• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 "I Need A New PC" Thread

TheHeretic said:
God these threads get annoying. The DDR3 you can buy now is shit. Whatever DDR3 RAM you can buy in the future is completely irrelevant.

Anyway what do I care. Go buy DDR3, who gives a shit. I certainly don't.

That much is apparent.

This thread is for ideas and opinions of which at this point in the game have been stated. Now take a breather and have a beer.

Kabouter

TheHeretic said:
God these threads get annoying. The DDR3 you can buy now is shit. Whatever DDR3 RAM you can buy in the future is completely irrelevant.

Anyway what do I care. Go buy DDR3, who gives a shit. I certainly don't.
It is not shit.
The DDR3 1600 stuff is good and can compete with the better DDR2 memory.

Trax416 said:
You should be banned for coming into a thread, not knowing anything you are talking about, and de-railing everything.

The DDR3 I linked is second generation ram.

DDR2 had only three generations in 5 years.

The computer the guy just linked above is worth $1100 and using DDR25300.

Do you not understand how ram works?

Most ram is the same, with slightly different timings. The PC6400 ram offered today, is the same shit offered 3 fucking YEARS ago.

There is no "faster ram". It's more overclockable ram.

I bet you are one of those people who buys PC8500 ram, and doesn't realize it's running at PC26400 unless you manually go in and overclock it.

Yeah, I should be banned. Your the one telling people to buy shitty parts based on the delusion of "future proofing".

Blackface

Banned
Kabouter said:
It is not shit.
The DDR3 1600 stuff is good and can compete with the better DDR2 memory.

THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING SPEED. YOU NEED TO MANUALLY OVERCLOCK THE RAM TO MAKE IT DDR3 1600. HE IS NOT GOING TO DO THIS.

You don't know anything.

seriously. holy crap.

Trax416 said:
THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING SPEED. YOU NEED TO MANUALLY OVERCLOCK THE RAM TO MAKE IT DDR3 1600. HE IS NOT GOING TO DO THIS.

You don't know anything.

seriously. holy crap.

Let it all out man. We're here for you.

Kabouter

Trax416 said:

You don't know anything.

seriously. holy crap.
Of course we're talking about overclocking here...
If we weren't, there wouldn't be any discussion about DDR2 vs. DDR3 would there?

Blackface

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Yeah, I should be banned. Your the one telling people to buy shitty parts based on the delusion of "future proofing".

Shitty parts. Right. :lol

Go away. Learn something about computers. Come back then.

Or maybe help him yourself?

You can't build a better computer then what I put up for the same price.

I said if he wants to go cheaper, go with what the other user said.

zoku88

You aren't being serious, are you Trax? I mean, you can't be freakin serious.

There are numerous memory benchmarks that prove you wrong... btw, the Hz directly related to the max transfer rate of the RAM...

Blackface

Banned
Kabouter said:
Of course we're talking about overclocking here...
If we weren't, there wouldn't be any discussion about DDR2 vs. DDR3 would there?

He is buying DDR3 now, because in two months, new motherboards won't support DDR2.

and the DDR3 stock, runs faster then the DDR2 stock, and is slightly more money.

Trax416 said:
Shitty parts. Right. :lol

Go away. Learn something about computers. Come back then.

Or maybe help him yourself?

You can't build a better computer then what I put up for the same price.

I said if he wants to go cheaper, go with what the other user said.

o wow. sorri mister computer guru

My build would include a 20,000W PSU for THE MASSIVE GIGWATTZ and $3000 dollars worth of DDR3 ram for the awesome future proofing awesomeness.

Kabouter

Trax416 said:
He is buying DDR3 now, because in two months, new motherboards won't support DDR2.

and the DDR3 stock, runs faster then the DDR2 stock, and is slightly more money.
It doesn't. And before it was double the money?
Price crash?

zoku88

Trax416 said:

By slightly more money, you mean twice as much...

And the first line doesn't matter, because he'll be using his DDR2 compatible motherboard for years.

Blackface

Banned
zoku88 said:
You aren't being serious, are you Trax? I mean, you can't be freakin serious.

There are numerous memory benchmarks that prove you wrong... btw, the Hz directly related to the max transfer rate of the RAM...

If I put a $70 kit of ADATA PC2-6400 ram in a computer. Then put a $190 kit of premium Mushkin DDR2-pc8500 ram.

The user would notice no difference.

Ram Benchmarking is for overclockers and people who increase speeds for hobbies.

Trax416 said:
You have tons of options for very energy efficient HTPC's. Even using Mini ITX boards. However, you will need to put it together.

Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping Shuttle or Dell or somebody was putting out ready-made solutions for this kind of thing by now. I don't have the time nor inclination to cherry pick and make component decisions for this kind of machine when I wouldn't be using it that much.

As for the AppleTV or similar devices, I really want a PC to replace my modded Xbox XBMC box. If XBMC handled high-def stuff I wouldn't need anything else. I don't think the AppleTV does High-Def 1080p but I could be wrong. It certainly won't run emulators so it's out anyway.

zoku88

Trax416 said:
If I put a $70 kit of ADATA PC2-6400 ram in a computer. Then put a $190 kit of premium Mushkin DDR2-pc8500 ram.

The user would notice no difference.

Ram Benchmarking is for overclockers and people who increase speeds for hobbies.
So, if you admit to that, then the user wouldn't notice any difference between DDR2 and DDR3 (at least, with the kit you picked.)

Dr. Zoidberg said:
Yeah. That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping Shuttle or Dell or somebody was putting out ready-made solutions for this kind of thing by now. I don't have the time nor inclination to cherry pick and make component decisions for this kind of machine when I wouldn't be using it that much.

As for the AppleTV or similar devices, I really want a PC to replace my modded Xbox XBMC box. If XBMC handled high-def stuff I wouldn't need anything else. I don't think the AppleTV does High-Def 1080p but I could be wrong. It certainly won't run emulators so it's out anyway.

Don't buy an Apple TV. It only runs certain codecs and can't do HD. Its good if all you do is stream from itunes, not much use for anything else.

Blackface

Banned
TheHeretic said:
:lol

Who the fuck buys dominator RAM? Jesus christ

Huh?

You make no sense.

You said faster ram will be out, and the ram i linked will be useless.

Then you scoff at faster DDR2 ram, and suggest he buys cheap DDR2 ram.

So why would you not suggest he buys cheaper DDR3 ram two years from now, which the ram I linked will be?

Owning yourself much?

Trax416 said:
Huh?

You make no sense.

So why would you not suggest he buys cheaper DDR3 ram two years from now, which the ram I linked will be?

Owning yourself much?

DDR2 800 offers as good performance as anything else. Theres no reason to think the DDR3 available today that does nothing today will do anything tomorrow, and with the money hes saved and invested he can buy whatever the fuck RAM performs well years down the line. You have NO proof the RAM you are suggesting will be the standard 2 years from now.

zoku88

Trax416 said:
Huh?

You make no sense.

Owning yourself much?
Why buy DDR3 RAM two years from now when he can do it 4 years now?

Blackface

Banned
zoku88 said:
So, if you admit to that, then the user wouldn't notice any difference between DDR2 and DDR3 (at least, with the kit you picked.)

I picked DDR3 ram because he cam use it when he upgrades and save money.

The ram I linked, will be just like the ADATA ram I was talking about in a couple years from now.

Or he could pay $180 for 8gb of ram now, then $70 for the same DDR3 ram I suggested he buys for $210 now.

Saying I am wrong, is like saying 2 + 2 doesn't equal 4

zoku88

Trax416 said:
I picked DDR3 ram because he cam use it when he upgrades and save money.

The ram I linked, will be just like the ADATA ram I was talking about in a couple years from now.

Or he could pay $180 for 8gb of ram now, then $70 for the same DDR3 ram I suggested he buys for $210 now.
Of course, he could also buy 4GB of RAM now, and thus the total price would be lower.

You're combining two topics of conversation into one point. Actually, that was somewhat of a strawman.

I might as well shoot the fucking horse in the head huh?

READ PEOPLE:
The integrated memory controller supports DDR3 only, including server CPUs. This is a shift away from power hungry FB-DIMMs used in recent Intel server products. The maximum official supported DDR3 speed is 1066MHz (QDR), but an Intel spokesperson noted that the CPU can run DDR3-1333 and 1600MHz DIMMs without problems.

Link to said reading : ExtremeTech

Intel is forcing people with their newest chips "Bloomfield" to use DDR3. I didn't want to have to be a blunt as that, but sometimes..... the less painful.

Buying anymore DDR2 at this point in the game isn't worth it if you're wanting a semi-future proof*
*Future proof isn't real... but hey, it's a nice mindset to have when it comes to electronics
Rig. Sure the DDR3 specs will go up and the latency will improve and the price will drop, but if you're looking to use the RAM you buy now 6 months from now if you "happen" to upgrade... you can.

Blackface

Banned
zoku88 said:
Of course, he could also buy 4GB of RAM now, and thus the total price would be lower.

You're combining two topics of conversation into one point. Actually, that was somewhat of a strawman.

I was using $70 as a debate price. Plus the DDR3 is faster then the DDR2. In my last argument, I was comparing two sticks of DDR2. You can't notice then difference at stock.

Since he is buying good value DDR3 now, you won't notice a difference between it and the more expensive DDR3 ram down the road.

He will have higher performance getting DDR3 now, and save money in the long run.

He could then buy another 4gb of DDR3 ram, combine it with what he has, and have 8gb of DDR3 ram.

So what would you do?

Buy 4gb of DDR3 now. then 4 more gb of DDR3 down the line?

Or 4gb of cheap DDR2 now, then have to upgrade to way different ram, and get 4gb of DDR3 down the line. Leaving you with less performance?

VictimOfGrief said:
Buying anymore DDR2 at this point in the game isn't worth it if you're wanting a semi-future proof*
*Future proof isn't real... but hey, it's a nice mindset to have when it comes to electronics
Rig. Sure the DDR3 specs will go up and the latency will improve and the price will drop, but if you're looking to use the RAM you buy now 6 months from now if you "happen" to upgrade... you can.

My philosophy is still to buy what works now and worry about what works tomorrow, tomorrow. DDR2 800 being as cheap as it is, is still the defacto standard in RAM today. The idea that you can hot swap a component 4 years down the line and have it be good as new is ridiculously optimistic.

Blackface

Banned
TheHeretic said:
My philosophy is still to buy what works now and worry about what works tomorrow, tomorrow. DDR2 800 being as cheap as it is, is still the defacto standard in RAM today.

That isn't his mindset. I was doing what he said, with the budget he had. I actually came in under budget. I also suggested he looked at the other users $900 computer if he wanted to save money

I built him the best computer he can get for $1880 that he will be able to use (short of tons of OC'iong parts and water cooling). It was his budget, and him wanting to future proof.

This isn't MY mind set on computers.

I have the money to buy a $4000 if I wanted to, but there is a reason I am using an E8400, with a 9800GTX.

I just convinced someone to get a 4850 over a 4870 to save money because it will do everything he wants like 2 pages ago.

Go build your Crossfire rig with a 500watt psu, and leave this thread, Unless you are going to help people. Which you clearly aren't.

Trax416 said:
That isn't his mindset. I was doing what he said, with the budget he had. I actually came in under budget. I also suggested he looked at the other users $900 computer if he wanted to save money

I built him the best computer he can get for $1880 that he will be able to use (short of tons of OC'iong parts and water cooling). It was his budget, and him wanting to future proof.

This isn't MY mind set on computers.

I have the money to buy a $4000 if I wanted to, but there is a reason I am using an E8400, with a 9800GTX.

If somebodies philosophy is lets piss money up the wall then theres really no more need to argue.

zoku88

Trax416 said:
I was using $70 as a debate price. Plus the DDR3 is faster then the DDR2. In my last argument, I was comparing two sticks of DDR2. You can't notice then difference at stock.

Since he is buying good value DDR3 now, you won't notice a difference between it and the more expensive DDR3 ram down the road.

He will have higher performance getting DDR3 now, and save money in the long run.

He could then buy another 4gb of DDR3 ram, combine it with what he has, and have 8gb of DDR3 ram.
$70 isn't that bad of a price. Even Intel believed that DDR3 RAM would reach price parity by the end of this year. That's probably not going to happen, but in 4 years? I wouldn't doubt that it would be lower than $70....

He's not really getting higher performance with DDR3 1333 MHz. The performance advantage of DDR3 memory mainly starts at 1600 MHz.. (due to rather high latencies.)

And it DOESN'T save money in the long run. It costs more...

I took out the rest of the post since you haven't been paying attn quite well, or you would've seen that the 2nd option would've most likely be cheaper even if you bought 8 GB...

VictimOfGrief said:
You do know what you posted was completely irrelevant to the point at hand, right? Have you been paying attn? We've all acknowledged the fact that he'd have to have DDR3 RAM by the time he gets his next computer after the one he is getting now.

Blackface

Banned
TheHeretic said:
If somebodies philosophy is lets piss money up the wall then theres really no more need to argue.

If they enjoy it, it isn't pissing away money.

Why buy a $2000 HDTV when you can buy a $800HDTV?

Because the $2000HDTV looks better.

Well the $1800 PC will play better then any $900 rig you could create.

If people want to spend there money that way, who cares.

End of story. End of argument.

Blackface

Banned
zoku88 said:
$70 isn't that bad of a price. Even Intel believed that DDR3 RAM would reach price parity by the end of this year. That's probably not going to happen, but in 4 years? I wouldn't doubt that it would be lower than $70....

He's not really getting higher performance with DDR3 1333 MHz. The performance advantage of DDR3 memory mainly starts at 1600 MHz.. (due to rather high latencies.)

And it DOESN'T save money in the long run. It costs more...

I took out the rest of the post since you haven't been paying attn quite well, or you would've seen that the 2nd option would've most likely be cheaper even if you bought 8 GB...

You do know what you posted was completely irrelevant to the point at hand, right? Have you been paying attn? We've all acknowledged the fact that he'd have to have DDR3 RAM by the time he gets his next computer after the one he is getting now.

It costs less for more performance. You are basing your entire argument on a number I pulled out of my ass. A number you can't even find a DDR2 4gb kit for.

If it took 3 years for a DDR2 Pc 6400 4gb kit to hit $74 mark.

Why do you think the DDR3 will magically do it before the DDR2 ram becomes useless (in a year).

Your entire argument is based off assumptions, that have no backing.

zoku88

Trax416 said:
It costs less for more performance. You are basing your entire argument on a number I pulled out of my ass. A number you can't even find a DDR2 4gb kit for.

If it took 3 years for a DDR2 Pc 6400 4gb kit to hit $74 mark.

Why do you think the DDR3 will magically do it before the DDR2 ram becomes useless (in a year).

Your entire argument is based off assumptions, that have no backing.
Have you compared the speed of DDR3 price dropping to the DDR2 price dropping? There's a reason why Intel thought (although seemingly incorrectly) that DDR3 would hit price parity with DDR2 within a year...

It's not magic, it's capitalism + better manufacturing methods.

DDR3 costs so much now because the production hasn't revved up, which is because there isn't a huge demand for it...

EDIT: If you haven't realized by now, your method is only cheaper if DDR3 fails to hit price parity within 4 years... Do you see the problem now?

Broseybrose

i have a question for y'all. right now im running an X2 5000+, 2GB DDR2 667, 8800GTX. im not concerned about future-proofing. i just want to know if it pays to replace my RAM with something faster, say some 800 or 1066 RAM? my motherboard only allows for a max 800MHz setting, but i can overclock the FSB from Nvidia Control Panel, to get it a little higher than that. will i get noticeably faster performance today if i do this? and if so, which RAM would you recommend for my system.

zoku88

When's the next time you plan to upgrade your computer. And I mean, like, motherboard CPU and stuff. I mean, realistically, you're probably fine now in terms of RAM. You'd benefit more by getting 2 more GB of RAM then getting RAM that's clocked higher.

SRG01

Has this RAM debate really been going on for 2+ pages? I just came in and I have no clue what you guys are talking about even after reading all the posts.

zoku88 said:
Have you compared the speed of DDR3 price dropping to the DDR2 price dropping? There's a reason why Intel thought (although seemingly incorrectly) that DDR3 would hit price parity with DDR2 within a year...

DDR3 costs so much now because the production hasn't revved up, which is because there isn't a huge demand for it...

EDIT: If you haven't realized by now, your method is only cheaper if DDR3 fails to hit price parity within 4 years... Do you see the problem now?

Actually, I would like to jump in on this point. AFAIK, DDR2 margins are so low that it's actually hurting companies. It's strange that DDR3 production isn't ramping up as fast as it should, considering that the technological leap isn't that big between the generations. Reasons I would give would be: DDR2 is still standard for the public and no real incentive to switch, and supporting hardware (ie. chipsets) required are still too expensive.

zoku88

Broseybrose said:
ill probably get a new mobo/cpu sometime in 09...
Hmm, depending on how soon, it might not even be worth getting an extra 2 GB of RAM. Seems like a waste, to only use it for less than a year.

zoku88

Azzurri said:
Hey guys, if I misplaced my XP Home CD, but have my Product Key can I use another CD and use my Product Key?
Worth a try, I'd imagine. I don't think keys match to the specific CDs, (which is how pirates can get it, maybe?)

Blackface

Banned
Branskins said:
How well did Crysis sell?

Are developers really flocking to build games like this that only a minority can play?

It didn't sell as well as they wanted, and is highly pirated.

Also, the only reason the minority can play Crysis, is because it's coded like absolute garbage. Games will come out that look as good as Crysis but run much better on a wider arrary of machines.

The code for Crysis is horribly optimized, to the point where various modders are optimizing the code FOR Crytek so it runs better on peoples machines. This doesn't include the wide variations of CVAR group settings, that can be changed.

Blackface

Banned
SRG01 said:
Has this RAM debate really been going on for 2+ pages? I just came in and I have no clue what you guys are talking about even after reading all the posts.

Actually, I would like to jump in on this point. AFAIK, DDR2 margins are so low that it's actually hurting companies. It's strange that DDR3 production isn't ramping up as fast as it should, considering that the technological leap isn't that big between the generations. Reasons I would give would be: DDR2 is still standard for the public and no real incentive to switch, and supporting hardware (ie. chipsets) required are still too expensive.

This is right. DDR2 memory companies are losing money on anything except old chips. Companies like Mushkin, even discontinued their D9 lines and did not even keep any for RMA's.

You will not see prices like DDR2 for DDR3 for a long time.

By this time next year, you will have a hard time even finding DDR2 for a computer, and the cost of it will increase again. DDR3 will drop, but it will not hit the prices DDR2 is at now.

Blackface

Banned
Broseybrose said:
ill probably get a new mobo/cpu sometime in 09...

If you are running Vista, I suggest getting an extra 2gb of what you have now.

If you are running 64 bit XP, I suggest another 1 gb of compatible ram, that will work with what you are currently using.

You will have to swap everything out if you upgrade in 09 anyway, so buy the cheapest you can now.

1 year is a long time, so upgrading could work out well until 09.

Good companies.

Crucial, G.skill, Mushkin, Corsair.

Great budget ram, Patriot, ADATA.

zoku88

SRG01 said:
You're partially right, the prices are that low for DDR2. It's because the market more or less crashed. Of course, they're still making money (or else, Rambus wouldn't be suing them since they wouldn't really get any money out of it.)

But I don't find it strange that production hasn't ramped up, for the reason you said. No demand.

But, I think it's foolish to say that their won't be price parity within a year. I mean, DDR3 right now is more or less at pre-crash levels. That's pretty fast compared to DDR2. And that's without significant demand.

Blizzard

Banned
I'll probably have more n00b questions if I put together something later, but another quick question: Are there any good sources for getting XP Pro? Ideally I'd like that and maybe Linux (Ubuntu or otherwise) on another partition since I loathe most everything I've seen about Vista. I do like that Dell still has an option to get install disks for both XP Pro AND Vista Ultimate in case you decide to migrate later.

But are there any options besides Dell? If I was smart I would have burned myself a legal XP Pro copy a year ago when I was in school, but I don't have access to that now. :(

Chiggs

Gold Member
Trax416 said:
crysis.jpg

Holy shit, look at the GX2. Branskins, you paying attention?

Blackface

Banned
zoku88 said:

You don't understand something.

1. DDR3 is faster then DDR2. Simple as that. You are running at 800MHZ Vs 1333MHZ with slightly higher timings. The DDR3 is a better performer.

2. DDR3 will not be as cheap as DDR2 is now. It's a much difference process.

3. DDR3 1333MHZ, even in 2 years, is going to be the standard. You will have more expensive ram, that can overclock better, but not everyone wants to overclock. DDR3 is in it's second generation already.

4. A this point in time next year. DDR2 memory is going to be a joke. People will be using it on budget builds for there $250 HTPC. IT will not be able to keep up with the new applications, it will not be able to be used in a high performance PC. DDR3 will.

5. DDR3 also offers more room to overclock, with less stability issues.

6. There is a reason Intel wants to move on to DDR3. It's because their new more powerful components need it. The new more powerful applications need it. Intel actually LOSES money by switching over to DDR3, but it's a step that needs to be done.

7. If we were building a $900 PC, i would never suggest to go with DDR3 ram. But the fact is, he had a budget of $2200. That was his budget. He wanted to make a computer that will last him a long time for that money. Taking DDR2 is a MISTAKE. because it WON'T last long enough. He would be forced to upgrade to DDR3 long before he upgraded his overall PC.

I can tell you are a kid, or someone who has no experience in building people machines. When someone asks you to build them something, you do it. You do what they want. You don't stand around preaching your own opinions. I have many opinions, but I only give them when asked for them. I don't act like a pretentious douchebag

I built him the best computer that money can buy for $1880 with room to let him get a good SamSung monitor.

This is what he wanted. So that is what I did.

I also told him if he wanted to go cheaper, then the build the other user suggest was fantastic.

For people building PC's on a strict budget, DDR2 is the way to go. It's what I have been suggesting long before you popped in here with your incorrect information. Long before the delusional guy who is making Crossfire rigs with 500watt PSU's.

The fact is, if you are building a computer for someone and there budget is $2200. You are robbing them of performance, and usability in the future by telling them to get DDR2 memory.

Anyone who knows computers will tell you this.

Azzurri

Gold Member
Well I made some upgrades.

Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Intel Mobo
Another HDD; 400 Gig WD SATA 16mb (Now I'll have 4)
G. Skill 4gig DDR2 1066 Ram
A new Case Antec p182, my older Antec 900 collects to much dust.
And Windows Vista Home Premium x64 bit.

I'll use my 8800 GTX and E6600 CPu for now and keep my other 3 HDD and DVD drive.

zoku88

Trax416 said:
You don't understand something.

1. DDR3 is faster then DDR2. Simple as that. You are running at 800MHZ Vs 1333MHZ with slightly higher timings. The DDR3 is a better performer. show me that it's significant in gaming.

2. DDR3 will not be as cheap as DDR2 is now. It's a much difference process. Of course, you would know more than Intel about this thing...

3. DDR3 1333MHZ, even in 2 years, is going to be the standard. You will have more expensive ram, that can overclock better, but not everyone wants to overclock. DDR3 is in it's second generation already. proof that 1333MHz will be standard?

4. A this point in time next year. DDR2 memory is going to be a joke. People will be using it on budget builds for there $250 HTPC. IT will not be able to keep up with the new applications, it will not be able to be used in a high performance PC. DDR3 will. irrelevant...

5. DDR3 also offers more room to overclock, with less stability issues. didn't you say that this person was unlikely to overclock? That would make this irrelevant

6. There is a reason Intel wants to move on to DDR3. It's because their new more powerful components need it. The new more powerful applications need it. Intel actually LOSES money by switching over to DDR3, but it's a step that needs to be done. Do you actually know this? I'm pretty sure that's not actually the reason...

7. If we were building a $900 PC, i would never suggest to go with DDR3 ram. But the fact is, he had a budget of $2200. That was his budget. He wanted to make a computer that will last him a long time for that money. Taking DDR2 is a MISTAKE. because it WON'T last long enough. He would be forced to upgrade to DDR3 long before he upgraded his overall PC. Proof that they won't last the same time with a Core 2 CPU?

I don't act like a pretentious douchebag Oooh, yes you do. Moreso than you realize

...blah blah
More or less, I think you crossed the line between performance and waste of money. The RAM you chose would give him VERY minimal performance increase. He might not even notice. Feel free to prove me wrong. Show me tests.

EDIT: And please, stop with the ad hominems...

EDIT2: DDR2 prices from last year: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1182893

From the hot deals section of the hard forum.
Azzurri said:
Well I made some upgrades.

Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Intel Mobo
Another HDD; 400 Gig WD SATA 16mb (Now I'll have 4)
G. Skill 4gig DDR2 1066 Ram
A new Case Antec p182, my older Antec 900 collects to much dust.
And Windows Vista Home Premium x64 bit.

I'll use my 8800 GTX and E6600 CPu for now and keep my other 3 HDD and DVD drive.
you overclocking? If not, 800 MHz RAM is fine.

Top Bottom