• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

2iqh4cx.jpg

I guess? I still haven't seen crystal clear good quality direct feed of the game, all the footage I've seen looks really grainy and crap. Has the high-quality version of the IGN review been uploaded yet to youtube?

Poyunch

The European and Japanese versions of No More Heroes had the best boxart of the series. I guess someone thought it was okay to cheap out on the boxart this time since the NA version of NMH sold the best. :lol

wRATH2x

Banned
Lazy vs Crazy said:
I thought the entire point of the hub world in the first was to show what awful, terrible filler hub worlds are.
I'm not sure of that.
Mayor Haggar said:
I honestly thought it was made in a way to make Santa Destroy look like the biggest shit hole in the world.
I think so, and since this game is darker I hoped for a hub world willed with enemies and shit.

Dascu

Not going to watch that review, did watch the trailer though.

I'm still in disbelief that we're getting a sequel to NMH. Seriously, wow.

CaVaYeRo

Ridley327 said:
Well, I know what I'm doing when I get rich! I wonder how he'd go about tackling the jaguar head breasts.

The thing is he already said it took inspiration from El Topo (obviously), but just think about what he can do with The Holly Mountain, or what he could take from his Burnout Paradise love :D

BTW, I'd rather prefer El Incal, probably my favorite comic and an awesome world to put in a videogame. After all, Difool shares a lot of things with Suda's characters :lol

Dascu

CaVaYeRo said:
The thing is he already said it took inspiration from El Topo (obviously), but just think about what he can do with The Holly Mountain, or what he could take from his Burnout Paradise love :D

BTW, I'd rather prefer El Incal, probably my favorite comic and an awesome world to put in a videogame. After all, Difool shares a lot of things with Suda's characters :lol
The Meta-Barons should get a video game adaptation as well.

Dascu said:
Not going to watch that review, did watch the trailer though.

I thought this was one of Rising Star's better selling games(outside Japan), not that shocking.

Dascu

yankeeforever2 said:
I thought this was one of Rising Star's better selling games(outside Japan), not that shocking.
Well I never expected it to sell as much to warrant a sequel.

MNC

God, I love the graphical polish everyone got. Naomi 1 vs Naomi 2 (sans titties) looks really good. The lighting is great.

CaVaYeRo

Dascu said:
The Meta-Barons should get a video game adaptation as well.

Hey! I remember your old investigations on the first one story-K7 references :D

And yes, Los Metabarones also fits!

I'm now starting Los Borgia, though. Also, Moebius VS GHM artist would be just awesome!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dascu said:

Not just that, but a sequel that seems to have improved every aspect of the original. How many times does that happen? Visuals look night and day, they removed the biggest complaint about the original, and added in more boss fights while turning the crazy dial to 11.

From what we know so far its exactly what everyone would want. Which is...frightening.

Dascu

EatChildren said:
Not just that, but a sequel that seems to have improved every aspect of the original. How many times does that happen? Visuals look night and day, they removed the biggest complaint about the original, and added in more boss fights while turning the crazy dial to 11.

From what we know so far its exactly what everyone would want. Which is...frightening.
They even made those terrible motion-controls optional!

Luigiv

Mayor Haggar said:
Hmm....let me see...

naomi_2.jpg

vs.

j0l82a.jpg

Don't think so.

No, yeah, I was right the first time. I think they're a bit bigger.
Actually by the looks of things, her Breasts are the same size, but since her top has a lower cut, it gives the illusion that they're bigger. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

Edit: Quick and dirty MSpaint job.
naomi_3.jpg

Hmm, maybe they're a little bigger

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Luigiv said:
Actually by the looks of things, her Breasts are the same size, but since her top has a lower cut, it gives the illusion that they're bigger. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

This is true. They were huuuge in the original, here she's just got them more exposed.

But, you know, thats Santa Destroy for you.

samratty

CaVaYeRo said:

It's The Holy Mountain, not Holly, lol. But yeh totally agree a game based on it, or taking influence from it could turn out absolutely incredible. Just having Jodorowsky mention in reference to computer games is very pleasing.

Also if that's the final NTSC cover, wow. I hope it ends up like that in PAL land too.

wRATH2x

Banned
I forgot to ask, so since there's no overworld. How do you get around Santa Destroy? Don't tell me through a menu screen.

EatChildren

Wrath2X said:
I forgot to ask, so since there's no overworld. How do you get around Santa Destroy? Don't tell me through a menu screen.

954479_20091214_790screen007.jpg

NotWii

Banned
Wrath2X said:
Bingo

I actually liked driving round Santa Destroy, as long as I didn't have to restart a mission

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Okay, breaking my blackout to say I caved and just watched the new launch trailer...

explosion.jpg

Is 'explodegasam" a word? It should be.

Awesome job on that black boxart mockup, too.

Too bad the first few pages of the thread kinda got ruined, glad we were able to avoid any of that last time. But generally NMH-Heads are good people so looking forward to Round 2.

Please tell me this will be in stores Tuesday...?
maybe I'll take the day off

Ridley327

Yeah, it's hard-street dated for Tuesday, so you'll be able to pick it up when the doors open; same with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Mass Effect 2.

Top Bottom