• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey Devine is missing the plate by about five feet on either side.

Edit:

kJy0z.gif

e8jBQ.gif

Juuuuust a bit outside

Sharp

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lannan with a fucking based home run

Dude has like a career .080 batting average or something

Oh man

weekend_warrior said:
That was a wild game, Hughes was straight ass though. Oh well, PUT IT IN THE LEFT COLUMN, THATS A W!
That is one of the most forced catchphrases I've ever heard. It hurts knowing you guys have to hear that 90+ times a year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sad that the Rays ended up being sellers.

Really though when your cleanup hitter is Casey Kotchman and you're playing Fuld and Brignac everyday it's a miracle your record is what it is.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
That would mean we were trading Desmond, though, and he's still in the game. Though if he gets taken out I won't complain.

Who else would they want? Seems like a strange time to trade Ian Desmond.

Sharp

Joey Fox said:
Who else would they want? Seems like a strange time to trade Ian Desmond.
Not really. They can slide Espinosa to SS and call up Lombardozzi when he's ready... Cora / Hairston will provide more offense at second base than Desmond at SS does anyway.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
Not really. They can slide Espinosa to SS and call up Lombardozzi when he's ready... Cora / Hairston will provide more offense at second base than Desmond does anyway.

Nobody knows if Lombardozzi can hack in the bigs. I guess if there's no other way to get their guy for center field you might roll the dice, but Upton?

Sharp

Joey Fox said:
Nobody knows if Lombardozzi can hack in the bigs. I guess if there's no other way to get their guy for center field you might roll the dice, but Upton?
I don't think Desmond has proven he can hack it in the bigs, either. Everything he's done over the last two years suggests that he's going to be awful offensively, and his glove just isn't good enough to compensate. If any other team wants to take him off our hands, they can be my guest.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:
I don't think Desmond has proven he can hack it in the bigs, either. Everything he's done over the last two years suggests that he's going to be awful offensively, and his glove just isn't good enough to compensate. If any other team wants to take him off our hands, they can be my guest.

After that error I'm more inclined to agree.

Sharp

Windu said:
http://twitter.com/#!/SPTimesRays
On the one hand I didn't really want Upton... on the other hand I really don't want Desmond and I'm worried that we'll keep him as a starter due to Rizzo's obstinacy for way too long.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Looks I jumped the gun.

Rays not selling just yet.

Should have freaking replaced Sam Fuld + Reid Brignac MONTHS ago. I don't understand why the Rays screw around like this. You play in the AL East and not the AL Central / West.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
darkside31337 said:
Looks I jumped the gun.

Should have freaking replaced Sam Fuld + Reid Brignac MONTHS ago. I don't understand why the Rays screw around like this. You play in the AL East and not the AL Central / West.
well its still odd that Desmond is being called up and replacing a infielder on the roster, and Upton was pulled during the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
darkside31337 said:
Looks I jumped the gun.

Um cuz Sam fuld had a diving catch like 2 months ago

Web gem

Btw does anyone else think Greenberg on espn radio is a fuck

eznark

Banned
Windu said:
lol morgan. someone is going to throw a broken bottle at him now.
Never seen a guy so good at riling people up. I was in right for a Reds game and there were about fifteen fans ready to run onto the field and fight him til security overheard and came over.

Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom