• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

jred2k

I can't believe I genuinely feel like an upcoming Halo game looks and sounds like butt. What a sad day. Halo 4 wasn't good, but I thought they might listen and bounce back, but I guess not.

I can't believe I genuinely feel like an upcoming Halo game looks and sounds like butt. What a sad day. Halo 4 wasn't good, but I thought they might listen and bounce back, but I guess not.

Omerta is still a thing here right? I won't get banned for saying I always hated Halo?

Cause if so, Halo is da bomb.com

Ithil

wk9-announcer-release.jpg

JIM ROSS SIGNS ON TO CALL GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING’S PRESENTATION OF NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING’S “WRESTLE KINGDOM 9” ON JAN. 4
NASHVILLE

Jim Ross, the preeminent voice of professional wrestling for the past four decades, has agreed to provide the play-by-play for Global Force Wrestling’s presentation of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s “Wrestle Kingdom 9” live on pay per view in North America on Jan. 4, 2015.

The Hall of Famer has called more pro wrestling PPV events than any broadcaster and is regarded as the greatest, play-by-play announcer in wrestling history. He will be returning to the mic at one of the biggest events in the world. This is the 24th year of NJPW’s annual extravaganza at the Tokyo Dome, where more than 40,000 fans from are expected to attend.

“I am truly honored and excited to have been asked to be a part of this historic event,” Ross said. “To be able to return to my roots and to provide play by play for an amazing, pro wrestling product will be special. I never thought I’d ever return to ringside for a wrestling event but this opportunity was just too special to turn down.”

GFW founder and CEO Jeff Jarrett said he had been working on lining up Ross for weeks.

“When you think of the great events in wrestling over the past 30 years one of the things they have in common is the man behind the microphone. And that man is Jim Ross,” Jarrett said. “I’m excited for this event, and I’m excited for good ol’ JR to be a part of it. GFW fans wanted him, and from day one we have said we’re going to give our fans what they want.”

The show, which will air live at 2 a.m. ET (11 p.m. PT) and re-air in prime time at 7 p.m. ET (4 PT) is available on DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Verizon Fios and all cable systems in the United States, and in Canada on Bell ExpressVu TV, Rogers, Shaw, Sasktel and Telus. Check your local listings for availability. The show also will be available on the “Flipps” app on iTunes and Android.

This year’s card is headlined by an IGWP heavyweight title match between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kazuchika Okada. The Bullet Club, of which Jarrett is a member along with AJ Styles and IWGP tag team champions Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, will appear as well.

The show will be available in English and in Japanese via the second audio program (SAP) button on your TV.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will play Unity until GTA V comes out. Then I will never play it again. It'll serve its purpose.

and still probably be better than 2k15. I kind of wish I bought Sonic Boom instead though. That's the kind of bad I can get behind.

Hasney

I think if I was going to buy a game to do me for a week, it would have been Sonic Boom over Unity for sure. Possibly Rogue. Pirates > France and lots of pop-in any day of the week.

Ploughing through Yakuza 4 instead though.

bjork

Oh shit. This is only like 45 minutes or so from my house, and about 20 from my work. Franks has never been a good place as far as parking, I wonder if it's worth standing in line with a bunch of what-chanting dickhead smarks to see the nWo...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Doesn't really resemble Halo anymore.

No one bolieved me when I said they were going down this path after COD4 took Halo 3 to the woodshed. Each subsequent game looked more and more codified but no, Bungie knows what they are doing. Then they scamper off and we get Halo 4, the first truly shitty Halo game and the most codified yet. There's no reason after that game sold as well as it did for them to reverse course. Quite the opposite really.

Fox318

Oh shit. This is only like 45 minutes or so from my house, and about 20 from my work. Franks has never been a good place as far as parking, I wonder if it's worth standing in line with a bunch of what-chanting dickhead smarks to see the nWo...

Are you a vanilla midget?

Nash doesn't like those people.

bjork

Are you a vanilla midget?

Nash doesn't like those people.

I got kind of a Jimmy Del Ray thing going right now. And if he fucked with me I'd be like "It ain't Nashvember, daddy. It's Nakanovember." Then he would reveal his wrasslegaf name and we'd high five and shit.

Striker

No one bolieved me when I said they were going down this path after COD4 took Halo 3 to the woodshed. Each subsequent game looked more and more codified but no, Bungie knows what they are doing. Then they scamper off and we get Halo 4, the first truly shitty Halo game and the most codified yet. There's no reason after that game sold as well as it did for them to reverse course. Quite the opposite really.
It's mostly 343 to me, but I see what you're saying. Reach had awesome shield feedback and fun gametypes to play in MP assuming the developer added in proper playlists. 343 really shit on the game's MP when they took over and split up the userbase and made everything into Team Slayer. It resumed that process in Halo 4 and I have no doubt it will remain in Halo 5. Not my thing, among its other problems it will surely have.

Thorakai

I'm not so big on Halo, but even if the game sold well didn't the online numbers drop significantly compared to past entries? That seems like a concerning enough trend to lead to some changes. They pulled back on the personal ordinances and made the armor powers universal, so there were some attempts to pull things back a bit.

There is always the Master Chief Collection either way :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait until this game is the one that gets gamers to swear off Ubisoft forever. That ACU is so busted, so scammy, and so lifeless that no one should ever buy it.

Until a week later when Far Cry 4 comes out and gets good reviews, and everyone buys it. Because we like climbing THESE towers, it's totally different.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not so big on Halo, but even if the game sold well didn't the online numbers drop significantly compared to past entries? That seems like a concerning enough trend to lead to some changes. They pulled back on the personal ordinances and made the armor powers universal, so there were some attempts to pull things back a bit.

There is always the Master Chief Collection either way :D

While it's true that the numbers show people leaving the fuck out of that game right quick its okay because they don't get paid based on whether or not people play it online. They got paid based on units sold. It might bite them in the ass with 5 but who knows, maybe MCC will make them forget how shitty 4 was...oh wait, they left four in the box.

I am thinking the division might not turn out so great.

Not at all.

I will play Unity until GTA V comes out. Then I will never play it again. It'll serve its purpose.

and still probably be better than 2k15. I kind of wish I bought Sonic Boom instead though. That's the kind of bad I can get behind.

This idea makes much more sense. But whatever, it is what it is. I'm playing Black Flag now and will play Unity later.

Ah that's right, kinda sucks for all the people who recently bought XB1. Maybe they should have gone the other way around and made the COD pack the cheaper one.

I guess I could have tried to trade it for Sunset Overdrive but whatever. Gonna head to Target after work to get Sunset Overdrive, Halo, and Forza Horizon 2.

I can't wait until this game is the one that gets gamers to swear off Ubisoft forever. That ACU is so busted, so scammy, and so lifeless that no one should ever buy it.

Until a week later when Far Cry 4 comes out and gets good reviews, and everyone buys it. Because we like climbing THESE towers, it's totally different.

Well, both are still Ubisoft collect-a-thons with stealth elements, but I'd be very hard pressed to say they play the same. The actual AssCreed format is busted imo, as shown by the sailing and pirating being the most compelling aspect of AC4, so I'd already decided to skip Unity well before this debacle began.

Raw64life

I haven't bought an EA, Activision or Ubisoft game since 2010. It's really not that hard to do.

Edit: I did buy South Park earlier this year but Ubisoft had basically nothing to do with the game and only swooped in to publish it after THQ went under.

I haven't bought an EA, Activision or Ubisoft game since 2010. It's really not that hard to do.

Edit: I did buy South Park earlier this year but Ubisoft had basically nothing to do with the game and only swooped in to publish it after THQ went under.

Got CoD, AC came free, and I will get Dragon Age.

3/3

Gonzalez

Banned
"Well speaking of relationships... Coming up, Tracy makes a date with fate when she goes undercover posing as a call girl. Don't miss an all new Forever Knight tonight 10/9 central on USA!" - Doc Hendrix

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Sony gets their GTA preload up earlier than usual before all the PSN servers crash. Because sony spent all their ps+ money on indies that everyone can play on their PC, 1000 year old demon vita games, and knack instead of servers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure I can count the Ubisoft games I have on one hand.

Child of Light
Ghost Recon:Shadow Wars
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Prince of Persia
Beyond Good and Evil

Yep. That's all of them.

EA? Fuck...Def Jam Vendetta?

jmdajr

Prince of Persia. Lots of those were very solid games. The first 1 for original xbox and then that reboot for 360 are both pretty awesome.

Top Bottom