• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

Mutant

Just got my EVGA SC2 and installed it before work.

Didn't play any games, but I ran Firestrike Extreme and at the stock clock it's graphics score was a 56% increase from my OC'd EVGA 980 Ti FTW. (Went from 9044 to 14134.)

Oh boy oh boy. :D

edit: Also the shroud is gorgeous and it's almost exactly the same size as the 980 ti FTW. Which means two years from now it'll find a nice home in my small living room PC.

The Dude

Yea I hope mine ships tomorrow. My Aorus has been such a sad tale, I have a microstuttering that I just can't seem to shake. So getting my ftw3 and seeing what we have going on.

Sucks we haven't seen an actual review yet.

Weevilone

How is Amazon's return policy?

Thinking of just getting in the order on the FTW now, and just returning it if it sucks.

They allow very easy returns, but they track the dollar values closely and periodically blacklist accounts. When they do this you lose any digital content and cannot make a new account.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They allow very easy returns, but they track the dollar values closely and periodically blacklist accounts. When they do this you lose any digital content and cannot make a new account.

Track dollar values? That basically means they track people who frequently return things?

Weevilone

Track dollar values? That basically means they track people who frequently return things?

My understanding is that they periodically run reports that filter the value of returns per account. There are plenty of stories online and I've experienced it firsthand after I had issues with a couple Pioneer plasmas in the very early Kuro days. Mine were defects for sure and that was validated by Pioneer, so I was going back to the vendor at their recommendation. I gave that documentation to Amazon and they plainly stated that they did not care why.

In my case I'm sure it was because I had years of media purchases, but a couple high value items dwarfs that quickly. Regardless, once I started looking around there were many stories like mine, and many people hit at the same time I was.

One of the TVs had huge splotches all over the screen. The other had a line of messed up pixels all the way across the display centered vertically. It wasn't a case of being picky. Generally when people mention this they are called out as scammers, or people post their anecdotal stories about how they return stuff all the time, etc. It doesn't change the fact that they try to cast a wide net to reduce returns and they get honest people. Anyways I'd advise against returning expensive stuff there, but YMMV.

Pagusas

Elden Member
For the Amazon return thing, I have heard similar and experienced a return support person telling me on the phone that my account has been "noted" when asking for a refund on a razor, and they were giving me a curtisy notice that future returns of that scale could be an issue. (the electric razor was $700, and they told me to keep it instead of sending it back due to a shipping reasons).

The Dude

Yea I had amazon do that with my account as well,. I'm a fan of amazon but I was a bit miffed over that email I received. I have given them mother fuckers thousands upon thousands of dollars and they want to tell me my account was in some warning status for a couple returns that happened at one time with one being not of my control? Yea they can to fucking fall off a cliff with they type of thing.. I give those people endless money almost, buying from them nonstop. That's not what I want to see. I had one time ordered a monitor and it got shipped all over the fuckin place, so I called and was like where's my monitor? They couldn't tell me... It was a fiasco, then it was finally being routed to me and someone routed it back to Amazon as a return which wasn't my doing. But why it looked bad was I got an Asus monitor, it was around the x34 releases, the Asus had something wrong and I decided well I'll buy an X34 instead. So I shipped the Asus back and ordered the x34, but that x34 got messed up in shipping and like I said they routed it back as a return and sent another but on paper it looked like I returned about 2000 bucks and I totally didn't. I then got that email saying my account was flagged.... That was some bullshit.

Also my evga hasn't shipped.

igcwt4o.png

Same. I am expecting to get a shipping notification in the afternoon. Hopefully it gets here within a couple days at the most.

Weevilone

Yea I had amazon do that with my account as well,. I'm a fan of amazon but I was a bit miffed over that email I received. I have given them mother fuckers thousands upon thousands of dollars and they want to tell me my account was in some warning status for a couple returns that happened at one time with one being not of my control? Yea they can to fucking fall off a cliff with they type of thing.. I give those people endless money almost, buying from them nonstop. That's not what I want to see. I had one time ordered a monitor and it got shipped all over the fuckin place, so I called and was like where's my monitor? They couldn't tell me... It was a fiasco, then it was finally being routed to me and someone routed it back to Amazon as a return which wasn't my doing. But why it looked bad was I got an Asus monitor, it was around the x34 releases, the Asus had something wrong and I decided well I'll buy an X34 instead. So I shipped the Asus back and ordered the x34, but that x34 got messed up in shipping and like I said they routed it back as a return and sent another but on paper it looked like I returned about 2000 bucks and I totally didn't. I then got that email saying my account was flagged.... That was some bullshit.

Also my evga hasn't shipped.

When I went thru this there was no warning flag, so that's an improvement. In fact when I had to return the second defective TV, the customer service folks were super nice and they setup the RMA. Like a day or two later I got an e-mail from a different department stating that my account was closed, I couldn't make another one, that they wouldn't honor the RMA, and that the regular customer service folks would no longer respond to my inquiries.

That was the other shitty thing about it. They counted that against me, yet didn't honor the return. The damn box had stuff about their hassle free returns sticker-ed all over it.

The Dude

That sucks man.. On the flip side tho, they are easy to get money off tvs I found out. They will simply lower prices since the hdtv market is competitive. I called about my Sony x800D and said I want to buy with Amazon but I've seen some different deals and they took 150 bucks off it. Was pretty damn sweet. But if you look it up you'll see it state that they will make the exception with tvs.

Weevilone

I'm waiting for a black ELITE FTW3, not going to roll with the silver one like some peasant.

Actually did it so it would delay shipping till 5/22 so I could read reviews.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yay FTW scheduled for delivery by end of day Friday, perfect timing. Sooner would ruin by sleep schedule as I'd just be all in on installing this and testing everything out.

The Dude

Just never an update. Wouldn't worry so much but I wanna get my Aorus back, just fucking a man.

I have hope tho, still says shipping on the 1st...

I guess the only orders that got shipped out were the ones that were placed between 10-10:10 on the 28th. If you pre-ordered after 10:10am then you are getting pushed back 4-5 days to Thursday/Friday ship dates. Don't expect any cards before the 8th if you don't have upgraded shipping or yours is already shipped I'd say.

WTF?

Also EVGA preorders are getting filled first so if you got one from somewhere else it is possible that they will get pushed back as well.

The Dude

10:20 for me lol what a joke.

Yea I ordered straight thru evga, that's insane that it's not like an hour... Like anything over 11, 10 fucking minutes?

EVGA is really banking on their popularity as having the best customer service to keep their good standing with their customers.

There is no reason these cards should have came out this late and still get delayed while virtually every other major manufacturer has 2+ models out. EVGA should have been one of the first aftermarket cards available IMO. Not getting your card until a week later because you didn't get an order in a 10 minute window when their site was taking a shitter from the traffic is not okay.

Is EVGA that large of a company when it comes to everything outside of production? They've done a very good job (or bad depending on how you look at it) making it seem like there aren't many people working at the main office in California.

Just looked at Wikipedia (obviously the information is correct!!) and it only lists them at "250+" for employees at 8 different locations.

Just thinking about the amount of pre-orders their poor inventory team have to go through is nuts. It's probably not that large of a group, and they aren't going to hire more staff for the occasional week long burst when they receive their shipments from the manufacturer.

That being said, the way I just tried to explain the shipping delay demonstrates Hellshingu's point pretty well...

Top Bottom