• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle |OT| of Ultimate Vengeance (loli too)

G.O.O.

Bleh, I'm european, I usually import the games I want to play, but I don't want to import NMH since I expect Rising Star to give a better boxart/manual, as well as a copy that my wii will still be able to read after an accidental update.

Have fun for us, guys !

Rupt

Banned
G.O.O. said:
Bleh, I'm european, I usually import the games I want to play, but I don't want to import NMH since I expect Rising Star to give a better boxart/manual, as well as a copy that my wii will still be able to read after an accidental update.

Have fun for us, guys !

What's up with rising star not telling us anything, we don't even have a rough release date. I asked a guy in GAME and he had no idea either

ILikeFeet

Banned
Rupt said:
What's up with rising star not telling us anything, we don't even have a rough release date. I asked a guy in GAME and he had no idea either

As usual, Rising Star has to be late with everything. i dont think they even put out Rune Factory Frontier yet.

Wait, it's available in Newark? Fuck...should I make the trip?

If I do, this will be the 2nd game in a row I've gotten early (Bayonetta being the first).

G.O.O.

Rupt said:
RSG doesn't have a japanese version to work with this time, does it ?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
G.O.O. said:
RSG doesn't have a japanese version to work with this time, does it ?
Guess not.
I don't think PALand has to wait too long. At least, no longer than the difference in release based on the first game.

If they are working from the NA release, than it could even be shorter for some regions.

cosmicblizzard said:
Wait, it's available in Newark? Fuck...should I make the trip?

If I do, this will be the 2nd game in a row I've gotten early (Bayonetta being the first).

Yeah, I pretty much have been getting every street dated game 5-7 days early for about two years now because of the stores in Newark. But it's not just there, there are places in New York and other major city areas that put out games as soon as they get them, as long as you look beyond the Gamestops/Targets/Best Buys/etc.

Oxx

Rising Star announced their Q1 2010 line-up back in October last year, and I'm pretty sure most of it still hasn't come out yet.

I assume NMH2 be sometime in Q2, but they're not going to say anything until they shove Fragile, Half Minute Hero, Rune Factory etc out the door.

InternHertz said:
Same here :D
Hopefully I'll receive the game on Friday and won't need to wait a week to play it unlike other games I import from Canada ^^

HYPE+1

Yup, me too! :D Same situation as you too, before Christmas, my VG+ stuff was taking around 2 weeks to get to me (UK) but my last order at the start of the year was only 5 days or so. NMH 2 and ME 2 next weekend hopefully! :O :D

MYE said:
In black

10nuv68.jpg

I'm in love...

G.O.O.

Surgeon Rocket said:
Guess not.
I don't think PALand has to wait too long. At least, no longer than the difference in release based on the first game.

If they are working from the NA release, than it could even be shorter for some regions.
Hope you're right, but I'm pessimistic. No news is bad news :/

By the way, is there a kind photoshop user in this thread ?

Luigi87

Certainly excited about this... Trying to finally beat my Bitter mode run of NMH I've been putting off for so long.

Hopefully between assignments next week, I'll find time to play this >.<... No, I will find time!

Rupt

Banned
ILikeFeet said:
As usual, Rising Star has to be late with everything. i dont think they even put out Rune Factory Frontier yet.

no they havn't however we know that frontier will be out in march

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Fantastical said:
Just bought No More Heroes from eBay. It only took me until the sequel came out to buy the first. :lol

I just bought it in a store... unfortunately it came packaged with Red Steel - which I have no interest in.

Nekobo

I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :D

0122102009-1.jpg

0122101928a.jpg

GOTY? Hell yeah

Ubisoft went cheap with the instruction booklet...8 pages, black and white. NMH deserves better! Oh well, time to get my moe on...

Luigiv

Nekobo said:
Ubisoft went cheap with the instruction booklet...8 pages, black and white. NMH deserves better! Oh well, time to get my moe on...
Guess that means I'm better off waiting for the local version then.

5 hours in, the game really did improve on the original in pretty much every aspect.

Story is great so far with funny scenes, unique bosses, etc. I'm not missing the free roam map in the slightest. Playing with Jeane is fun, but the jobs to make money are kind of too long to be very fun. It seems like the pizza one is the easiest for me to make cash on so far. Fighting is as good as ever. I also cant help myself from playing that damn vertical shooter every time i go back to the motel, it is damn addicting.

Let me know if you guys have any questions

I still can't believe Ubisoft didn't do shit to promote this game. Those fuckers should have supported this way more, since the original NMH was a critical hit and a cult classic.

I'm replaying No More Heroes 1 to get ready for No More Heroes 2 and checking out the t-shirt shop and all the t-shirts I never bought. I just discovered there's a few Flower, Sun and Rain logo t-shirts for sale. That's so awesome, I'd never heard of the game when I first played NMH but played the DS version that came out since then and loved it.

wRATH2x

Banned
Wait wait!

Where did you guys get it early? Big stores or what? Where I live I know a place, but I'm not sure I'll find it? So what are my chances!?

FUCK I need this now!!!

Poyunch

Wrath2X said:
Wait wait!

Where did you guys get it early? Big stores or what? Where I live I know a place, but I'm not sure I'll find it? So what are my chances!?

FUCK I need this now!!!
Judging from the pictures and comments I'm assuming this is a review copy for the press.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Nekobo said:
GOD DAMN YOU UBISOFT! Even NMH1 had 19 pages, what's the malfunction?

NotWii

Banned
voodoopanda said:
I'm replaying No More Heroes 1 to get ready for No More Heroes 2 and checking out the t-shirt shop and all the t-shirts I never bought. I just discovered there's a few Flower, Sun and Rain logo t-shirts for sale. That's so awesome, I'd never heard of the game when I first played NMH but played the DS version that came out since then and loved it.
Have you played Killer 7?
There's a Flower, Sun and Rain reference towards the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh5ZEZwtX2E

Top Bottom