

G.O.O. said:
They kissed after the fight with Volodarskii. It went further after Jeane, when Sylvia appears out of nowhere, after Travis says her name like he wants her to fulfill her promise.

See, that's why we need the 3rd game to clarify all this :lol

G.O.O.

Crap. I wanted to PM doomed1 because I remembered he liked making literary interpretations of bosses in NMH1 (or am I mistaking with someone else ?), and I have a few ideas about NMH2's but can't get it together. But I just saw that he's banned. Fuck, what happened ?

And maybe someone else can help me (and get over my bad English) ?

Ryuuga

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I like this game sometimes and other times think it might be the worst thing I've ever played in my life.

I feel the same way and maybe for the same reasons all together. Yet, I can't stop playing the damn thing.

I'm at this bike portion and I honestly feel like this part of the game could have been made by three year olds, or video game design students, or anything but experience game designers.

AcciDante

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm at this bike portion and I honestly feel like this part of the game could have been made by three year olds, or video game design students, or anything but experience game designers.

Yeah, that part was really bad. I was kind of embarassed for the makers, haha.

Nicktals

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:

Yeah, that was absolutely the worst part of the entire series. Just abysmal.

I didn't mind it in theory...but in my opinion, if you're going to branch off so wildly in gameplay like that (which I'm okay with), then you need to either a.) make it easy, or b.) put some sort of 'trick' in.

Like, if you want to keep everything about the bike fight the same, but then make it so that you can still push him when he's charging by 'jumping' the bike before contact, then it would've worked for me.

I spent maybe 45 minutes on that part on bitter, and eventually i won when he glitched, or something, and just went off the cliff while turbo-ing very close to it.

Rovert40

Neo Member
Nicktals said:
I spent maybe 45 minutes on that part on bitter, and eventually i won when he glitched, or something, and just went off the cliff while turbo-ing very close to it.

It took me about 30 seconds on bitter, because I'd already figured out that I could park at the edge and wait for him to try to ram me. Then I just turboed out of the way. :lol

robot

Was looking forward to playing this with the classic controller pro, but the controller I bought is bootleg and recently discovered the right stick is mapped backwards :lol. Makes dodging and finishers extra confusing.

Besides that, game is a blast so far - minigames are a lot of fun too.

wRATH2x

Banned
I hope there is a third game with Travis!

Both NMH1&2 were great games, both have there own pros and cons. All Suda's gotta do is take the best parts of both and mash them together while having more bosses, weapons, enemy types, minigames, clothes, etc.

Can't wait!

Nicktals said:

The same thing happened to me. Kept trying to stay around the edge and move out of the way but the camera kept fucking me up. I thought that was gonna give me the most trouble in bitter mode but the fuckin final boss beat it by a mile.

I played a lot today and I don't know what the deal is. I honestly can't tell if this game is better than NMH and I'm starting to question if I actually liked NMH in the first place!

Like, man oh man was I excited to play as
Shinobu
. And it was fun at first. But then they start demanding, like, platforming and the jump system they have in the game isn't built for what the level design wanted to do. And oh my god, that second level. Oh my god. I was this close to throwing my wiimote at my TV when I fell off a bridge between roofs because I was targetting one of the guys with SMGs in order to block. Then when I tried to get up try not to target, I get knocked down by the shot and fall off when I get up off the ground.

This game seems like they went "NMH! With more! I don't care if it doesn't work, KEEP ADDING THINGS!"

And like 65% of the time that's okay, but the rest of the time it's really infuriating.

I also don't think I should have played this right after playing Bayonetta. Not being able to dodge attacks easily really frustrates me.

Chairhome

Finally finished. The game was great, but I have some things I need cleared up:
- Was the relationship between Henry/Sylvia/Travis revealed in the first game? I don't remember it.
- I didn't quite understand the whole Sylvia/Travis in the peepshow thing? I mean, it was obvious that it was those two the whole time, but why was she there? Did she lose her memory or something?
- I read some of the previous posts, and you guys have great memories, haha. I was going to ask about the whole Pizza Batt's bros and father thing, but now I don't have to, and totally didn't notice that the "targets" were the actual guys who killed Bishop. Nice

Xamdou said:
How do you do the side-step move?
I believe you just tap to the side as soon as they swing at you while you are targeting an enemy.

Chairhome said:
Finally finished. The game was great, but I have some things I need cleared up:
- Was the relationship between Henry/Sylvia/Travis revealed in the first game? I don't remember it.
- I didn't quite understand the whole Sylvia/Travis in the peepshow thing? I mean, it was obvious that it was those two the whole time, but why was she there? Did she lose her memory or something?
- I read some of the previous posts, and you guys have great memories, haha. I was going to ask about the whole Pizza Batt's bros and father thing, but now I don't have to, and totally didn't notice that the "targets" were the actual guys who killed Bishop. Nice

I believe you just tap to the side as soon as they swing at you while you are targeting an enemy.
-If you're talking about Sylvia being Henry's wife and Travis' brother,then yes, it was.
-I believe that after the final battle, she quit the UAA and eventually ended up there. And she didn't lose her memory, as she was recounting each of the bosses to Travis. Or at least that's what I got out of it.

BorkBork said:
Man the Meat is so simple and genius.

yeah my personal fave honestly. I wish it was more than 3 levels.

Why's everyone talking NMH3 so much? I'd rather talk NMH2 more and just random whatnots from that.

One thing I do think worked so much better in this game than the first was the roulettes. Each one was useful and usually made gluts in combat fun again.

G.O.O.

G.O.O. said:
Crap. I wanted to PM doomed1 because I remembered he liked making literary interpretations of bosses in NMH1 (or am I mistaking with someone else ?), and I have a few ideas about NMH2's but can't get it together. But I just saw that he's banned. Fuck, what happened ?

And maybe someone else can help me (and get over my bad English) ?
Grrr...

never mind -.-

G.O.O.

Dascu said:
Hey, I wouldn't mind exchanging theories.
I don't really have a solid theory, just some ideas here and there revolving around female/male relationships, loneliness and ageing. I'm trying to connect dots and find a progress through the game, like how Travis learned to kill a woman in NMH.

For instance, I think there's something about rape and men mistreating women in
- Rank 50
hoe throwing
- Rank 25
Charlie Macdonald is the cheerleading squad's idol and leads them to their death
- Kimmy
she looks like she's been raped when Travis is over with her
- Rank 23
probably the bondage, also very strong sexual vibe
- Rank 8
the way N.D. talks to Shinobu, using misogynistic insults and turning around her like he was about to rape her
- maybe rank 9 too, but I can't really put my finger on it (the guy reminds me of a paedophile)

I'll develop the rest later

Dascu

Chairhome said:
Posted at SRK, don't know if its been posted here, but here is what the photos that are being burned before the rank 2 fight look like.
They seem to hint that Margaret/Alice have a family relationship? someone mentioned they might be sisters. And someone also posted that the house looks like the house in the Matt Helms fight
Posted before.
Can't be the Matt Helms house. That burned down 30 years prior, IIRC. Now unless Alice and Margaret stopped aging (hey, Naomi did it)...

Jenga

Banned
G.O.O. said:
I don't really have a solid theory, just some ideas here and there revolving around female/male relationships, loneliness and ageing. I'm trying to connect dots and find a progress through the game, like how Travis learned to kill a woman in NMH.

For instance, I think there's something about rape and men mistreating women in
- Rank 50
hoe throwing
- Rank 25
Charlie Macdonald is the cheerleading squad's idol and leads them to their death
- Kimmy
she looks like she's been raped when Travis is over with her
- Rank 23
probably the bondage, also very strong sexual vibe
- Rank 8
the way N.D. talks to Shinobu, using misogynistic insults and turning around her like he was about to rape her
- maybe rank 9 too, but I can't really put my finger on it (the guy reminds me of a paedophile)

I'll develop the rest later
Seems a bit reaching. Not to say it isn't there, but yeah.

thefro

Nicktals said:

That happened to me too... I was doing donuts trying to find him and he just fell off. :lol

Alucrid

Banned
Before I buy this game I want to play the first one. Should I pick it up for the Wii or should I wait and see if the PS3/360 remake is coming over to the states first?

Dascu

Alucrid said:
Before I buy this game I want to play the first one. Should I pick it up for the Wii or should I wait and see if the PS3/360 remake is coming over to the states first?
Not only is it very much in doubt that the PS360 port is ever getting localized, it would at the very least be a long wait, it would miss the Wiimote controls (which were pretty good) and it would be a lot more expensive than the Wii version. Just get the original Wii game.

Alucrid said:

No, no man, definitely wait for the HD versions, because judging from how NMH2 plays with a standard controller, (which is fantastically, btw) you won't be missing the awful wiimote at all. It's so much better having the buttons spread really far out, and having to move tiny little analog sticks around every three seconds to finish killing someone.

So, so good.

MNC

Mayor Haggar said:
No, no man, definitely wait for the HD versions, because judging from how NMH2 plays with a standard controller, (which is fantastically, btw) you won't be missing the awful wiimote at all. It's so much better having the buttons spread really far out, and having to move tiny little analog sticks around every three seconds to finish killing someone.

So, so good.
At first I was like o_O?

but then I was like :3

Top Bottom