• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
clemenx said:
28 innings played in 2 days and Hanrahan didn't pitch a single one. Genius.
He's staring the next game right? He's the freshest guy we got.

"Put the Rookie in."

"But Hanrahan is ready to go!"

"THIS ISN'T A CLOSING SITUATION!"

ConradCervantes said:
Zambrano not happy about being pulled. Two years ago he would've strangled Quade on the mound. That anger management does work!

Oh man, that was the most amazing "I ain't even mad" face as he walked off the mound.

marrec

Banned
Any other year playing the Braves to extra innings two days in a row would be considered a victory here in Pitt...

But not this year damnit, not this year. This year it hurts.

eznark

Banned
YEAH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john-axford-mustache2-260x279.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Twins working that rope-a-dope, wore out those Rangers hitters after that first game and are about to take 2 out of the first 3. Just as planned.

Macattk15

bluemax said:
Cust has actually been one of the better hitters on the team.

You are joking right? .214 average ..... .332 SLG .... his fucking OBP is higher than his SLG.

YEAH THATS WHAT WE PAY DH's 2.5 MILLION TO DO.

Only reason is OPS is near .700 is because of the walks .... but he still has double the f'ing strikeouts almost.

The guy sucks and you're dillusional if you think he is one of the better hitters on the team. Adam FUCKING Kennedy has a higher SLG than Jack Cust our meaty DH.

Regardless, Wily and Cust both suck.

Ugh, I saw a slow-motion replay of Weeks' injury. His foot was turned all the way to the left, almost perpendicular to the leg. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed serious time now.

ConradCervantes said:
Ugh, I saw a slow-motion replay of Weeks' injury. His foot was turned all the way to the left, almost perpendicular to the leg. I wouldn't be surprised if he missed serious time now.

Don't worry, they put Pujos on his rehab team.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
darkside31337 said:
Twins working that rope-a-dope, wore out those Rangers hitters after that first game and are about to take 2 out of the first 3. Just as planned.
Everything according to keikaku.

Counsell at 2nd, Betancourt at SS. WIN!

BTW anyone here that owns MLB 11: The Show want to join the GAF league? We have an open spot (Yankees).

eznark

Banned
The Frankman said:

BTW anyone here that owns MLB 11: The Show want to join the GAF league? We have an open spot (Yankees).

Fielder for Reyes.

On the bright side, eznark, the Cards are getting played a fool by the Astros.
I'm watching. The Astros will screw this up somehow.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
eznark said:
I'm watching. The Astros will screw this up somehow.

The Astros don't screw up, they are in the Jose Altuve era.

Altuve starting his career with a 7 game hit streak. Dimaggio's streak is already dead.

Doytch

The Frankman said:

A replacement spot or new league? I'm only just getting settled now so I haven't paid any attention to the leagues this year.

Astros gun fuck dis up

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:
You'll take Storen and you'll like it!
No I fucking won't. Span is far, far more valuable than any god damn relief pitcher. Span is a great lead-off hitter with excellent on base skills and he's a good, not great defender in center. He's signed to a team friendly deal through 2015 and he's a fan favorite in Minnesota. The Twins do have a glut of center field prospects (Revere, Benson, Hicks, Morales. Arcia) but Revere isn't ready to start there now and has a horrible arm, and Benson is at least another year away. Trading away Span now is completely idiotic.

I'd trade Revere for Storen or Clippard, but I'd have to be absolutely blown away to trade Span.

Sharp

Lambtron said:
No I fucking won't. Span is far, far more valuable than any god damn relief pitcher. Span is a great lead-off hitter with excellent on base skills and he's a good, not great defender in center. He's signed to a team friendly deal through 2015 and he's a fan favorite in Minnesota. The Twins do have a glut of center field prospects (Revere, Benson, Hicks, Morales. Arcia) but Revere isn't ready to start there now and has a horrible arm, and Benson is at least another year away. Trading away Span now is completely idiotic.

I'd trade Revere for Storen or Clippard, but I'd have to be absolutely blown away to trade Span.
Yeah but you are using nerd saber logic and everyone knows the Twins use smart old school grit and hustle and gut logic and they know Storen is a young proven closer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lambtron said:

Bill Smith is the new Omar Minaya.

Throw all your stats and logic out the window.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Sharp said:
Yeah but you are using nerd saber logic and everyone knows the Twins use smart old school grit and hustle and gut logic and they know Storen is a young proven closer.
Yeah, shoot me in the fucking face
so that I don't go burn down the Twins front offices once this trade is completed.

Thank God St. Louis lost. Partially salvages this shitty development.

Weeks is done, fucking count on it. On the bright side, that single put him in the league lead for grit.

bluemax

Banned
Macattk15 said:
You are joking right? .214 average ..... .332 SLG .... his fucking OBP is higher than his SLG.

YEAH THATS WHAT WE PAY DH's 2.5 MILLION TO DO.

Only reason is OPS is near .700 is because of the walks .... but he still has double the f'ing strikeouts almost.

The guy sucks and you're dillusional if you think he is one of the better hitters on the team. Adam FUCKING Kennedy has a higher SLG than Jack Cust our meaty DH.

Regardless, Wily and Cust both suck.

.311 wOBA which is FOURTH best on the team.

98 wRC+ which is also FOURTH best on the team.

.347 OBP which is FIRST on the team.

I didn't say he was good, but he's still been one of the best hitters on the team this season despite sporadic playing time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's also the fact that you can be one of the best hitters on the Mariners team by being literally being replacement level which Jack Cust has exactly been this season.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Sharp said:

:lol

But anyway why would you not regret missing a four run rally that brought the tying run to the plate? It's the only thing that's making me consider heading out to the ballpark tomorrow.

Macattk15

bluemax said:
.311 wOBA which is FOURTH best on the team.

98 wRC+ which is also FOURTH best on the team.

.347 OBP which is FIRST on the team.

I didn't say he was good, but he's still been one of the best hitters on the team this season despite sporadic playing time.

He is NOT doing what he is paid to do. He is not slugging, he is not hitting homeruns, he is not driving in runs. How many times have you watched his fat ass watch 2 pitches down the middle of the plate go by for the called strike out?

I don't give a shit what his numbers are ... he is HORRIBLE. F Moneyball. F Billy Beane.

I hope he gets a cyst on his face.

Sharp

Joey Fox said:
:lol

But anyway why would you not regret missing a four run rally that brought the tying run to the plate? It's the only thing that's making me consider heading out to the ballpark tomorrow.
Because that barely missed home run by Nix was so fucking deflating. It didn't help that I was sitting next to a few groups of obnoxious Marlins fans (who I am pretty sure are the only ones within 300 miles) screaming at the top of their lungs.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Despite going 0-3, Cody Ross continued to help make the world a better place by trying to take out Phillies fans.

SOlz8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom