• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macattk15

Ninja Scooter said:
Unfortunately it might mean the beginning of Wily swinging at strikes and failing to drive runners in. But with how bad the M's offense is it's pretty much a no lose situation. Plus he can DH so his horrible defense won't be a negative.

Bet he hits more than 3 homeruns in 223 ABs though.

Aramis Ramirez hinted after the game today that he might now be open to a trade.

Go get him, Doug! And Barmes, too.

Hart
Morgan
Braun
Fielder
Ramirez

Would be a solid top five in any case, and if Weeks can come back...would be most excellent top six.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Dmncnby2k9 said:
Aquafina is an official sponsor of the MLB, so they better stop drinking Dasani lol
We dont follow the rules here in SF. Were all up in the streets smoking pot, just ask Josh Hamilton.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Adam Blade said:
Trumbo powa.

Trumbo for ROY?

Desmond Jennings will end up winning the award with only like 250 ABs obviously for the season.

Realistically I guess Trumbo would be one of the favorites as of this moment although I think Pineda will get his season back on track and end up winning it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Frankman said:
Carlos looks so weird in that jersey...

what are the fans booing about? They can't be booing Beltran.
its Philadelphia, they boo everything

Corran Horn said:
Its philly, what you expect. They are still whistling at Lincecum.
They're attracted to him, people down there aren't used to seeing such pretty, pretty men. They don't watch much Japanese animation down there.

Macattk15

darkside31337 said:
Desmond Jennings will end up winning the award with only like 250 ABs obviously for the season.

Realistically I guess Trumbo would be one of the favorites as of this moment although I think Pineda will get his season back on track and end up winning it.

Ackley won't go down without a fight.

Fenix

Someone did a photoshop job on the Robbie HoF plaque Sportsnet just showed: "*Rumoured to have played for the Mets, but no evidence exists". :lol

ryan-ts

Looks like Rasmus will go 0-5 in his debut for the Jays. I was hoping for some hype from the media but it doesn't look like that will happen just yet.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Nice debut for Anthony Varvaro. For those who don't know him, he's basically a less effective Craig Kimbrel.

Corran Horn said:
I thought beltran was good. You screwed us frank!
Give him a week, for chrissakes. He was a Met and in the NL East for almost seven years and now he has to go play in the minor leagues. He's gotta be crushed, have to let his spirit recover.

The Frankman said:
Give him a week, for chrissakes. He was a Met and in the NL East for almost seven years and now he has to go play in the minor leagues. He's gotta be crushed, have to let his spirit recover.
Lol.
The Jeter HBO documentary is really good.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Frankman said:
So your saying he is going to help us choke our division lead like the mets? or....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom