• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

regawdless

Banned
Curious how the Chinese Golden Week now will affect availability. I guess beginning to mid November there'll be a week of even less stock coming in.
On the other hand, production has picked up significantly so there will be a lot more cards available till end of this months.

regawdless

Banned
Wohoo my FE just got delivered at home. Fortunately the wife was at home. :D

I just got notification that my TUF is ready for Store-Pickup :messenger_fearful: It went from "unknown" to "ready for pick up". Good times! :lollipop_sunglasses:

Now i have to decide which of the two i keep. a nice problem to have :lollipop_grinning:

Congrats! Looks like the TUF is better.
Both are great cards though.

regawdless

Banned
Very weird thing going on right now. Possible next chapter of this clusterfuck launch?
The Watch Dogs Legion bundle is gone at all German stores. Stores where I ordered cards with the bundle don't show it anymore. And the bundle is not listed in any order confirmation, so I have no proof that I actually bought the bundle.
To keep track of what cards I ordered with the bundle, I made screenshots of the product pages where it was shown. Hope that'll be enough proof.

But it's strange because the bundle should be available till October 29th according to Nvidia.

Nydus

Very weird thing going on right now. Possible next chapter of this clusterfuck launch?
The Watch Dogs Legion bundle is gone at all German stores. Stores where I ordered cards with the bundle don't show it anymore. And the bundle is not listed in any order confirmation, so I have no proof that I actually bought the bundle.
To keep track of what cards I ordered with the bundle, I made screenshots of the product pages where it was shown. Hope that'll be enough proof.

But it's strange because the bundle should be available till October 29th according to Nvidia.
Maybe no more stock of codes?

regawdless

Banned
Maybe no more stock of codes?

Guess that's it. Nvidia doesn't say anywhere that stock of these codes is limited, but on the MSI page it says "while supply lasts".

Now I'm hoping that I'll actually receive a code, I can imagine that they're all gone though.

regawdless

Banned
I asked a store where I ordered a 3080 including the Watch Dogs Legion bundle about the availability of the bundle and if I'll receive the promo code.
"We actually don't know and didn't receive any information from Nvidia."
Great. I guess the 3080 paper edition just received a paper promotion.

regawdless

Banned
Mindfactory.de had 20 MSI Ventus x3 OC.... For 899 euro. Of course sold out immediately with over 230 people "watching" it. Prices are nuts.

regawdless

Banned
Hahaha fucking dipshits

Jep.
Oh and RIP one of my orders. Ordered a 3080 Gainward Phoenix GS near launch for 830 euro. Got now cancelled and refunded. Is now listed for 930 euro, even without delivery date. Owner of the store said to me: "we have no idea when the card will be available. But when it'll arrive, it'll be even more expensive and gone within seconds. This whole thing is crazy!"

Rikkori

Holy cow, 15GB VRAM at 4K with texture pack😯. I wonder if it's real usage or just allocation 🤔

That's allocation. You can tell it's not unloading anything from memory because the usage simply increases as he keeps playing. It just stores everything it can, if it can. Note: In some cases this might as well be usage though, because if the game doesn't manage it properly then you get the vram-limit spikes nonetheless. Not the case with FFXV but is the case with others eg Greedfall w/ Ultra Textures.

Digital Trends is trash tier. Note how they don't mention it's gimped PQ vs the 55". And also - no judder? But the whole test sequence showcases nothing BUT judder (ACO's to blame, but still). Just another dumb ass marketer channel.

See review here for gimpage:

Last edited:
I asked a store where I ordered a 3080 including the Watch Dogs Legion bundle about the availability of the bundle and if I'll receive the promo code.
"We actually don't know and didn't receive any information from Nvidia."
Great. I guess the 3080 paper edition just received a paper promotion.

Maybe you get the codes from the manufacturer by registering the product? Or some sort of redemption process on Nvidia's site?

pawel86ck

Banned
That's allocation. You can tell it's not unloading anything from memory because the usage simply increases as he keeps playing. It just stores everything it can, if it can. Note: In some cases this might as well be usage though, because if the game doesn't manage it properly then you get the vram-limit spikes nonetheless. Not the case with FFXV but is the case with others eg Greedfall w/ Ultra Textures.

Digital Trends is trash tier. Note how they don't mention it's gimped PQ vs the 55". And also - no judder? But the whole test sequence showcases nothing BUT judder (ACO's to blame, but still). Just another dumb ass marketer channel.

See review here for gimpage:

One guy in the comments section has said there's texture swapping on his 2070 8GB at these settings, so I'm guessing game really needs more than 8GB VRAM, but probably not 15GB as OSD suggest.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
One guy in the comments section has said there's texture swapping on his 2070 8GB at these settings, so I'm guessing game really need more than 8GB, but probably not 15GB as OSD suggest.

FFXV eats memory like crazy, with 16GB it crashes to desktop without large swap file. But VRAM usage can be limited in settings.

Patrick S.

Banned
I ain't spending a single cent above €800. That is still €100 over MSRP for the basic partner cards. I'll either wait a few months for a price drop or get an AMD card. Or I just might spontaneously get a PS5. I'm not going to be scalped by a fucking greedy store.

nemiroff

Gold Member
One guy in the comments section has said there's texture swapping on his 2070 8GB at these settings, so I'm guessing game really needs more than 8GB VRAM, but probably not 15GB as OSD suggest.

Datastreaming = Not enough VRAM? FUCK, I'm gonna cancel my 10GB 3080 and wait for the 2 PetaByte version of the 3080 to play MS Flight Simulator.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I got the 3080fe installed on my wife's PC and I just received the 3090fe. Thinking I may still see if some 3080's pop up today and if not I'll just keep the 3090 and eat the cost.

Armorian

Banned
On my 2080 TI at 4K I get stutter when turning the camera, especially in combat, which is typically a VRAM issue.

MAYBE, i was testing FFXV on 2060S few days ago and game is hitching sometimes, but lowering TRAM to high (is uses less than 6GB that way) doesn't help. I think engine is just fucked up and stutters are caused by poor RAM utilization and usage of swap file. Remember Gothic 3? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

regawdless

Banned

Even if we knew about all the demand, I don't think it's possible to have ramped that fast. We're ramping really, really hard. Yields are great, the product's shipping fantastically, it's just getting sold out instantly," said Huang.

So he thinks there isn't a problem to be solved, great. Just great.
I understand where he's coming from, but I'm going to be negative until I receive a card. I really want my Control DLC to be raytraced, that's serious business y'all.

DeaDPo0L84

His & Hers graphics cards, it's our 8 year anniversary.
FPstbkO.jpg

Amazon have a Palit 3090 up for pre order in the UK, 1 - 2 months shipping time. I did preorder then cancel after reading a review mentioning them being noisey.

Nydus

MSI Vents 3080 3x OC. Good price at 799 though.
Thats strange. I also ordered a Ventus on Notebooksbilliger on the day of release by 15:30 PM. But there has been absolutely no movement with the card. Either the Ventus cards are really popular or MSI dont produce enough :(

regawdless

Banned
Thats strange. I also ordered a Ventus on Notebooksbilliger on the day of release by 15:30 PM. But there has been absolutely no movement with the card. Either the Ventus cards are really popular or MSI dont produce enough :(

Most likely both! MSI cards are very popular in general.
I went for the Gainward Phoenix GS on my other orders, hoping that it'll not be as popular. Still no sign of it, just delays.
All 3080 cards are pretty good, and demand is huge on all of them.

regawdless

Banned
I know it's brutal but I can't help myself.. my oct 1st order just came in. Going to install psu and try this bad boy out. I never had a high end gpu. My best was 2070 and it was barely driving 4k monitor
7Uf9ylW.jpg

Enjoy it!
The FE design starts growing on me. These cards look sexy as hell.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So he thinks there isn't a problem to be solved, great. Just great.
I understand where he's coming from, but I'm going to be negative until I receive a card. I really want my Control DLC to be raytraced, that's serious business y'all.
Then wait for the 4000 series. The 3000 series still doesn't cut the mustard.

J3nga

I know it's brutal but I can't help myself.. my oct 1st order just came in. Going to install psu and try this bad boy out. I never had a high end gpu. My best was 2070 and it was barely driving 4k monitor
7Uf9ylW.jpg
Congratz man, but I have one serious question for you.
Why'd you drink regular ass cola with bunch of sugars when you can have zero which tastes nearly the same?

Top Bottom