• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a moron, but the Braves are still the favorites in this.

Tim Hudson's pitching tomorrow. The Braves are 3-7 in their last 10 games. Hudson's made 2 starts in that stretch and they are 2-0 in those games. The Phillies are throwing out Joe Blanton and the bullpen for 9 innings. Cole Hamels is only going to pitch one inning if the Phillies have a lead so Charlie can try to pad his win total.

The Cardinals have to face Brett Myers, who is right up there with Javier Vazquez as the best NL pitchers in September. Myers is 4-0 with a 1.24 ERA in September and the Astros are 5-0 in his last 5 starts. Rafael Furcal and Matt Holliday are out for the final game. If Chris Carpenter gets knocked around and/or doesn't go at least 7 innings, they are screwed because La Russa has gassed the bullpen for nearly 12 innings in 2 games.

Still favors the Braves, but they are definitely capable of screwing it up.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
AnEternalEnigma said:

Tim Hudson's pitching tomorrow. The Braves are 3-7 in their last 10 games. Hudson's made 2 starts in that stretch and they are 2-0 in those games. The Phillies are throwing out Joe Blanton and the bullpen for 9 innings. Cole Hamels is only going to pitch one inning if the Phillies have a lead so Charlie can try to pad his win total.

The Cardinals have to face Brett Myers, who is right up there with Javier Vazquez as the best NL pitchers in September. Myers is 4-0 with a 1.24 ERA in September and the Astros are 5-0 in his last 5 starts. Rafael Furcal and Matt Holliday are out for the final game. If Chris Carpenter gets knocked around and/or doesn't go at least 7 innings, they are screwed because La Russa has gassed the bullpen for nearly 12 innings in 2 games.

TWvZI.jpg

edit: Carpenter pitched 2.2 innings tonight btw.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shame Mike Napoli didn't get enough AB's to qualify for anything.

.317/.411/.615 slash line for the season. 28 homers and 72 rbizzzz in less than 430 PA's this season. He's a FA after this season, cannot wait to see what he actually ends up signing for.

Angels giving up Napoli to get Vernon Wells, play Jeff Mathis every day and people getting excited over a pedestrian year by Mark Trumbo, still lol.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Corran Horn said:
Braves and Redsox are just wannabes.

Giants choked away their lead long before them.

Giants will be 45-0 after tonight when they have led by 3 or more runs in a game this season!

Unfortunately they couldn't score 3 runs in those 117 other games :(

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
darkside31337 said:
Giants will be 45-0 after tonight when they have led by 3 or more runs in a game this season!

Unfortunately they couldn't score 3 runs in those 117 other games :(
Giants have 4 starting pitchers in the top 11 for ERA in NL...yet cant make the playoffs ... lol

I just sit back and think what if Posey and Sanchez did not get hurt.

AnEternalEnigma said:

Pitching's one thing. Braves need to score runs. They called up Pastornicky because of Gonzales' injury, maybe that will help.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Bumgarner finishes the season 13-13. Glad he doesnt have a losing record after the nil support the offense gave him for most of the season.

Poor Timmy :(

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Except I never made a comment about Red Sox being a lock and I'm not making fun of Braves fans.

It's still funny because the Sawx are chocking. Everything's funny because the Sawx are chocking. My dog's shit is funny because the Sawx are chocking.

Windu said:
the brewers are sooooo going to get their ass kicked by the braves.

Naw, we're going to vanquish the D-Backs first because we can't play St. Louis in the first round. Then after Philly chokes we'll stomp one final mudhole in La Russa and walk it dry on the way to the pennant.

Puddles

Banned
eznark said:
lol, Kemp going to end up with the single crown. Suck it, puddles.

I don't really have a lot personally invested in a Kemp Triple Crown win, or MVP for that matter. I'm mainly concerned with Kershaw for Cy Young.

diddles

Banned
that was truly hilarious. i called it too, just as vin scully said "but no grand slams" i said out loud "until now" and then wham. what a choke, but no dodger really cares anyway.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
lol wtf

edit: looks like Roberts was doing a kirk gibson impression while going around the bases

So the #2 seed in the NL has still yet to be decided going into the final day. If the Diamondbacks win and the Brewers lose, D'Backs are the #2 seed by virtue of the season series against the Brewers.

WHO'S READY FOR PLAYOFF ODDS, BRAVES FANS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom