• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Bruce Chen is supposeed to lead the Royals to the 2013 world series though...

He can pull a Cliff Lee. Help out his team now and then come back and lead the cavalry after they pick up Will Middlebrooks, Anthony Ranaudo and Ryan Kalish for free.

ToxicAdam

The Royals are the fat girl at the bar during closing time. Every guy thinks they will fuck them if they just walk up to them at the last minute and ask.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ToxicAdam said:
The Royals are the fat girl at the bar during closing time. Every guy thinks they will fuck them if they just walk up to them at the last minute and ask.

No that's the Natinals. Target of this this legendary baseball quote:

"Why did I sign with the Nationals?" Tavarez said told a group of reporters. "When you go to a club at 4 in the morning, and you're just waiting, waiting, a 600-pounder looks like J. Lo. And to me this is Jennifer Lopez right here. It's 4 in the morning. Too much to drink. So, Nationals: Jennifer Lopez to me."

"I would like to be a starter, but it's like my father said: 'You want Jennifer Lopez, but does she want you? No.' You just take whatever she is giving to you. So I just take whatever they give to me," Tavarez said. "They give to me as a long man, I take it as a long man. Set up man, I take it. Starter, I take it. I can do whatever."

Still an apt quote to this day obviously.

sf2fanatic said:
I had the same response since he left the Angels...
With as many teams as you root for I'd think you had that response more than once.
Maxim726X said:
Why wouldn't the Mets trade Crapuoano?
Hasn't pitched too poorly considering his lack of arm strength. He's a very cost-effective #5 starter next year.

Maxim726X

darkside31337 said:
What?

Capuano is a STUD. 8.13 K/9, 2.56 BB/9 on the season.

Him and Niese are the only two guys who should be back in next year's rotation.

Someone with an ERA+ of 82 is a stud??

Give me a break. Yeah he gives you innings... Not very good ones though.

Maxim726X

The Frankman said:
With as many teams as you root for I'd think you had that response more than once.

Hasn't pitched too poorly considering his lack of arm strength. He's a very cost-effective #5 starter next year.

Yeah but he's a free agent. If the Mets really want him back, make an offer.

I thought these were the kind of situations that Alderson lived for... Who knows what he could get from a clearly desperate Theo.

Mets honored Pete Flynn, been apart of the Mets grounds-crew since 1961. Nice ceremony. Tom Seaver sent his a nice message too, now its time to play ball!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maxim726X said:
Someone with an ERA+ of 82 is a stud??

Give me a break. Yeah he gives you innings... Not very good ones though.

He'll look great next year when the Mets actually decide to do something about their defense.

Pagan is gone. Wright should be traded. Duda won't be starting. If there is a god Jason Bay will decide to retire. Justin Turner won't plague this roster anymore.

I'd be cool with Capuano back in a Mets uniform next year. Anybody but Dillon Gee or Mike Pelfrey really is an upgrade.

Maxim726X

darkside31337 said:
He'll look great next year when the Mets actually decide to do something about their defense.

Pagan is gone. Wright should be traded. Duda won't be starting. If there is a god Jason Bay will decide to retire. Justin Turner won't plague this roster anymore.

I'd be cool with Capuano back in a Mets uniform next year. Anybody but Dillon Gee or Mike Pelfrey really is an upgrade.

Pagan is gone, Wright will be here, Duda will be starting, Bay will be the starting CF, and Turner will be starting if Reyes walks.

Honestly, I don't care about who's the 5th starter. Team isn't going to be in the hunt for anything either way.

$10 mil for Ozzie over 4 years.

Really Jerry, you couldn't give him that? Fucking really? If you really love your team that much you should of let Kenny go when he offered. Fucking a.

The Mets wouldn't trade Capuano because the Red Sox weren't willing to trade any players in return. They just wanted to essentially buy his contract.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dmncnby2k9 said:
People booing after noticing that Reyes was taking out of the game. Didn't get a proper send off, trying to secure that batting title lol

As they should. Mets are such a joke. Literally can't get anything right.

Sanjuro

cuevas said:
$10 mil for Ozzie over 4 years.

Really Jerry, you couldn't give him that? Fucking really? If you really love your team that much you should of let Kenny go when he offered. Fucking a.
Wait, you're actually upset he isn't back? I would be dancing in the streets that the clown is gone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I will never get Ozzie hate. He's a character, always has something to say and isn't afraid to say it and is quite competent at his actual job. He's one of the few legitimately interesting managers left in baseball.

Fatalah

darkside31337 said:
I will never get Ozzie hate. He's a character, always has something to say and isn't afraid to say it and is quite competent at his actual job. He's one of the few legitimately interesting managers left in baseball.

Who hates Ozzie? Reading through MLB.com and ESPN.com user comments, there's a ton of love out there.

eznark

Banned
Fatalah said:
Who hates Ozzie? Reading through MLB.com and ESPN.com user comments, there's a ton of love out there.

I love him. I would hate him if he were my manager but getting to watch him from afar is awesome.

dorkimoe

Ozzie should fit nicely in Florida, hes used to playing in front of 14 people.

And of course the cardinals get to play the astros while the braves play the phillies :(

I guess Ill have to root for arizona and brewers this year

(cubs fan)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
eznark said:
Braves are 1-5 against the Cardinals.

Don't blame the schedule when you got your clocks cleaned head to head.
no doubt its the braves own fault for this mess, but still it would be nice to play the astros 18 times a year.

ToxicAdam

Windu said:
no doubt its the braves own fault for this mess, but still it would be nice to play the astros 18 times a year.

Says the guy who had the Nationals and Marlins in his division for the past 7 seasons ....

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
ToxicAdam said:
Says the guy who had the Nationals and Marlins in his division for the past 7 seasons ....
Well the nationals are a better team this year and its not like the marlins have not been competitive in a lot of those years. Anyway, my point still stands, i don't like the unbalanced schedule especially when it comes to the wild card. Some teams get to play weaker teams while others player stronger teams.

Also, the indians play in the American League Central, so i'm not sure how much you can talk.

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
Well the nationals are a better team this year and its not like the marlins have not been competitive in a lot of those years. Anyway, my point still stands, i don't like the unbalanced schedule especially when it comes to the wild card. Some teams get to play weaker teams while others player stronger teams.

Like the Braves not having to play the Red Sox or the Yankees this year!

Braves went 1-5 against the Cardinals. Should be 4-2. Check this out:

4/29 vs. STL: Braves lead 3-2 in the 9th, Kimbrel blows it, Cardinals win in 11.
4/30 vs. STL: Braves lead 2-0 in the 8th, Venters blows it, Cardinals win in 9th off Kimbrel.
9/9 @ STL: Braves lead 3-1 in the 9th, Kimbrel blows it, Cardinals win in 10.

All of those really fucking sting now. If they just win ONE of those games, they clinch on Friday night when the Cardinals lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom