• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snack

As a Cardinals fan, I am disgusted. We got nothing for one of the best CF in baseball. Just so everyone knows, Tony La Rusa is the problem and not Rasmus. La Russa ran the nicest player in baseball Scott Rolen out of St. Louis so what does that tell you guys. I am so upset to see Colby leave, definitely a 5 tool star! Jays fans get ready for a multiple all-star! Enjoy Toronto Colby. Report this comment!
bahaha!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
darkside31337 said:
Honestly have no idea why Ellsbury is getting weird MVP love.

Real MVP of the Sox has been Pedroia. He would actually deserve the MVP this season.

Really? Ellsbury is also a machine, both deserve the recognition.

Four game sweep by the Mets of the Reds. Been awhile since the team has swept anyone. Now to Washington to face Chien-Mieng Wang. Its been two years since he last started.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Four game sweep by the Mets of the Reds. Been awhile since the team has swept anyone. Now to Washington to face Chien-Mieng Wang. Its been two years since he last started.

Get ready for a long winning streak.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Tonight's lineup: Torres cf, Keppinger 2b, Beltran rf, Sandoval 3b, Huff 1b, Schierholtz lf, Crawford ss, Stewart c, Lincecum p

*uncontrollable sobbing*

Oh well Mets winning streak eases the pain ever so slightly. I STILL BELIEVE.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
Wow. Fucking Purcey. What a blowout. Tigers had better get some pitching.

There is no good reason why Purcey should be on a Major League roster. Don Kelly has more consistency hitting the strike zone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wouldn't shock me if the Angels are the biggest buyers going into the weekend.

They're only 1.5 out now. Everyone for whatever reason assumes Texas will win the division in the end.

clemenx

Banned
darkside31337 said:

They're only 1.5 out now. Everyone for whatever reason assumes Texas will win the division in the end.
Whatever reason = Angels LOL outfield. and Offense in general.

It isn't out off the question that Haren and Weaver keep being awesome for the rest of the season but one of them slumps and they're out.

ToxicAdam

darkside31337 said:

Haren/Weaver/Santana are the best trio in the American league. Everyone should be rooting against them.

Their problem is they have a shitload of underperforming hitters w/ big contracts. I'm not sure how they can sit those guys or replace them with other big contracts.

--- /// ---

Indians are a dark horse for Ubaldo. He fits the profile of the type of player they like to acquire (young and under a favorable contract for multiple years).

I think they will wait until the last minute and make a play for him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
clemenx said:
Whatever reason = Angels LOL outfield. and Offense in general.

It isn't out off the question that Haren and Weaver keep being awesome for the rest of the season but one of them slumps and they're out.

Which is why none of this makes any sense.

Reagins has permission from his owner to add payroll. His two big moves from last offseason, trading for Vernon Wells and that contract, and deciding to stick with Jeff Mathis as the starting catcher instead of Mike Napoli, are basically enough to get any GM fired. He's either hiding all his cards or he's really insane. Leaning towards the latter.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
darkside31337 said:
Tonight's lineup: Torres cf, Keppinger 2b, Beltran rf, Sandoval 3b, Huff 1b, Schierholtz lf, Crawford ss, Stewart c, Lincecum p

*uncontrollable sobbing*

Oh well Mets winning streak eases the pain ever so slightly. I STILL BELIEVE.
How long until Beltran swaps over to LF? Giants home park is not easy over in right.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hideki Irabu found dead in California

LOS ANGELES (AP)—Former New York Yankees pitcher Hideki Irabu was found dead of an apparent suicide in the wealthy Los Angeles suburb of Rancho Palos Verdes, authorities said Thursday.

The body of Irabu, 42, was found at 4:25 p.m. PDT Wednesday, county sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Arriaga said.

“He was found dead by an apparent suicide,” he said.

Irabu lived in Rancho Palos Verdes but it was not immediately clear whether it was his home, the sergeant said.

Other details were not immediately released.

Messages left at the county coroner’s office were not immediately returned.

In May 2010, Irabu was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol in the Los Angeles suburb of Gardena.

Police said he was stopped after his car drifted outside of traffic lanes and he nearly collided with a parked car.

He posted $5,000 bail but it was not immediately clear whether he was criminally charged.

turnbuckle said:
There is no good reason why Purcey should be on a Major League roster. Don Kelly has more consistency hitting the strike zone.
I know Sizemore wasnt that productive for the Tigers but fuckkkk. A's stole from that trade.

Macattk15 said:
Just catchin' up on yesterday bud? As I said, hopefully it means the end of Cust staring at strikes and failing to drive runners in.

Unfortunately it might mean the beginning of Wily swinging at strikes and failing to drive runners in. But with how bad the M's offense is it's pretty much a no lose situation. Plus he can DH so his horrible defense won't be a negative.

ToxicAdam said:
Haren/Weaver/Santana are the best trio in the American league. Everyone should be rooting against them.

Their problem is they have a shitload of underperforming hitters w/ big contracts. I'm not sure how they can sit those guys or replace them with other big contracts.

--- /// ---

Indians are a dark horse for Ubaldo. He fits the profile of the type of player they like to acquire (young and under a favorable contract for multiple years).

I think they will wait until the last minute and make a play for him.

Doubt it Angels will make any moves. If so prob small and under the radar..Wells contract puts them in tough spot to trade for another big contract. Just rumors but I hoping and some few are saying that they may drop Kendrys and go after "The Machine" next season

In the two games w/o Beltran, Mets scored 18 runs. Daniel Murphy is now 3rd in the NL in batting average. Lucas "One Tree Hill" Duda had three doubles. even Jason Bay had a big day. All of that added up to the Mets' first 4-game sweep of Cincy in Cincy.

attack_attack.gif
METS WIN, MO' FUCKERS
attack_attack.gif

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
In the two games w/o Beltran, Mets scored 18 runs. Daniel Murphy is now 3rd in the NL in batting average. Lucas "One Tree Hill" Duda had three doubles. even Jason Bay had a big day. All of that added up to the Mets' first 4-game sweep of Cincy in Cincy.

attack_attack.gif
METS WIN, MO' FUCKERS
attack_attack.gif
Go home and be a family man.

turnbuckle

Square Triangle said:
I know Sizemore wasnt that productive for the Tigers but fuckkkk. A's stole from that trade.

No amount of foresight was needed to know that was going to be a horrible trade. A horrible trade presumably necessitated because of the horrible Inge contract. Sizemore should have been moved to third a long time ago, instead he gets traded for another control deficient reliever. We had a dozen of those already on the 40 man, not sure why Dombrowski decided he needed another. Gotta catch em all.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Alexi Casilla to the DL. If I trusted Gardenhire with lineup construction this wouldn't be so bad; they could give Plouffe an extended look at 2nd base for a couple of weeks and see how he fares. Of course he's starting Tolbert instead of Plouffe tonight, and the two hitters in front of Mauer have an OBP under .300. God damn it, Ron.

bluemax

Banned
darkside31337 said:
Which is why none of this makes any sense.

Reagins has permission from his owner to add payroll. His two big moves from last offseason, trading for Vernon Wells and that contract, and deciding to stick with Jeff Mathis as the starting catcher instead of Mike Napoli, are basically enough to get any GM fired. He's either hiding all his cards or he's really insane. Leaning towards the latter.

They did steal Dan Haren last season, so there is that.

Corran Horn said:
Go home and be a family man.

lol.

I've been reduced to stat-watchin' for the past month. You know what that is? That's where you don't look at the final score, but instead go "Hmm, Paul Janish had a 2 for 3 days. How interesting." lol

The funny thing? I could just say "Time to move on to football!" but the Bengals' season is already over. lololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom