• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NOA reveals line-up for Nintendo DS/3DS [Dates, Trailers, Delays, Announcements]

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Announce more dates at a Nintendo Direct? Or allow the publisher to do it themselves at a conference like Gamescom or TGS?

Maybe because in the next days Konami will announce the release date for this year and then say "SURPISE!"
I still remember a Sega PR where they listed every title aside Mad World, despite this having a release date already. It's possible.

Because there is no release date?

That makes no sense as not everything on the list has an exact release date. It just shows that it's coming in the next 5 months. Some games on the list have exact release dates and some games don't. Considering they already said they were basically shooting for Fall/Holiday this year @E3 it would still be on the list and just not have a date next to it.

Foffy

Banned
Code of Princess
Adventure Time
Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
Wario Land II
Unchained Blades
999: Virtue's Last Reward
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate

The line up is missing a few things like Luigi's Mansion, Etrian Odyssey, Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing (I thought they were all 2013 anyway, some were confirmed to be before), but with all the above and maybe a few missing I would hardly call that disappointing for the 3DS.

That list won't be setting the 3DS on fire. The only standout titles seem to be Epic Mickey, Paper Mario, and Castlevania. And considering they're going to be released during already packed months, I still fathom the 3DS will be doing lukewarm here. And maybe deservedly so, due to the way NoA's been the last few years.

Probably just not listed. PES2013 isn't either, and that was confirmed already too.

I'd peg Castlevania around October or something. In respect for Luigi's Mansion, aside from padding out their Q1-lineup, maybe Nintendo didn't want two (somewhat) thematically-similar games coming out at the same time.

(I know they're not the same at all but ghosts and Halloween and shit, man.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Luigi's Mansion got delayed but we're getting a sequel to Fluidity, the best downloadable game of the generation, in its place? Sounds like an upgrade to me.

Is it really that good? I see it's available for 150 coins on Club Nintendo.

Hale-XF11

Huh, I guess it's just Skylanders before the end of year for me and nothing else, assuming n-space doesn't screw up a good thing.

TDLink

That makes no sense as not everything on the list has an exact release date. It just shows that it's coming in the next 5 months. Some games on the list have exact release dates and some games don't. Considering they already said they were basically shooting for Fall/Holiday this year @E3 it would still be on the list and just not have a date next to it.

It is definitely odd but Nintendo has left stuff off of lists in the past in order for announcements to be made elsewhere so I wouldn't be surprised. The other possibility is the stuff not on the list isn't coming until December...which isn't included in the PR.

I used my coins on it about a week ago.

It's really fun with great implementation of tilt controls. Really one of the best titles on Wiiware, right up there with World of Goo and Cave Story.

Huh, I guess it's just Skylanders before the end of year for me and nothing else, assuming n-space doesn't screw up a good thing.

I can not for the life of me understand why someone would pass on Code of Princess. :(

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Somebody here should promote Code of Princess, Unchained Blades, Zero Escape, and other titles most people don't know about because they're not from Nintendo. Perhaps this will get people to be a bit more positive about the lineup.

There are Konami games on the list though.
Only some of their Virtual Console games. None of their announced retail stuff is listed (Castlevania MOF, PES2013) nor are other VC releases we know about (Quarth, Castlevania Adventure, etc). Again, this is only a partial release list.

mollipen

I am surprised to see people surprised that Etrian Odyssey IV isn't on the list. Atlus wouldn't let the first announcement of the game's NA release come via a list like this—they'd want to make the announcement for themselves.

The game not being on the list means nothing in terms of its release date so far as I'm concerned.

AniHawk

Nintendo 3DS
Aksys Games Localization, Inc. Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward Oct. 23
Nintendo New Super Mario Bros. 2 Aug. 19
Nintendo Paper Mario: Sticker Star Nov. 11

Nintendo DS

Nintendo Pokémon Black Version 2 Oct. 7

well that's easy hopefully the tru b2g1f happens right when virtue's last reward comes out so i can get that, nsmb2, and pokemon b2.

and a maybe on epic mickey.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
....and people can point out RE:R, Kid Icarus, NSMB, and Kingdom Hearts 3D all they want (and as much as I love RE:R and Kid Icarus) but none of them are higher than 85 on metacritic.

You take metacritic way too seriously.

I'm happy with the release list ( though if Europe gets extra, e.g. Inazuma 11, all the better).

What's more disappointing is the eShop / VC, at this rate we are never getting GBA games.

TDLink

Somebody here should promote Code of Princess, Unchained Blades, Zero Escape, and other titles most people don't know about because they're not from Nintendo. Perhaps this will get people to be a bit more positive about the lineup.

I already own Unchained Blades on PSP and it is a legitimately great RPG. Highly recommend it for anyone who likes RPGs and owns a PSP or 3DS. Haven't played the others so I can't comment.

Katzii

I love how most of the posts I saw on the first page were complaining about a lack of Luigi's Mansion, as opposed to celebrating the brilliant titles you are getting.

We don't even have release dates for Luigi over in Europe, nor for Paper Mario or Layton, both of which you do.

...Unless someone released dates for the latter two, in which case I am behind on the news.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I already own Unchained Blades on PSP and it is a legitimately great RPG. Highly recommend it for anyone who likes RPGs and owns a PSP or 3DS. Haven't played the others so I can't comment.

I figure most people would buy it for PSP, but it should be a good buy for anyone who only has a 3DS and likes RPGs. Do you know if the 3DS version will have different content?

Volcynika

Play 999. If they like that, Zero Escape VLR will be the game for them.

The fact that Revelations sold 150k says a lot.

Some fans must educate themselves.

TDLink

I figure most people would buy it for PSP, but it should be a good buy for anyone who only has a 3DS and like RPGs. Do you know if the 3DS version will have different content?

I am not sure about content but I know the 3DS version is going to have some of the UI and menu stuff on the touch screen, which is enough of an extra feature to probably make it "better" than the PSP version. Though if you don't care about navigating your menus in a little more traditionally and slowly the PSP version is great anyways. I am guessing you'll be able to put the map on the bottom screen also instead of just in the corner like on the PSP version.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Ok, it was real after all

Konami’s resurrection of the Castlevania series continues, as the breath-taking Castlevania: Lords of Shadows series heads to Nintendo 3DS in 2013 with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate. Developed by Mercury Steam and acting as a prequel to the forthcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, the Nintendo 3DS game follows Trevor and Simon Belmont as they enter the shadow-laden castle of series villain, Dracula.

Sadist

According to a PR rep from Konami at GamesCom, Castlevania Mirror of Fate won't be out until 2013.

According to Go Nintendo.

Drago

Ok, it was real after all

iboTAyscTgzxNA.gif

Roto13

I love everything about Fluidity except the controls, which stopped me from getting very far in it. *sigh*

If the 3DS version has better controls, I'm so there.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
What the fuck is NOA doing? The Q3/Q4 lineup was already kind of meh without much in the way with 3rd party, take out Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania and it's very lackluster. Animal Crossing. Where is it?

After New Super Mario Bros 2 next Sunday, I'm getting;

Pokemon Black 2
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Paper Mario Sticker Star

Sounds good to me, considering I'm also buying a Wii U. I'm done looking at Nintendo's release lists by system. I just see it as Nintendo. Nintendo has a bunch of stuff to keep me busy and my wallet empty in the coming months.

Shiggy

Luigi's Mansion delayed. Why?!

NegativeMan.png

It's developed by Next Level Games who have next to no experience in creating a deeper high-quality title. They've either released rather simple games such as Punch-Out and Mario Strikers, or they've created low budget games that haven't fared too well with reviewers. Be happy that Nintendo gives them some more time so that the game does not turn out like their latest console release; the team does not have too much experience.

Hale-XF11

I guess this marks two holidays in a row now where I will not be buying any titles from Nintendo.

What the fuck is NOA doing? The Q3/Q4 lineup was already kind of meh without much in the way with 3rd party, take out Luigi's Mansion and Castlevania and it's very lackluster. Animal Crossing. Where is it?
Making room for Wii U, sounds like.

Looks like a good release schedule to me.

- Zero Escape
- Layton
- Paper Mario
- Epic Mickey Illusion

+ all the other stuff I'm going to be getting this holiday. With Wii U coming out, and the other big hitters I'm planning on, I don't know that I would have gotten more than 4 3DS games either way. Having the others come out in Q1 2013 would be great for me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
remember when Luigi's mansion was slated for Q1 2012? Now it is Q1 2013? Fuck me

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. That's the mantra that Nintendo work to. Given that they have two Mario games coming out in the next 3 months already, they probably think it won't hurt the system's prospects to delay it polish the game more. The first Luigi's Mansion was fondly remembered because of it's Pixar-like levels of detail and polish, they would want the sequel to continue that.

EulaCapra

Huh, I thought Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon would've been a lock for Halloween.
Yup. Doesn't make sense to release it in the gay ol' bright and happy times of spring.

I'm more surprised that Nintendo actually has stuff to release this year besides Pokemon/Mario overload/Professor Layton even if it's the smaller games. I was getting quite worried by the lack of new titles and short list of 3DS games at E3.

Still... what started out as a promising 3DS lineup in 2010 has really devolved in sporadic months of availability and delay after delay heading into 2013. :/

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever. That's the mantra that Nintendo work to. Given that they have two Mario games coming out in the next 3 months already, they probably think it won't hurt the system's prospects to delay it polish the game more. The first Luigi's Mansion was fondly remembered because of it's Pixar-like levels of detail and polish, they would want the sequel to continue that.

Plus the game has, from the videos so far, been suffering some pretty apparent framerate issues. It would be good if they hammered that out.

Top Bottom