• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkside31337 said:
But instead the Dodgers traded him for a bunch of backups.

yup thats right!!!

Problem with Robinson he would of got little to no playing time in Left. Have him platoon with Gwynn and Rivera? Like to see him play everyday or almost everyday.

darkside31337 said:
Giants activated Mark DeRosa and sent Brandon Belt back to the minors. Unbelievable.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEESSOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEE!

I CAME TO PLAY...

I came to play,
There's a price to pay,
Time for you to get down on your knees and pray,

I CAME TO PLAY...
Say goodbye to the good old days...
Their never coming back,
Watch Belt's future fade...

I CAME TO PLAY...
I came to play,
Had my dues paid...
I guess the fans wanted youth,
It can't be saved...

I CAME TO PLAY...

I'm here to stay,
Best get out of my way...
I'm here to stay,
Best get out of my way...

I CAME TO PLAY...

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Frankman said:

No Titantron link? For shame.

Unbelievable though how much Brandon Belt has been screwed around with. I suppose it's better for him to be in the minors then to just sit on the bench and watch Huff "play" baseball.

darkside31337 said:
No Titantron link? For shame.

Unbelievable though how much Brandon Belt has been screwed around with. I suppose it's better for him to be in the minors then to just sit on the bench and watch Huff "play" baseball.
I actually was looking for a pic of DeRosa with like a trolling smile, never even thought of the Tron. :p

I really don't get what the Giants are doing either. Man that guy loves his vet players. Mets should've traded them Izzy and Hairston for Belt. Hairston's a vet's vet and Izzy is like 41. 41! You can't get more vet than that!

Doytch

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I'd bite, but no longer have the game. Madden future.
Aw wtf, for reals? Wanted to get some games in vs you this year. (NHL 12 future.)

Sabean is a retard when it comes to anything besides drafting pitchers. Actually, he probably doesn't lead the drafts.

Tabris

I don't keep up too much with baseball but I had a quick question if someone can spare a moment to answer. It seems like the pieces are coming together for the Blue Jays in terms of offense/field and the only weakness left is their pitching bullpin.

Do they stand a chance to turn that around in 1-2 years to make a serious run at the Red Sox/Yankees or because they can't spend enough as those teams it's still just all luck/rookie development at this point?

rando14

Macattk15 said:
Does this Weaver bitch pitch tomorrow or is he suspended yet?

MLB.com reports that Jered Weaver will make his next start on Friday against the Mariners. He had been originally scheduled to start on Saturday, but Monday's day off allows the Angels to move Weaver up and still keep him on regular rest. He takes the start initially given to Dan Haren, who was also bumped up one day. Weaver is currently playing amid an appeal of a six-game suspension for intentionally throwing a pitch at Tigers C Alex Avila's head on Sunday in his most recent start.

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/584809/rss

harSon

Banned
The Frankman said:
Wait until McCutchen demands a trade.

Why do people keep saying this like there's any factual basis for it? Not coming to terms on an extension =/= the precursor to a trade demand. Especially when he says that he loves the team and their prospects for the future, the city and would love to stay for the remainder of his career.

harSon said:
Why do people keep saying this like there's any factual basis for it? Not coming to terms on an extension =/= the precursor to a trade demand. Especially when he says that he loves the team and their prospects for the future, the city and would love to stay for the remainder of his career.
Not acquiring Beltran was the tipping point. Now he'll request to be traded to the Mets.

geez only joking, jakncoke knows it and I thought you also did. Actually I've never seen people outside of me say that here, unless you mean in the media.

Cathcart

Cliff Lee in June: omg
Cliff Lee in July: wut

Should be interesting to see what we get in August. If this game ever friggin' starts, damn you west coast.

zychi said:
who does everyone have as al and nl mvp at this point?

i'm on the ellsbury for al mvp boat right now
and nl wise i'd go with either kemp or fielder.
NL has to be Ryan Howard. He's got a lot of RBIs.

Cathcart

Lighten up, Francis. I'm not complaining, but it was night and day the last couple months. And seriously, Phillies fans (including myself) love Cliff Lee. When I say it should be interesting I actually mean that, it's not like Internet sarcasm interesting.

Doytch

Cathcart said:
Lighten up, Francis. I'm not complaining, but it was night and day the last couple months. And seriously, Phillies fans (including myself) love Cliff Lee. When I say it should be interesting I actually mean that, it's not like Internet sarcasm interesting.
darkside31337 said:
lolol the ironing.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
CajoleJuice said:
Baseball Prospectus never had their playoffs odds over 1%, I believe.
it says their playoff odds have gone down 2.1% in the last 7 days. So it was over 1%. Unless i am reading it wrong.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i guess i should be rooting for the phillies since the braves will be battling the giants or diamondbacks for the wild card...soo yay?

well i guess we can give mo some extra rest.

if this holds look like yankees and sox are tied in standings. drama!

not that i care much

sangreal

talisayNon said:
well i guess we can give mo some extra rest.

if this holds look like yankees and sox are tied in standings. drama!

not that i care much

Nobody cares... fucking wildcard sucks all the fun out of the AL East pennant race.

Looking forward to a weekend of FOX and ESPN talking about A-Rod while he isn't even on the field

sangreal

The corpse of Adam Dunn :eek:

Fireworks down 7-2 with 1 out to go :lol.

Yanks haven't walked anyone since the third inning on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom