• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NeoGAF corporation Eve-Online thread

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
VenntNeoGAF-gafeo.jpg

To join visit:
Atier II - Federation Administration Archives
(Select "Offices" in right-hand bar when docked at the above station, scroll down to NeoGAF and click "Apply to join" - Please include your GAF username in your application text)

Useful tips:

Do the tutorial, Eve can be complicated to start with, and by skipping the tutorials you'll miss out on lots of useful and valuable information, and you'll miss out on a free frigate.

Useful sites:
Grismar's Eve Wiki - Useful knowledgebase worth having handy
Eve Survival - Useful tips and mission details
Eve New Players Guide - Tips and information
Battleclinic - Great for ship loadouts

Sweet.

Thanks for starting the corp and making this thread. Hopefuly it'll catch on bigtime.

I'll be joining you guys in a couple of days when the Trinity client launches.
Sorry this post isn't very constructive. I guess I'm just excited :D

Grayman

I'm stuck on my mining mission for the free frigate.

I am supposed to make a perpertual motion unit ii. I have the blueprint for part i but it requires an item that doesn't exist(i found this much out online).

What invention do I do to move from i to ii? I tried looking for material research but with 14 day waits that isn't going to get my a ship :O

fallout

Thanks again, Vennt!

Grayman said:
I am supposed to make a perpertual motion unit ii. I have the blueprint for part i but it requires an item that doesn't exist(i found this much out online).
I ran into that problem on one of my first characters. There's some sort of looting bug and you'll have to petition a GM. I had to as well, and they sent me the 3 required items without any troubles. Couldn't say how long it took exactly, but it was there when I woke up 8 hours after sending in the petition and logging off.

Grayman

fallout said:
Thanks again, Vennt!

I ran into that problem on one of my first characters. There's some sort of looting bug and you'll have to petition a GM. I had to as well, and they sent me the 3 required items without any troubles. Couldn't say how long it took exactly, but it was there when I woke up 8 hours after sending in the petition and logging off.
doh :(

Ferrio said:
So I wanna be a trader, where the hell do I start?
Find buy or steal some goods :lol

besada

Banned
So, someone explain salvaging, please. I was floating around a solar system, and noticed any number of Serpentis wrecks. I'm Gallente. I went to salvage it, but the interface warned me that I'd be stealing, and that Serpentis would have the right to attack me.

So how do you salvage in a way that won't get you killed?

Grayman

besada said:
So, someone explain salvaging, please. I was floating around a solar system, and noticed any number of Serpentis wrecks. I'm Gallente. I went to salvage it, but the interface warned me that I'd be stealing, and that Serpentis would have the right to attack me.

So how do you salvage in a way that won't get you killed?
Serpentis was another player that got owned. AI pirates would have white coloured icons for wrecks that you could salvage.

besada

Banned
Got up this morning to mine, and instead got into a fight with three Serpentis agents. Killed one, damaged another, ran back to base for repairs and finished them off. Good salvage, including a shield buff, and about 150K ISK worth of other equipment. Between that and my added cargo hold miner, my ISK is going up, up, up. I get about 9-10K ISK each mining trip doing just boring Veldspar.

besada said:
Got up this morning to mine, and instead got into a fight with three Serpentis agents. Killed one, damaged another, ran back to base for repairs and finished them off. Good salvage, including a shield buff, and about 150K ISK worth of other equipment. Between that and my added cargo hold miner, my ISK is going up, up, up. I get about 9-10K ISK each mining trip doing just boring Veldspar.

Oh.. I *wish* I was still excited about 10k of isk. :D

Glad that you newcomers are enjoying EVE, though. It's a great game.

besada said:
Have you tried mining omber? I tend to get 15k+ from 500 units worth.

PS: how safe are containers? I see people leave them all over the place.

JoeMartin

PillowKnight said:
Have you tried mining omber? I tend to get 15k+ from 500 units worth.

PS: how safe are containers? I see people leave them all over the place.

If the containers belong to another player and you decide to go ahead and loot it they have kill rights on you for 24 hours, so be careful whose containers you're picking around.

JoeMartin said:
If the containers belong to another player and you decide to go ahead and loot it they have kill rights on you for 24 hours, so be careful whose containers you're picking around.
:lol I wanted to buy one, but nm trial members cant use them.

besada

Banned
JoeMartin said:

Can you avoid that kill by holing up inside a station? If so, I'm doing some raiding tonight.

White Man

So does anyone have any good starting guides? I did the tutorial, and now I'm kinda lost afterwards. Should I just continue doing the early missions from my agent? When do I worry about getting a better ship? I am assuming that I should be taking the time to build a good selection of ship building/maintenance skills.

Ferrio

Banned
White Man said:
So does anyone have any good starting guides? I did the tutorial, and now I'm kinda lost afterwards. Should I just continue doing the early missions from my agent? When do I worry about getting a better ship? I am assuming that I should be taking the time to build a good selection of ship building/maintenance skills.

I've been using this.

http://www.allabouteveonline.net/Player Guides/BattleClinics_EVE_online_Guide-1.pdf

First skills you should level is your learning skills.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Ferrio:

Join Neogaf chat channel, I just flew right past you in your Velator :D

(And then join NeoGAF corp!")

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Who's who here? On the neogaf channel but don't recognise many names.

On my way to joining the corp.

Ferrio

Banned
Vennt said:
Ferrio:

I'm killing that character, a pity cause it has my name. Too bad it takes 10 hours to kill. You'll see a Fellia in my place now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ferrio said:
Jesus christ I have to go through 19 systems to get to Atier from the tutorial place.

SHUTTLE.

Or you can make the epic voyage of LOVE.

I did the latter. I feel rather smug now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Ferrio said:

Apparently you can get a shuttle to anywhere for 10k or something..super fast..you probably go to a space station to get one there. Haven't done it myself yet, but that'd be my guess.

I've been dabbling in .2 space and so far it's been pretty easy. Aside from the NPCs no one's attacked me yet. Anyways mining's been a terrible way to make money so far , I guess the only profitable positions are within corporations. Mining hermophite it's a measly 25k per trip with my meager 320 storage capacity.

fallout

gofreak said:
Who's who here? On the neogaf channel but don't recognise many names.
Zhan Xi, here. I've always wanted an excuse to have a Chinese name in a game.

As for the 19 jumps, I just hopped in my Ibis, set it to auto-pilot and alt-tabbed. It's all high-sec space and if someone does gank you, it's not the end of the world.

Grayman

fallout said:
Zhan Xi, here. I've always wanted an excuse to have a Chinese name in a game.

As for the 19 jumps, I just hopped in my Ibis, set it to auto-pilot and alt-tabbed. It's all high-sec space and if someone does gank you, it's not the end of the world.
For beginning Caldera(sp) players they go through 3 areas of .3 sec space in the middle of the run to gafcorp

GONZO

PillowKnight said:
I've been dabbling in .2 space and so far it's been pretty easy. Aside from the NPCs no one's attacked me yet. Anyways mining's been a terrible way to make money so far , I guess the only profitable positions are within corporations. Mining hermophite it's a measly 25k per trip with my meager 320 storage capacity.

be careful man, this game breeds a false sense of security.

Won

Did they make the missions harder? Can't remember that I was jammed in a level 1 mission one year ago.

besada

Banned
Vennt said:
Ferrio:

What's the benefit to joining, other than giving the corp 5% of our profits?

I'll probably try making the trip there tonight, but I am small and weak, and saving up for a cargo hauler.

besada said:

I'll probably try making the trip there tonight, but I am small and weak, and saving up for a cargo hauler.
Have you looked at its price? 900million. Unless theres some 1000~2000 weight cap. ship I overlooked.

besada

Banned
PillowKnight said:
Have you looked at its price? 900million. Unless theres some 1000~2000 weight cap. ship I overlooked.

I'm just looking for a better mining/cargo hauler than the original ship, and maybe a step up from frigate. Sadly I'm at work and can't check prices.

At the moment I have something like 200-300K ISK, so I'll be saving a long time, I guess:lol

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
besada said:

Corp only chat channel, later we'll make full use of corp hangars etc.

The corp also has the offer of membership in a small alliance with 0.0 space of it's own. (After they are finished their current small war, no point painting targets on all of you just yet :p)

And 5% is small beans, it will cover the rent of the HQ and the couple of million ISK used to start up the corp. (And it's only 5% of bounties/mission rewards, all market transactions etc. remain untaxed.) - Compared to Goonswarm's 15% anyway.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
White Man said:

my tutorial agent or the agent he refered to as my 2nd agent gave me a frigate ship upgrade for a mission, not sure if its like that for everyone but anyway, it was a decent upgrade, used the money afterward to get a better frigate, etc.

also, the tutorial you went through is not the full thing, click the tutorial button on the left and select a topic, there's more stuffs, i think the rest are tutorial that will appear when that shit happens to you but dont want to be podded or learn what a gate camper is after the damage is done :p

besada

Banned
Vennt said:
Corp only chat channel, later we'll make full use of corp hangars etc.

The corp also has the offer of membership in a small alliance with 0.0 space of it's own. (After they are finished their current small war, no point painting targets on all of you just yet :p)

And 5% is small beans, it will cover the rent of the HQ and the couple of million ISK used to start up the corp. (And it's only 5% of bounties/mission rewards, all market transactions etc. remain untaxed.) - Compared to Goonswarm's 15% anyway.

I will endeavor to make the highly dangerous trip this evening.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
You can make it not dangerous if you want, will take more time though. Set the destination for the gaf corp, but in the world map control pannel, go to the autopilot tab and select "prefer safer, stay in 0.5 - 1.0 where possible"

Eric P

i tried to download the trial and it kept locking up my machine, so i guess i won't be joining you all.

fallout

I love salvaging. I've basically got things setup where I go in with my Kestrel, kill everything, loot whatever I can, then come back with my Condor and go from wreck to wreck salvaging. I just made a pretty easy 400k ISK.

Top Bottom