• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Hasney

Whenever Cena's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Cena?"

The-Simpsons-Poochie.jpg

This guy gets it. (Yeah, I'm behind.)

Godammit...

RdDL4.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hey! I actually have you to thank for turning me on to NJPW and I just watched the first episode of Lucha Underground a couple hours ago. We don't have any sort of indie wrestling here in the Pacific Northwest, if only Pacific Northwest Wrestling would come back...

When I lived in Seattle I actually had some co-workers try to start up a federation by doing shows at local bars and stuff. The city shut them down HARD.

I'm just giving you shit because you aren't a "WWE guy."

A few days late in response and from the previous thread, but I only just now got caught up to it.

There actually is an independent promotion for the Pacific Northwest called Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling in Vancouver, B.C. . Fun shows to attend live with a respectful crowd that help enhance the experience, especially during their stronger shows such as the Pacific Cup annual tournament.

http://www.eccw.com/

DiscoJon

Banned
A few days late in response and from the previous thread, but I only just now got caught up to it.

There actually is an independent promotion for the Pacific Northwest called Elite Canadian Championship Wrestling in Vancouver, B.C. . Fun shows to attend live with a respectful crowd that help enhance the experience, especially during their stronger shows such as the Pacific Cup annual tournament.

http://www.eccw.com/

Holy crap, no shit? I had no idea this existed. I only live 23 miles from the border and around 50 some odd miles to Vancouver.

Forkball

XXKo0ln.gif

Kane

In November of 2014

Sheamus looked tired as hell in his US title match. What was the point of making both of them wrestle twice in one night? Oh that's right they have the roster depth of a kiddy pool.

Hasney

Sheamus looked tired as hell in his US title match. What was the point of making both of them wrestle twice in one night? Oh that's right they have the roster depth of a kiddy pool.

That sounds dumb.

I looked at the results and while they're repackaging Xavier, Big E, Kofi, Luke Harper and Rowan, they still could have put a couple of other matches on.

Just Gabriel, R-Truth, Darren Young and Bo Dallas were all unused. Why not put some of them into a program? Sure, no-one will give a shit initially, but they could try using them (without aborting a Bo Dallas push after a few weeks for once. I'm not a fan of his in-ring work, but sheesh.).

With as much TV as they have to fill, they should really get a cruiserweight division going. Give them half an hour a show and keep Vince away from it and there might be some entertainment and *gasp* depth.

XXKo0ln.gif

Kane

In November of 2014

ORTON TRIPS KANE OUTTA NOWHERE!! ����

8 hrs later and I still can't stop watching this big red pussy fall on his face.

I was thinking about Hog Wild (I know, right), and while I want to completely remove the idea of ever doing a wrestling event centered on bikers and Sturgis, I think there was something there with the basic idea. It's something WWE will never do because of their boring venues, and it will likely never happen because only billionaire Ted(brother) would be willing to put up the kind of money to fund crazy wrestling venues, I think they could have made the idea better.

Take the concept but just make it an outdoor arena with a movie drive-in type deal. Same setup as Hog Wild but just have fans drive there in their cars an sit on the roof of their cars to watch wrasslin'. I really liked the mountainside view in Hog Wild. It's one of the few things I remembered about it, and they could have even themed a Halloween Havoc around it, so you could be all 'spooky nighttime drive-in theater grindhouse.'

It's all just a gimmick, but that's all that wrestling is. At least it would be something different instead of all these arenas that WWE uses that all look basically the same.

I really liked the racist bikers only coming alive to voice their displeasure at Harlem Heat in Hog Wild.

Kane puts over Orton even when he's unconscious, that's commitment.
...Yeah I'm all out of excuses, Glen pls retire and stop this madness, you were supposed to go out in a flaming casket fist bumping Taker on the way in or something, not like this, not like this.

In other non news, WWE still pitiful as ever I see.

...Yeah I'm all out of excuses, Glen pls retire and stop this madness, you were supposed to go out in a flaming casket fist bumping Taker on the way in or something, not like this, not like this.

Man that really was the dream wasn't it. Kane v Undertaker killing each other at Wrestlemania or something. Both retiring as Brothers of Destruction never to be seen again. Dammit.

XXKo0ln.gif

Kane

In November of 2014

That's just true professionalism right there by Rollins. If that were me I would have buckled and started laughing.

zychi

Banned
Man that really was the dream wasn't it. Kane v Undertaker killing each other at Wrestlemania or something. Both retiring as Brothers of Destruction never to be seen again. Dammit.
They could have had masked kane retire with taker, and just make a new character for unmaksed ggg.

Alucard

Banned
ROH TV Results and Review for Episode 163:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...14-ciampa-speaks-sydal-returns-against-styles
ROHTV163SydalvsStyles.jpg

-Matt Sydal vs. AJ Styles
-Brutal Burgers vs. Adam Page and BJ Whitmer
-Nigel McGuinness confronts Tommaso Ciampa
-Caprice Coleman vs. Mark Briscoe

I thought the main event was a bit of a letdown by ROH's standards, as it felt a little too short (15 minutes) and was occasionally sloppy. Otherwise, the Ciampa stuff was quite good, and The Kingdom got involved and debuted their new pose/hand sign...which is a ripoff/homage/sacrilege of The Four Horsemen. Check out the images below.

The Kingdom pisses off wrestling historians.

Adam Page almost kills Cheeseburger.

Caprice Coleman looks like a boss.

Full card for Power Struggle this Saturday;

NJPW, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2014.11.08
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/2598

5PM JST | 9AM EU | 8AM UK | 3AM EST | 12AM PST

gISUOJV.jpg

01. Tiger Mask & Fuego vs BUSHI & Mascara Dorada
02. Super Jr. 3-Way Match: Forever Hooligans (Alex Kozlov & Rocky Romero) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado)
03. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
04. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
05. Special 8-Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
06. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) © vs ReDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
07. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi © vs Taichi
08. Special Challenge Match: Yoshitatsu vs AJ Styles
09. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Katsuyori Shibata

Alucard said:
Adam Page almost kills Cheeseburger.

Brutal, looked like he proper drilled him with that. Shame the main event didn't live up to expectations.

I think I'm going to make Wrestle Kingdom my big "Let's make a go of getting in to New Japan" time.

Also gone back to Dean, as Nash-vember seems a non starter. Rip in peace JJ

Full card for Power Struggle this Saturday;

NJPW, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2014.11.08
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/2598

5PM JST | 9AM EU | 8AM UK | 3AM EST | 12AM PST

gISUOJV.jpg

01. Tiger Mask & Fuego vs BUSHI & Mascara Dorada
02. Super Jr. 3-Way Match: Forever Hooligans (Alex Kozlov & Rocky Romero) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado)
03. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
04. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
05. Special 8-Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
06. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) © vs ReDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
07. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi © vs Taichi
08. Special Challenge Match: Yoshitatsu vs AJ Styles
09. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Katsuyori Shibata

Brutal, looked like he proper drilled him with that. Shame the main event didn't live up to expectations.
Decent card. Only the Japanese would have a system so convoluted for purchasing PPVs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Power Struggle should be pretty dope. I'm kinda curious about Yoshitatsu vs Styles, mainly because Styles is THE GUY TO WATCH in 2014. He's still my MVP of the year, definitely an incredible year for him.

Speaking of MVPs, hey bean breath:

Nbb7ppi.jpg

Hasney

Or because Nash is.

One or the other.

Besides, it's Lucha Underground promotion time right now, that carny ass Outsider can sod right off.

Fuck that. Boycotting that little carny-ass promotion now due to the disrespect and will be writing to the El Ray network to tell them I will not be obtaining their shows via questionable from now on.

Couple of points:

1. Xavier Woods should be WWE Films next star
2. I would love to see Aksana on an episode of RF Video or Kayfabe Commentaries.

Anth0ny

Amazing how much better than main event comes off last night with a clean finish. They could have easily did some horse shit interference DQ garbage with Kane. Instead, give Rollins the clean win, THEN do your angle. It was great.

Striker

Amazing how much better than main event comes off last night with a clean finish. They could have easily did some horse shit interference DQ garbage with Kane. Instead, give Rollins the clean win, THEN do your angle. It was great.
It makes sense in that regard because it led to Orton brewing over the upset loss and then took out his frustrations.

Ambrose-Rollins ending on the PPV was trash because there was absolutely no build with the way someone interfered.

Top Bottom