• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AL_West_2011.png

NL_West_2011.png

... lololol

Sharp

Poor cuevas.
Adam Blade said:
So I heard Mike Adams and Koji Uehara are good relievers... or something like that, right Enron?
These things happen when you move to a little league ballpark.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
sangreal said:
I heard the Yankees have too many pitchers to fit in a 5-man rotation and I believe I have a solution...
don't. unless your idea is to kill aj.

edit: oh now i get that that was the most likely suggestion

harSon

Banned
I fucking called it weeks ago.

The Pirates knew that after 17 seasons of losing, another losing season wouldn't be an adequate means of fucking over the fan base. So they devised a plan. They would do well, for a lot longer than Pirates fans are used to, and when they finally got in the fan's good graces once more, they would tie us to the floor, yell "GOTCHA BITCH!" and then proceed to shit in our faces like old times sake.

Drek

Lazy vs Crazy said:
Gee I sure am glad the Red Sox gave Crawford twice what he is worth so they can't afford to re-sign Ellsbury.
1. Ells is on arb through the 2014 season. He'll be 30 at that point.

2. There is no such thing as "can't afford to re-sign" with the Red Sox. In fact, Epstein has already acknowledged once this season that they have talked extension with Ellsbury before. Boras as his agent or not, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a long term deal this winter (I'd personally hold off until after the 2012 season).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sf2fanatic said:
Angels need a 4th. Pinero and Chatwood are done. Letting good opportunities get away.

If the Angels don't make the playoffs this year it won't be because of their 4th starter but rather the guy who is hitting 4th in that lineup.

Quite frankly any team that is trotting out Vernon Wells to bat cleanup doesn't really deserve to make the playoffs.

They spent 20 million on Wells this season, will spend 25 million per year in 2012, 2013 and 2014 on him. They're paying Gary Matthews Jr and Scott Kazmir a combined 23 million dollars this year. They're playing Jeff Mathis everyday after scuttling Mike Napoli out of town. Torii Hunter is making 18.5 million dollars this year and will do the same next.

That is pretty much the definition of wasted opportunity. If they get into the playoffs they can do a ton of damage but that lineup is doing everything in its power to keep them from making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom