• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread v.2: The Mets are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

Duane Cunningham said:
Melky just hit a grand slam and Carrasco was so frustrated he tried to take off Billy Butler's head afterwards, which cleared the benches and got him ejected.

Billy's been on fire of late. At least, from a driving the ball perspective.

I'm glad Francis is gonna get a win. Guy needs it; It must be tough to put up a pretty solid-ish ERA and be 3-11 on the season.

edit: holy shit, Hafner has a .312 average? That guy is as predictable as the weather.

Doytch

Fenix said:
Rauch on for the 3rd day in a row?

This will end well.
Wizard.

Rauch's HR/H is now 18%. He is also officially a below-replacement-level player.
Maxim726X said:
Drabek, Cosart, Singleton, D'Arnaud, all in two seasons.

That's a lot of great talent... This is their run, no question.
Gose also, for Oswalt.

Fenix

Doytch said:
Wizard.

Rauch's HR/H is now 18%. He is also officially a below-replacement-level player.

Gose also, for Oswalt.
I have to think they're showcasing him, somehow, and it is not going well.

Edit: Lind has been SPECTACULAR, defensively.

Zep

Banned
Capture1-e1311988885320.jpg

aww

suck it ASStros.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:
An anonymous person on a message board... Just like the rest of us?

Holy crap zep, you've been gone so long that his guy who has been here a year and a half didn't even get the joke.

I really hope you feel shame.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
looks like Emilio Bonifacio's 26 game hit streak is going to end.
Zep said:
http://www.thefightins.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Capture1-e1311988885320.jpg

aww

suck it ASStros.
We found him! The milk cartons worked.

JABEE

Maxim726X said:
Drabek, Cosart, Singleton, D'Arnaud, all in two seasons.

That's a lot of great talent... This is their run, no question.
Yet the Phillies minor league director still manages to keep a top 10 farm system in the league. The Phillies minor league scouting is an organization strength now.

The Frankman said:
See, NOW it's ok to worry. Zimmerman vs. Carrasco.

Holy shit what is DJ on?
Dale Scott knows Jerry Meals can't be trusted with the call so he doesn't even ask for help. Can't have him blowing another call now.

Maxim726X

eznark said:
Holy crap zep, you've been gone so long that his guy who has been here a year and a half didn't even get the joke.

I really hope you feel shame.

I've been posting here a few months-It took me forever to get approved.

Wow Nats. Wow.

eznark

Banned
Maxim726X said:

Do I feel shame? Not as much as you did a few days ago... But some. I'll give you that much.

I meant zep should feel shame.

Maxim726X said:

Do I feel shame? Not as much as you did a few days ago... But some. I'll give you that much.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MY GOODNESS!

JABEE

RT @jaysonst: #Astros also sending cash to #Phillies as part of Pence deal. Otherwise, Phillies likely would have been over luxury-tax threshold #trades

hahahahahaha

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
JABEE said:
I can't believe the Astros are sending money too.
well it makes sense with the amount of talent the phillies are sending and the financial freedom that it is giving the astros for 2012-2013.

jakncoke

Banned
So with all these big deals, seems Pirates wont get anything worth a damn. Which i guess isn't so bad to fuck up the future for 1 season but eh sucks to basically bow out the race. Hope we still finish .500

Not a big baseball guy..but since every other franchise in this city is making moves I'd atleast like to know if the dudes they are getting are good or not.

Is Pence even good?

Zep

Banned
Windu said:
well it makes sense with the amount of talent the phillies are sending and the financial freedom that it is giving the astros for 2012-2013.

Decent starter - Cosart
A player who is blocked and nowhere near ready for the big leagues - Singleton
24yr old with a 5.65ERA in AA - Zeid

Yea, we got jerked big time! Thanks but I'll take the proven commodity
from the astros lol
once again.

Maxim726X

jakncoke said:
So with all these big deals, seems Pirates wont get anything worth a damn. Which i guess isn't so bad to fuck up the future for 1 season but eh sucks to basically bow out the race. Hope we still finish .500

You guys have been waiting long enough...If I were a Pirates fan I would have liked to have seen my FO go for it and try to make some deals.

eznark

Banned
Zep said:
Decent starter - Cosart
A player who is blocked and nowhere near ready for the big leagues - Singleton
24yr old with a 5.65ERA in AA - Zeid

Yea, we got jerked big time!

two of their top 5 prospects in Cosart and Singleton and Zeid, their 13th best (by Sickels)?

Even if blocked, that's a ton of value for a non-ace

proven commodity
Hardly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom