• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont understand why we waste a spot on Pedro Ciriaco, he's been up for most of the season and has a grand total of 6 PA

edit: ugh

Oh hey, the Mets game started ten minutes ago and Chien-Mien Wang is pitching! I wonder how he's doing.

...Eep.

Edit: Well at least he got Bay out, lol

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
This game shouldn't go on Gee's ROTY resume as being a Win. That was guaranteed from the jump.

Edit: Hey look, the leadoff and #2 guy don't get on. AGAIN

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:
This game shouldn't go on Gee's ROTY resume as being a Win. That was guaranteed from the jump.

We're going to lose by double digits.

harSon

Banned
jakncoke said:
This game is going to be a disaster.

Edit: correction. IT IS A DISASTER!

Yup, they've almost put the game out of reach for our offense, regardless of who's pitching. With Halladay at the mound... well :/

Joe Shlabotnik said:
Oh hey, the Mets game started ten minutes ago and Chien-Mien Wang is pitching! I wonder how he's doing.

...Eep.

Edit: Well at least he got Bay out, lol
This proves how low Bay has reached!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Joey Fox said:

Wang looks much more comfortable since the first inning.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
sazabirules said:
Wang looks much more comfortable since the first inning.

Hopefully he can start his next game better.

Which is nice because I wanted him cut after the first inning.

jakncoke

Banned
474492e17ba51d33.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
So now that Chien-Ming Wang is back,, the question must be asked. When will he face R.A. Dickey?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Hellion said:
My life story as a mets fan....

*Tunes in sees mets winning*

*Sees mets finding ways to lose ;/*

It's 6-0 Mets, mang.

Although, I'm betting that their bats will cool down once they back to Citi Field.

I'm sorry but that's got to be obstruction on Werth. You can't intentionally wave your hand to try and block the throw. What is he doing, saying Hi to the umpire there?

In the old days when a runner did that 2nd baseman would throw the ball low, let's see how Werth handles a broken fucking wrist.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The Frankman said:
I'm sorry but that's got to be obstruction on Werth. You can't intentionally wave your hand to try and block the throw. What is he doing, saying Hi to the umpire there?

In the old days when a runner did that 2nd baseman would throw the ball low, let's see how Werth handles a broken fucking wrist.

I see players obstructing when sliding into second base all the time.

sazabirules said:
I see players obstructing when sliding into second base all the time.
Well YoTU does play a large part of it. What guys used to do also is the catcher would throw to 2nd on a steal, the 2nd baseman flashes in a way to block the ump, when misses the ball so the ball hits the ump on the fly. Hard to pull off, but satisfying when done right.

Melky just hit a grand slam and Carrasco was so frustrated he tried to take off Billy Butler's head afterwards, which cleared the benches and got him ejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom